ADVERTISEMENT

šŸˆ Recruiting TU Football Recruiting Update - August 3, 2023

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
I'm still on vacation...will be back at home on August 6.

Just wanted to post a couple quick notes:

- Some of you probably saw Edmond Santa Fe DE Bergin Kysar committed to Oklahoma -- that's as a preferred walk-on. TU worked really hard on him and had him on campus several times, and I thought the Hurricane had a good shot. But it appears, for now, Kysar is going to surpass scholarship offers to Tulsa, OSU, UNLV and others to walk-on at OU.

- 6-foot-6 WR Cam Kelley from Tyler (TX) Chapel Hill committed to Stephen F. Austin on August 1. Tulsa tight ends coach Greg Frey offered Kelley back in April, but I don't think Kelley had been on the TU campus since then. He told me in mid-July that he was looking for a good engineering program, but he also said, "I was starting to build a relationship with Coach Frey," which made me believe TU had backed off some, since he said that in past tense.

- Savannah (GA) New Hampstead WR Jaylen Hampton is announcing his commitment tomorrow (August 4). Tulsa is in his top five with Georgia Southern, Western Kentucky, Liberty and Appalachian State. I chatted with him on Monday, and he just didn't say much about Tulsa when I asked, other than he made an unofficial visit and couldn't remember the date.

- 3-star Dallas (TX) Kimball WR Jordan Martin will announce his commitment tomorrow (August 4). I've talked to him a couple times, and he has great things to say about TU. He took another recent unofficial visit. "The visit was great! I enjoyed every bit of it," he said. Martin seems to really like the coaching staff. Martin also has offers from Ole Miss, Arizona State, Boston College, Kansas, Wyoming, Toledo, North Texas and others.

- Another 3-star WR, Josh Smith of Crandall (TX), will announce his commitment on August 6. He also took another recent unofficial visit to Tulsa. "I love the new staff, they are going to have something special," he said of Kevin Wilson's coaching staff. He had a ton of good things to say about TU. It's basically between Tulsa and Texas Tech. Smith also has offers from Oklahoma State, Memphis, Ole Miss, UTSA, UAB, Toledo and others.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News