ADVERTISEMENT

TRANSFER: Utah State QB Cooper Legas Headed To Tulsa

Very glad that we didn’t just resign ourself to going into the first game with a (former) walk on
“He appeared in 21 games over the last three seasons with 15 starts during his career with the Aggies, throwing for 3,485 yards with 32 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. Legas’ best collegiate season came last year where he started seven of the nine games he appeared in, throwing for 1,815 yards with 19 touchdowns and eight interceptions.”
In other words , he is going to have to compete for it , not too convinced he will be better then our other options

Francis will still be the guy. More depth doesn't hurt...but no...he won't start.
I wouldn’t count out Williams or Kittleman yet. If Williams gets healthy , he could end up being an extremely good dual threat qb with another year of growing, he had up’s and downs last year , but I’m definitely not counting him out yet.

I wouldn’t count out Williams or Kittleman yet. If Williams gets healthy , he could end up being an extremely good dual threat qb with another year of growing, he had up’s and downs last year , but I’m definitely not counting him out yet.
Kittleman? Zero chance

Williams? Sure, I could see it...but doubtful.

They need to get that guy a bigger helmet. That one fits like a beret.

20110614__20110615_A06_ND15BERETSHELFp1.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TULSARISING
The practice I went to Kittleman looked better than Francis and they were scrimmaging
I think the blue and gold colored glasses are fogging up on him. He can't see that Wilson wouldn't bring someone of his calibur in for their last year, without promising he would give him a shot at starting. If Wilson didn't promise him that, then he wouldn't have come. It's that simple.

I think the blue and gold colored glasses are fogging up on him. He can't see that Wilson wouldn't bring someone of his calibur in for their last year, without promising he would give him a shot at starting. If Wilson didn't promise him that, then he wouldn't have come. It's that simple.
I’m wondering if Malachi Jones will go back to WR since Houston for 2 of ours

Reactions: quincy101
I dunno. I agree with you and think you are right. But he wants a graduate degree and he’s getting married next month. The parallels with Bower are striking. Bower never really meshed with the team and it was clear towards the end he had moved on with life and was there to get the degree and play if necessary. Could be same deal. As far as we know, just as likely he was promised he would start as it is he was told he wouldn’t start and his job was to be ready and be a good lockerroom guy with the younger QBs.

I dunno. I agree with you and think you are right. But he wants a graduate degree and he’s getting married next month. The parallels with Bower are striking. Bower never really meshed with the team and it was clear towards the end he had moved on with life and was there to get the degree and play if necessary. Could be same deal. As far as we know, just as likely he was promised he would start as it is he was told he wouldn’t start and his job was to be ready and be a good lockerroom guy with the younger QBs.
Yeah…. Probably not.

He was good enough that I can't quite buy that he doesn't want a shot at proving it with an NFL tryout. Thus I can't exactly buy that he would come without a real shot at starting. Maybe you are right. Maybe the specific graduate degree & the rest of his life, apart from football, are what is bringing him here. But as good as he was, I think believing that sounds like a deal on some swamp land in Utah.

I don't think either of the two options you lined out are what was offered though. I have a feeling Wilson offers an opportunity, and genuine feelings about how successful you might be with that opportunity. No promises you will start, and no promises you won't start. Just a legit chance to start.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Agree that Kirk Francis should start and hope that Williams has his issues fixed. I know only little about Kittleman and nothing about Legas. But nobody has mentioned our true freshman recruit due this fall...Tim Carpenter. Of course he won't start or be 1st off the bench, but this kid excites me for his stellar HS career, his size and is obviously someone who can run it and throw it. Our QB depth is as good as perhaps it's ever been.

Reactions: dlsnid
Agree that Kirk Francis should start and hope that Williams has his issues fixed. I know only little about Kittleman and nothing about Legas. But nobody has mentioned our true freshman recruit due this fall...Tim Carpenter. Of course he won't start or be 1st off the bench, but this kid excites me for his stellar HS career, his size and is obviously someone who can run it and throw it. Our QB depth is as good as perhaps it's ever been.
The 2006 QB room had three starters and an FCS starter in it. And a walk on who could have played if he had to.

Agree it’s much better than it’s been. Glad it’s being resolved. We talked about a one year starter while the high school signee gets comfortable, I hope that doesn’t mean a return of the short yardage running QB near the goal line system.

It’s always good to have multiple quality quarterbacks, as we’ve seen in past seasons when they get hurt. Having a third option behind Williams and Francis will be good.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT