ADVERTISEMENT

This is the Democratic Party.

Gavin Newsom want to tell companies that they can't raise prices or close stores to offset minimum wage increases.

that is Communisiam.

Gavin Newsom want to tell companies that they can't raise prices or close stores to offset minimum wage increases.

that is Communisiam.
I would call it Fascism.. but, most people these days arent taught that Fascism is an economic system..

This isnt far from the New Deal measures of the 30's that forced farmers to sell all of their crops rather than keep a portion to plant the next season..

Reactions: HuffyCane
I heard a four minute conversation/interview with Biden recently. Either he has senior moments or he has dementia that comes and goes. He answered the questions coherently, and made sense when he diverged from the topic being discussed, as he related that topic to the one being discussed.

Even an error he almost made was logical and corrected very quickly. He was asked a question about Trump in which he wanted to relate it to January 6. He said September sev.../January 6 riot... There was no hesitation, he rattled off 911 quickly, and stopped abruptly in the middle, without changing his diction, and zoomed into the correction without hesitation.

There was barely a millisecond between 'sev...' and 'January'. There was no confusion, hesitation, or even slight time consuming vocal inflection. He just rattled the correction before he finished the mistake with no change of anything in between the correction. We all would likely make a mistake like that with the two fairly recent events that we all know by heart related to the date.

For the moment he is clear, and I think is running the government on policies he believes in, or has been influenced by others in having. I don't think this is a ghost administration being run by the advisers. The only thing that gets run by the advisers might be time sensitive decisions that come at the wrong moment, and require a quick decision.

Last edited:
I heard a four minute conversation/interview with Biden recently. Either he has senior moments or he has dementia that comes and goes. He answered the questions coherently, and made sense when he diverged from the topic being discussed, as he related that topic to the one being discussed.

Even an error he almost made was logical and corrected very quickly. He was asked a question about Trump in which he wanted to relate it to January 6. He said September sev.../January 6 riot... There was no hesitation, he rattled off 911 quickly, and stopped abruptly in the middle, without changing his diction, and zoomed into the correction without hesitation.

There was barely a millisecond between 'sev...' and 'January'. There was no confusion, hesitation, or even slight time consuming vocal inflection. He just rattled the correction before he finished the mistake with no change of anything in between the correction. We all would likely make a mistake like that with the two fairly recent events that we all know by heart related to the date.

For the moment he is clear in many moments, and I think is running the government on policies he believes in, or has been influenced by others in having. I don't think this is a ghost administration being run by the advisers. The only thing that gets run by the advisers might be time sensitive decisions that come at the wrong moment, and require a quick decision.
Or he had the questions beforehand and the answers were written out and well rehearsed. Who conducted the interview ?

Or he had the questions beforehand and the answers were written out and well rehearsed. Who conducted the interview ?
I'm sure he had the questions and/or topics before the interview. That happens in a lot of interviews. But you can't rehearse getting past dementia or a senior moment in which you are disoriented or confused. No matter what rehearsing you do, you can't fake it past that. That shows itself.

It was Erin Burnett from CNN. And he was looking at her throughout the interview. They were standing they showed their entire bodies, and he didn't seem to look past her much. I believe it was an excerpt from their longer interview. If he were reading the responses he probably wouldn't have made that momentary mistake of September 7/January 6.

Reactions: Clong83a
Anyone have any clue why Biden is placing tariffs on China ? Election ?

I thought I remembered Joe using Trumps Chinese Tariffs as a thing to point out, that the American public was paying for? But now China is paying for them? Doing it so Joe doesn't look weak on China? I have never understood why Biden continued Trumps tariffs, now he's touting new ones. Does Biden really want to cause more inflationary actors in the economy? That's part of what is killing his campaign, and he wants to add more flame to the fire. Are the people running the campaign that incompetent, that they don't argue against this policy issue.

I thought I remembered Joe using Trumps Chinese Tariffs as a thing to point out, that the American public was paying for? But now China is paying for them? Doing it so Joe doesn't look weak on China? I have never understood why Biden continued Trumps tariffs, now he's touting new ones. Does Biden really want to cause more inflationary actors in the economy? That's part of what is killing his campaign, and he wants to add more flame to the fire. Are the people running the campaign that incompetent, that they don't argue against this policy issue.
I truly believe his people poll policy ideas and if a poll shows it’s a net positive they try to enact it or take that position. How many of “his people” even realized he said that about Chinese tariffs 5 years ago before pushing the policy change ?

My concern is that tariffs are inflationary. Instituting any inflationary policies at this time seems rather reckless

Last edited:
I truly believe his people poll policy ideas and if a poll shows it’s a net positive they try to enact it or take that position. How many of “his people” even realized he said that about Chinese tariffs 5 years ago before pushing the policy change ?

My concern is that tariffs are inflationary. Instituting any inflationary policies at this time seems rather reckless
But even if he did that, polled it as positive? What about when they feel the inflationary effects a couple of months later, and get more aggravated at him for inflation? Just makes no sense.

Last edited:
But even if he did that, polled it as positive. What about when they feel the inflationary effects a couple of months later. and get more aggravated at him for inflation? Just makes no sense.
Trump has talked about imposing tariffs as well fwiw.

What polls well, or in this case, what generates short term small figure donations, is policy. They know that. They also know Congress can’t function properly on this issue. So he can flirt and make money off his promises, but in the end they won’t move the needle much. He also preps for leaving office this way. Trump can repeal it and look weak on China or spend capital getting Congress to do it for him.

The real question a real media would be asking is why a President Is allowed by Congress to use their delegated constitutional power in such a manner just before an election for their own political gain.

Doddering gentleman ready for the nursing home? Let's address this after the June debate. That is if they aren't playing chicken with the challenge and/or acceptance.

Doddering gentleman ready for the nursing home? Let's address this after the June debate. That is if they aren't playing chicken with the challenge and/or acceptance.
Wonder if the Dems will refuse to allow any questions regarding foreign policy again? Such an irrelevant subject :).

I actually would be ok with that.

Watching each challenger bait the incumbent into talking about classified subjects, or worse flat out lying knowing the incumbent can’t respond, is painful.

We can get a good view on each candidate’s stances through vetted pieces and looking at who is advising them.

Let’s see…. What was going on in 2020 that might have been an important topic that dominated the discussion????
They debated multiple topics. Foreign policy should always be one of them. Dems wanted no part of that. Will be surprised if they do this time around given the cluster our foreign policy has been. Last time a sitting Dem President debated foreign policy he lectured us on what a great friend to the U.S. Putin was

Reactions: HuffyCane
They debated multiple topics. Foreign policy should always be one of them. Dems wanted no part of that. Will be surprised if they do this time around given the cluster our foreign policy has been. Last time a sitting Dem President debated foreign policy he lectured us on what a great friend to the U.S. Putin was
I'd hesitate to bring things like that up considering...

Putin friend and flatterer.

Agree there. I certainly believe Trump will bring up the fact that Biden sat back and watched Putin invade both Crimea and Ukraine. I know that would be my line.

I doubt Trump would bring up Putin, after having constantly admiring him, and bringing up Putin as a friend numerous times since 2016. Trump wants to give Putin what Putin has wanted all along, which is a brokered peace treaty that gives Putin 1/3 of their country.

I imagine if Trump had won in 2020, Trump would have handled things in such a manner. I doubt he would have done anything to aid Ukraine, and quickly brokered that treaty, after leaving them helpless without our aid. I don't see how anybody could expect it to have happened any other way with Trump's past actions towards Ukraine, and friendly reactions to Putin.

I doubt Trump would bring up Putin, after having constantly admiring him, and bringing up Putin as a friend numerous times since 2016. Trump wants to give Putin what Putin has wanted all along, which is a brokered peace treaty that gives Putin 1/3 of their country.

I imagine if Trump had won in 2020, Trump would have handled things in such a manner. I doubt he would have done anything to aid Ukraine, and quickly brokered that treaty, after leaving them helpless without our aid. I don't see how anybody could expect it to have happened any other way with Trump's past actions towards Ukraine, and friendly reactions to Putin.
Trump will say he made it very clear to Putin that any aggression toward any neighboring country like we saw in Crimea would be met with swift and decisive military action from the U.S. Which explains why Putin waited until Biden took offense to launch his invasion. Doesn’t really matter if true as only one other person could confirm or deny and be sure isn’t saying anything

Trump will say he made it very clear to Putin that any aggression toward any neighboring country like we saw in Crimea would be met with swift and decisive military action from the U.S. Which explains why Putin waited until Biden took offense to launch his invasion. Doesn’t really matter if true as only one other person could confirm or deny and be sure isn’t saying anything
I don't buy that, especially how he held Ukraine hostage with aid. I don't buy that Putin waited on him to get out of office. Haven't heard much tough talk out of Trump. Just heard him admiring Putin, Unnie, Xi, and Orban. The only thing he did was put Tariffs on China, which they didn't mind because we will pay them due to their low prices. I don't think that move in Syria says much about what he would have done in a direct conflict with Putin, over Ukraine either.

I don't buy that, especially how he held Ukraine hostage with aid. I don't buy that Putin waited on him to get out of office. Haven't heard much tough talk out of Trump. Just heard him admiring Putin, Unnie, Xi, and Orban. The only thing he did was put Tariffs on China, which they didn't mind because we will pay them due to their low prices. I don't think that move in Syria says much about what he would have done in a direct conflict with Putin, over Ukraine either.
Don’t buy it either but that will be the line imo.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I mean unless it’s said by a notorious liar.

Not sure we’ve ever had a Presidential election with two pathological liars running. Sad state of affairs
Equating Trump and Biden in terms of lies is ludicrous. I’m not saying Biden is a saint, but those are two different galaxies in terms of lies / day.

Equating Trump and Biden in terms of lies is ludicrous. I’m not saying Biden is a saint, but those are two different galaxies in terms of lies / day.
100% disagree. The difference to me is that Biden’s lies are more stupid falsehoods than Trumps calculated lies. Not sure we’ve ever seen two presidential candidates who are so loose with the truth though

I had a friend recently tell me he was voting for Trump which shocked me. This guy lives in Seattle, blended mixed race family, PhD, drives a Prius, left academia for a non profit. Wife works in humanitarian aid.

He said he feared the people who know Biden is lying to everyone and they still help him more than he fears the people lying for Trump who clearly believe everything he says.

The last 3 posts are the dumbest I have ever seen.
“Hamas is nothing but a handful of terror cells”

“Inflation is transitory”

I’m sure I could find many more.

Biden has been lying about stupid crap for years. No clue why but it’s been a very long pattern. Didn’t he even plagiarize a paper while in college ?

Last edited:

Biden has been lying about stupid crap for years. No clue why but it’s been a very long pattern.

They have early onset pathological liar's syndrome. Neither one has a problem with conscience, unless it is finding one.

Biden has been lying about stupid crap for years. No clue why but it’s been a very long pattern. Didn’t he even plagiarize a paper while in college ?

He copied five pages of a law review article word for word and submitted it as his own during his 1L. He was failed for the course but permitted to remain a student. He finished 76th out of a class of 85. When running for President 18 years later he responded to press questions about the incident saying he finished in the top half of his class and that he was the only student on full academic scholarship. He was on a half scholarship. At various times in his public life he was been caught plagiarizing more than a dozen times, as recently as the 2020 campaign in speeches and policy briefs. My favorite is a speech in the 90’s where he ripped off JFK and RFK in the same paragraph.

So in summary:

1). Guy I don’t support lies….he’s a dirty can’t be trusted POS.

2). Guy I support lies….well that’s different. See #1

Worse than lies is how he has used his son’s death as a political tool. I’ll admit the first couple times I heard him tell the story about his son I was moved and it humanized him in a way different from other politicians. Then I watched him deliver the exact same speech, word for word, at rally after rally, with the exact same pauses, the exact same delivery, the same rehearsed sighs. It became clear that whatever true emotions he felt during those speeches, if any, they were used to emotionally manipulate anyone watching, rather than to honor his son.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT