ADVERTISEMENT

Romney won't run again. Comments on where we are today.

Good for him. He is walking the talk.
Doesn't help that there will be one less voice of moderation, despite the fact that he is walking the talk.(admirable decision despite that one less voice)

Doesn't help that there will be one less voice of moderation, despite the fact that he is walking the talk.(admirable decision despite that one less voice)
Depends on who replaces him.

Depends on who replaces him.
Regrettably I don't hold out a ton of hope 🙏 on that. His voice & experience allowed him more latitude to make criticisms than somebody coming in fresh. I can't see somebody new withstanding the pressure to conform to the degrading party line.

Excerpts from Romney's new biography.

One afternoon in March 2019, Trump paid a visit to the Senate Republicans’ weekly caucus lunch. He was in a buoyant mood—two days earlier, the Justice Department had announced that the much-anticipated report from Special Counsel Robert Mueller failed to establish collusion between the Trump campaign and Russia during the 2016 election. As Romney later wrote in his journal, the president was met with a standing ovation fit for a conquering hero, and then launched into some rambling remarks. He talked about the so-called Russia hoax and relitigated the recent midterm elections and swung wildly from one tangent to another. He declared, somewhat implausibly, that the GOP would soon become “the party of health care.” The senators were respectful and attentive.
As soon as Trump left, Romney recalled, the Republican caucus burst into laughter.

Excerpts from Romney's new biography.

I have a feeling that is a deja vu scenario. It is sad that the Republican party has played themselves into this situation, and can't find a way out. I just fear Marjorie Taylor, Gaetz, Jordan, Bobert, types will continue to get elected long after he is gone. I don't let myself get too bothered by Cortez, Omar, etc. because they don't seem to have the power to move the Democratic party as much as those on the far right have to affect the Republican party.

Reactions: drboobay
I have a feeling that is a deja vu scenario. It is sad that the Republican party has played themselves into this situation, and can't find a way out. I just fear Marjorie Taylor, Gaetz, Jordan, Bobert, types will continue to get elected long after he is gone. I don't let myself get too bothered by Cortez, Omar, etc. because they don't seem to have the power to move the Democratic party as much as those on the far right have to affect the Republican party.
I'm getting away from the topic of this post, but I read an interview article that has a relation to what I posted in this post. I thought it was of enough significance to post here.

Ocasio Cortez on How She's Changed

She is amazingly working with members of the opposition like Matt Gaetz. The far left collaborating with the far right makes me nervous. The result in the end, could support fascist policies, regardless of the various motivations of each side. Sometimes the results can be beneficial. Like the members of the government not having the easy ability to trade stocks with companies that could benefit from their work in the government. Class warfare is always dangerous though, no matter which side is fighting it.

She seems intent on becoming a long serving member of congress, and may have what it takes to do so. Prepare for her to be around for awhile.

Last edited:
i fear the aoc, shummer, shiff, pelosi, hrc, fedderman, feinstein, squad types.

Awwww, u put Fetterman in there because you thought it would push my buttons. You don't even know where my buttons are, much less how to push them.

Today’s “Republican Party” may as well be labeled the “Fascist America Party” because that’s what they’re selling. And the racist rubes lap it up.

Who is really Speaker of the House? Has to be Matt Gaetz. He has McCarthy doing whatever he wants. Most Republicans in Congress (House plus Senate) don't want the impeachment inquiry nor do they want to shut down the country nor ignore the budget deal that McCarthy agreed to with Biden to avoid the last shutdown. But Gaetz does, so McCarthy does as directed.

Most Republicans in Congress (House plus Senate) don't want the impeachment inquiry nor do they want to shut down the country nor ignore the budget deal that McCarthy agreed to with Biden to avoid the last shutdown. But Gaetz does, so McCarthy does as directed.
My guess is you are overstating. I wouldn't say most. Enough to give the Democrats the nea vote. All they need in the house is 5 votes against by Republicans.

Today’s “Republican Party” may as well be labeled the “Fascist America Party” because that’s what they’re selling. And the racist rubes lap it up.
I have never seen a time in this country where both sides believe the other are Fascist. It’s quite remarkable and demonstrates the deep divide in this country.

Reactions: drboobay
It’s comical the way Gaetz is playing the rest of Congress to line up their donors to donate to his run for Florida Governor. Fear him, want to be rid of him, hope he’s useful later, it doesn’t matter. Folks are gonna pay. He’s probably $100 million deep in pledges already. Nobody else will have a chance before the race even starts.

It’s comical the way Gaetz is playing the rest of Congress to line up their donors to donate to his run for Florida Governor. Fear him, want to be rid of him, hope he’s useful later, it doesn’t matter. Folks are gonna pay. He’s probably $100 million deep in pledges already. Nobody else will have a chance before the race even starts.
I wonder if Desantis will run against him in the next go round?

I wonder if Desantis will run against him in the next go round?
Term limited.

To be clear: Gaetz hasn’t announced he’s running for Governor. But if you do politics for money at a high level, all the signs are there.

Term limited.

To be clear: Gaetz hasn’t announced he’s running for Governor. But if you do politics for money at a high level, all the signs are there.
Not for this election, the next election. As far as I knew u only have to take one term off if you were elected two in a row.

My sense is DeSantis would not challenge a sitting Governor as a former Governor in 2030 regardless of who it might be.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
A lot of people in this country would be entirely satisfied filing taxes knowing most of it was going to be used for a good chunk of the federal government to do nothing.

Good Riddance..

Mittens had one job.. beat Obama, and he couldnt even rally the base in a year of low Dem turnout...

Well, it’s happening faster than I thought, but you heard it here first, right here on ITS …

House Republicans: "Five clowns" vs the rest of the party?

"...Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), an appropriator who has urged leadership to force the issue, called out the five GOP defectors by name and likened their votes to appeasing China.

“They just handed a win to the Chinese Communist Party as a result of this vote,” Garcia told reporters.

“It’s illustrative that we’ve got five clowns that don’t know what they want except attention,” added House Armed Services Chair Mike Rogers (R-Ala.)."

House Republicans: "Five clowns" vs the rest of the party?

"...Rep. Mike Garcia (R-Calif.), an appropriator who has urged leadership to force the issue, called out the five GOP defectors by name and likened their votes to appeasing China.

“They just handed a win to the Chinese Communist Party as a result of this vote,” Garcia told reporters.

“It’s illustrative that we’ve got five clowns that don’t know what they want except attention,” added House Armed Services Chair Mike Rogers (R-Ala.)."

WATU…..where the hell are you? We just ran a $1.6T deficit in the past 12 months with no crisis spending. Larger deficits are on the way. You’ve screamed and yell about deficit spending and crickets now. Let’s hear it !!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT