ADVERTISEMENT

So after the first debate, who would you vote for....

Gmoney4WW

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Jul 4, 2007
...besides Trump, if they were the nominee going against Biden.

I'll throw mine out in order of a general preference. The first several being favored, (/) and the last being who I would vote for over Biden, even though I favored the others ahead of them.

Christie, Haley, Pence/
Scott, Hutchinson

I would vote for every one of these over Biden.

Asa is best aligned with my thinking and style but not very exciting.

I think Haley would make the best candidate.

DeSantis is scary and Vivek scarier. Couldn't vote for either.

I would vote for every one of these over Biden.

Asa is best aligned with my thinking and style but not very exciting.

I think Haley would make the best candidate.

DeSantis is scary and Vivek scarier. Couldn't vote for either.
You seriously need your head examined if you think you could / would vote for anyone who said they would support a convicted criminal assuming the office of the president.

That should rule out everyone except Asa.

Reactions: watu05 and TU 1978
You seriously need your head examined if you think you could / would vote for anyone who said they would support a convicted criminal assuming the office of the president.

First it is 100% true I should have my head examined.

Second, it is an unfortunate feature of American politics that you have to pander in unsavory ways to build a winning coalition. I don't think the folks I mentioned are true Trump believers.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW

If they win the primary it wouldn't matter whether they would support him in office, since it would be that candidate or Biden in office. It's a moot point.

The only issue serving any point if they win the office, would be whether they would consider pardoning him. So why is it that you care, when he wouldn't be in office. If you said whether they would pardon him, rather than whether they would support him assuming the office, that's another story. But the policies they support is just as important if not more important than the issue of pardoning him or supporting him in office.

They don't have the power and/or the voice to keep him out of office if he won the Presidency anyway. Even if all 5 of them banded together they couldn't push him in or out of office by themselves.

If they win the primary it wouldn't matter whether they would support him in office, since it would be that candidate or Biden in office. It's a moot point.

The only issue serving any point if they win the office, would be whether they would consider pardoning him. So why is it that you care, when he wouldn't be in office. If you said whether they would pardon him, rather than whether they would support him assuming the office, that's another story. But the policies they support is just as important if not more important than the issue of pardoning him or supporting him in office.

They don't have the power and/or the voice to keep him out of office if he won the Presidency anyway. Even if all 5 of them banded together they couldn't push him in or out of office by themselves.
I am talking about his authoritarian, truth challenged and selfish approach to leadership. That's why it matters.

I think DeSantis and the Vivek dude are all in.

Reactions: TU 1978
I am talking about his authoritarian, truth challenged and selfish approach to leadership. That's why it matters.

I think DeSantis and the Vivek dude are all in.
What? I say, squinting at you.

Sure DeSantis and Dudek(Vivek+dude) are all in on all that. Ok, sure we can group them all together if you want to. What I was addressing is why it would matter if neither Trump, Ramaswapmeet, or Desantis were going to be in the Presidency.(future group reference will be as TROD)

If you supported the five I mentioned above,(MP, NH, AH, CC, TS) and none of the PHACS won the nomination, I sincerely doubt they could keep trod out of office by themselves. If the phacs won the nomination then trod wouldn't matter, because, well, they won. Phacs hopefully will keep trod out of office, but if they can't beat him/them, then ideally Biden will keep them out of office. I just don't see how supporting phacs has anything to do with the issue of supporting Trump in office. It might have to do with a pardon, but it has nothing to do with support.

That's a philosophical issue that doesn't really matter in the practical.

I'll take a win by any of those five and a pardon,(2) over a win by Trump and a self pardon.(4b) But my preference is a win by phacs, and Trump rotting in jail.(1) That's a win win. If any of trod won,(4a) I'm not sure if it matters who came out on top in the group. That's equally miserable on every count. A win by Biden would be my (3)rd option.

What? I say, squinting at you.

Sure DeSantis and Dudek(Vivek+dude) are all in on all that. Ok, sure we can group them all together if you want to. What I was addressing is why it would matter if neither Trump, Ramaswapmeet, or Desantis were going to be in the Presidency.(future group reference will be as TROD)

If you supported the five I mentioned above,(MP, NH, AH, CC, TS) and none of the PHACS won the nomination, I sincerely doubt they could keep trod out of office by themselves. If the phacs won the nomination then trod wouldn't matter, because, well, they won. Phacs hopefully will keep trod out of office, but if they can't beat him/them, then ideally Biden will keep them out of office. I just don't see how supporting phacs has anything to do with the issue of supporting Trump in office. It might have to do with a pardon, but it has nothing to do with support.

That's a philosophical issue that doesn't really matter in the practical.

I'll take a win by any of those five and a pardon,(2) over a win by Trump and a self pardon.(4b) But my preference is a win by phacs, and Trump rotting in jail.(1) That's a win win. If any of trod won,(4a) I'm not sure if it matters who came out on top in the group. That's equally miserable on every count. A win by Biden would be my (3)rd option.
I believe you are overthinking my point.

Or my brain scan is more urgent than I thought.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I was just practicing Trump's nicknaming games.
I have zero attachment to party in voting. Zero. I am proud to share this mix of votes in my lifetime.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Dole, Gore, Bush, McCain, Obama, Clinton, Biden

In every case I sized up the person first (intelligence, how they treat others successful experience meaning more than money) and the policy second. For policy I like pragmatism and stability. Stand by each and every vote. And I am persuadable, having voted for GW and Obsma only the second time around.

Asa is by far my favorite from that perspective. Haley second. But she has a better shot at getting nominated because she can talk out of both sides of her mouth.

I have zero attachment to party in voting. Zero. I am proud to share this mix of votes in my lifetime.

Reagan, Bush, Clinton, Dole, Gore, Bush, McCain, Obama, Clinton, Biden

In every case I sized up the person first (intelligence, how they treat others successful experience meaning more than money) and the policy second. For policy I like pragmatism and stability. Stand by each and every vote. And I am persuadable, having voted for GW and Obsma only the second time around.

Asa is by far my favorite from that perspective. Haley second. But she has a better shot at getting nominated because she can talk out of both sides of her mouth.
You have that right.(talking out of both sides of her mouth) Maybe it is better to talk out of both sides of your mouth when the country is so divided. That might be her best qualification for today's Presidency. Although it has kept her from being my preference up to this point.

I didn't vote for Dole, Gore, or McCain.(or Reagan, but that's because I wasn't of age until the next election)

Every other one won, that I voted for. The only one I voted for who lost was Hillary.

Last edited:

how about all the people that voted for hrc. oh, thats right she was never convicted, she just distroyed all the evidence first.

how about all the people that voted for hrc. oh, thats right she was never convicted, she just distroyed all the evidence first.
That wasn't a vote for Hillary, it was a vote against Trump. Same thing for Biden. If one sucks awfully you vote for the one who sucks less.

Reactions: drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT