ADVERTISEMENT

Pray For Israel 🇮🇱 🙏

It’s not that simple. During the red scare and Vietnam protests, the faculties at most of these schools and their unemployable hippie administrations voted themselves, and the campus, free speech and open public forum rights that are more broad than constitutional protections. Universities risk being sued for violating their own employment contracts by stopping the protests. It’s why you always see a designated faculty member in the protest crowd and it’s why schools let the disorder go until the violence rises to a defendable level. Both sides know the rules and it’s a well rehearsed dance, the public watching doesn’t.
Jewish organizations are presently suing those schools for not protecting jewish students welfare. Do you think they will attack those regulations as being unprotective of them as students, and thus wrongful to students rights? Thus trying to change those contract rights & regulations?

Jewish organizations are presently suing those schools for not protecting jewish students welfare. Do you think they will attack those regulations as being unprotective of them as students, and thus wrongful to students rights? Thus trying to change those contract rights & regulations?
I don’t see the regulations per se as the problem. The issue is they’re are selectively enforced based on the subject matter of the speech/protests. There are multiple minority groups on campuses where these type of protests / threats would never be allowed.

I don’t see the regulations per se as the problem. The issue is they’re are selectively enforced based on the subject matter of the speech/protests. There are multiple minority groups on campuses where these type of protests / threats would never be allowed.
I agree on them being selectively enforced. But regulations that let violence of any sort go on until a net threshold is reached are wrong no matter whether they are being selectively enforced or not.

That’s the risk balancing that goes with leadership. The problem, as law points out, is that administrators either agree with the outcome and don’t identify the risk. Or if they do, the analyze the risk as part of weighing the potential damage to their personal reputations with colleagues, not the potential damage to the institutions or the public’s view of academia at large. A cynic will tell you some or all are in on the game or their hands are tied by their colleagues and patrons. As I explain below.

Last edited:
And that’s the rub. The collective bargaining agreement says the faculty can spew whatever filth they want, wherever, whenever. The time place and manner regulations say no camping, no death threats, etc. So off campus political organizers get kids to build tents and threaten the lives of other students, using faculty as proxies. If the school tries to enforce the regulations on free speech, the ACLU hits them, on the wording and enforcement of regulations. if they try to restrict faculty speech, a CBA lawsuit has already been prepped. And that’s before we start talking about the political forces above them like Boards of Trustees, Board of Governors, Governor’s offices, the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights under Biden, etc. It’s an industry that $1500 an hour lawyers salivate over. To the extent there’s selective enforcement, that’s partially attributable to the fact the Right does not have a sophisticated protection racket going with media, lawyers, pundits, politicians etc now even law enforcement on their side. If the Right had an army, an entire industry of people who don’t do anything except profit off stoned smelly kids blocking traffic, there wouldn’t be the perception of viewpoint discrimination.

Last edited:
I love how the protestors want the universities to divest from all the firms who manufacture military weapons being sent to Israel. Do you(the protestor) want us to send weapons and ammo to Ukraine? Cuz it's the same manufacturers who make the stuff we send there. Their logic just escapes me.

Cuz jews.

Theyre the same ones that make the stuff we send to Saudi Arabia. There is always a different standard for Israel and the reason is cuz jews

Not sure why anyone would question why these people don’t understand the same companies who provide military assets to Israel are the same actors providing similar assets to Ukraine

Not sure why anyone would question why these people don’t understand the same companies who provide military assets to Israel are the same actors providing similar assets to Ukraine

Is this post supposed to be representative of the entire 'students' who are protesting. I doubt the people who selected these four mugshots were going for that.(They picked the dumbest looking people they could find, to be distributed on social media.) These shots are non random, out of the 300 people who got arrested this weekend. Jews most fervent supporters are their worst enemy now. The LGTBQ and progressive Democrats being those segments.

Last edited:
Is this post supposed to be representative of the entire 'students' who are protesting. I doubt the people who selected these four mugshots were going for that.(They picked the dumbest looking people they could find, to be distributed on social media.) These shots are non random, out of the 300 people who got arrested this weekend. Jews most fervent supporters are their worst enemy now. The LGTBQ and progressive Democrats being those segments.
My understanding is that there were only 9 arrests made at UF.

Reactions: HuffyCane
No clue. I pulled it from the Mainboard thread.
Makes my point then. If he had no reason pick out Florida, then he probably picked Florida because he found four of their protesters that looked not so bright.

There’s a photo on the main board of all 9 “students” arrested at UF. These four are in fact among those 9.

Hamas is the KKK of the middle east
No they aren't. Hamas are terrorist advocates for a religion not a certain race. That would be like saying the ira was the KKK of the UK. You pluck these things out of social media, and just say the one that feels the best.

Absolutely crazy this is happening on college campuses. Even crazier that campus security is standing by and allowing it.

The schools have lost all sense of advocacy for their students. They are repeating the 60's all over again. If they aren't careful there might be another four dead in ohio.

The school's have let this get out of hand, and now they are starting to pull back. The problem is they've waited too long. Easier solutions are no longer available. They've lost control of their campus when they could have put their foot down a week or two ago, and limited the protests to something more manageable. You can't just watch it morph into something massive, and then try to get on top of it.

There’s a photo on the main board of all 9 “students” arrested at UF. These four are in fact among those 9.
You are so gullible for fake news.

Here is the real photo…

And that’s the rub. The collective bargaining agreement says the faculty can spew whatever filth they want, wherever, whenever. The time place and manner regulations say no camping, no death threats, etc. So off campus political organizers get kids to build tents and threaten the lives of other students, using faculty as proxies. If the school tries to enforce the regulations on free speech, the ACLU hits them, on the wording and enforcement of regulations. if they try to restrict faculty speech, a CBA lawsuit has already been prepped. And that’s before we start talking about the political forces above them like Boards of Trustees, Board of Governors, Governor’s offices, the U.S. Department of Education Office of Civil Rights under Biden, etc. It’s an industry that $1500 an hour lawyers salivate over. To the extent there’s selective enforcement, that’s partially attributable to the fact the Right does not have a sophisticated protection racket going with media, lawyers, pundits, politicians etc now even law enforcement on their side. If the Right had an army, an entire industry of people who don’t do anything except profit off stoned smelly kids blocking traffic, there wouldn’t be the perception of viewpoint discrimination.
Fox News and X.com beg to differ

No more than you hate Muslims.

The people im referring to aren’t the people who just have qualms about certain Israeli policies. I’m not sure if you’re pretending to be dumb or you are but you should stop.

The people im referring to aren’t the people who just have qualms about certain Israeli policies. I’m not sure if you’re pretending to be dumb or you are but you should stop.
The people you are referring to are a vocal minority that were inflamed by questionable Israeli reactions to terrible Hamas actions.

They tend to come out of the woodwork in the same way that racist KKK types come around when you hear about inner city crime waves.

The people you are referring to are a vocal minority that were inflamed by questionable Israeli reactions to terrible Hamas actions.

They tend to come out of the woodwork in the same way that racist KKK types come around when you hear about inner city crime waves.
While that might be true, imagine if KKK supporters were allowed allowed to block African Americans from entering certain parts of our college campuses while the school Admin sat ideally by and watched? That is currently what we are seeing on many of our college campuses. The mass intimidation of Jewish students supported by these colleges by their complacency. I’ve never seen anything like what we are seeing by our public higher education institutions. I thought we were long past this type of thing. Sadly it appears we are not and it’s the libs who are complacent.

Where the hell did that come from ?

My hateful stance that we must put Americans in harms way in Afghanistan to protect innocent Muslims is well documented.

In serious, I think he means an analogy between “against Hamas = hate for Muslims” and “against Israeli govt = hate for Jews”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
My hateful stance that we must put Americans in harms way in Afghanistan to protect innocent Muslims is well documented.

In serious, I think he means an analogy between “against Hamas = hate for Muslims” and “against Israeli govt = hate for Jews”.
Just that there are many, many conservatives who have hated Muslim nations / governments (not just Hamas) for decades.

My argument is that if you want to equate many who expresses a distaste for Netanyahu as Jew haters, then you would have to do the same for people that loathe the Ayatollah as Muslim haters.

My point is that it’s unlikely there are so many Muslim or Jew haters traipsing around. It’s much more likely that this is a complex issue geopolitical situation and most sane people have distaste for these governments while still being able to separate the diaspora of a religious group from their leadership. Actual overt racists are a minutia, but their voices get amplified in times of regional crises.

All that being said, I believe there was a post in this very thread wishing Palestine to “burn in hell”, and while I do loathe their ‘government’ and its actions, I think such a sentiment is just as bad as people who would express a desire for Israel to burn in hell. Both are wrong. I tend to think of this conflict much like the Irish troubles. Neither side is inherently “good”. They have both been wronged by the other repeatedly (or that is their perception).

Last edited:
My argument is that if you want to equate many who expresses a distaste for Netanyahu as Jew haters, then you would have to do the same for people that loathe the Ayatollah as Muslim haters.

All you had to say was yes I framed your argument exactly as you intended.

Anyhow, I am not saying that everyone on one side of this are jew haters. What I will say is if someone is like many of my left wing friends who were oddly silent in the weeks after October 7th, but found their voices at the first sign of Israeli overreach they should ask themselves why. And if they are all in on BDS for the state of Israel, but have found no such enthusiasm for a boycott of goods from the plethora of human rights abusing non-Jewish states they should ask themselves why. And if someone is on the right and they find themselves suddenly upset at the prospect of American intervention in the Middle East in defense of this one ally or they suddenly are weary of foreign influence in our politics in this one instance I’d like to understand why. Because it’s all oddly coincidental.

Last edited:
While that might be true, imagine if KKK supporters were allowed allowed to block African Americans from entering certain parts of our college campuses while the school Admin sat ideally by and watched? That is currently what we are seeing on many of our college campuses. The mass intimidation of Jewish students supported by these colleges by their complacency. I’ve never seen anything like what we are seeing by our public higher education institutions. I thought we were long past this type of thing. Sadly it appears we are not and it’s the libs who are complacent.
You are representing a single event from UCLA as an event pervasive across the country. I do not agree with what those protesters did nor what at any administrative inaction (though I did not see any administration there…. I would be extremely surprised if there weren’t more than a few Jewish administrators at UCLA who would be offended that you lumped them in as supporting such actions)

I didn’t particularly care for the kid who was blocked as he was trying to instigate confrontation (though I do acknowledge he had a right to attend his classes he did not have an obligation to turn his attendance into a Israel vs. Palestine sideshow) and when interviewed by (go figure) Fox News shortly after he said that “they” (meaning the protesters) wanted the destruction of the Israeli nation, which is likely a gross mischaracterizarion of many of the protestors at UCLA and across the country. Essentially he was looking for a soapbox to spread his belief that Israel is innocent in what has happened in the past few months. The protestors were dumb enough to lend him that platform. (I think many of the protestors, just as in previous eras go about spreading their message incredibly naively and it turns public perception against them)

Finally, in spite of the actions of some of the campus protestors, I’m not particularly thrilled with the police response on these campuses. The crackdowns on seemingly peaceful protests has escalated things needlessly and it was done in many cases as a political showpiece for Republican governors. Someone needs to ask Abbott why he can arrest a bunch of unarmed hippies, hip replacement profs, and hijab wearing Muslim girls in 10 minutes but it takes his army of AR wielding cops more than an hour to stop a kid shooting up an elementary school.

Last edited:
You are representing a single event from UCLA as an event pervasive across the country. I do not agree with what those protesters did nor what at any administrative inaction (though I did not see any administration there…. I would be extremely surprised if there weren’t more than a few Jewish administrators at UCLA who would be offended that you lumped them in as supporting such actions)

I didn’t particularly care for the kid who was blocked as he was trying to instigate confrontation (though I do acknowledge he had a right to attend his classes he did not have an obligation to turn his attendance into a Israel vs. Palestine sideshow) and when interviewed by (go figure) Fox News shortly after he said that “they” (meaning the protesters) wanted the destruction of the Israeli nation, which is likely a gross mischaracterizarion of many of the protestors at UCLA and across the country. Essentially he was looking for a soapbox to spread his belief that Israel is innocent in what has happened in the past few months. The protestors were dumb enough to lend him that platform. (I think many of the protestors, just as in previous eras go about spreading their message incredibly naively and it turns public perception against them)

Finally, in spite of the actions of some of the campus protestors, I’m not particularly thrilled with the police response on these campuses. The crackdowns on seemingly peaceful protests has escalated things needlessly and it was done in many cases as a political showpiece for Republican governors. Someone needs to ask Abbott why he can arrest a bunch of unarmed hippies, hip replacement profs, and hijab wearing Muslim girls in 10 minutes but it takes his army of AR wielding cops more than an hour to stop a kid shooting up an elementary school.
Not surprised you would find fault with a kid who showed remarkable restraint as he was blocked from attending class by a group of people looking for a confrontation. I’m fairly confident I wouldn’t had been near that passive when I was in my early 20s. Kudos to that student for not escalating what could have become a violent situation. Unfortunately, it appears your peaceful protest turned violent shortly thereafter. Something which was to be expected given the actions of the “protestors”. You can rest assured college administrators as well as state governors would be having a very different reaction if this were a different minority group being targeted, harassed and assaulted. Just an awful look for some of our colleges and state leaderships.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
You are so gullible for fake news.

Here is the real photo…
Fun with facial hair.

Going a bit far with ayatollah comparison w/ Netanyahu.

The guy who said burn Palestine was Stigler fan. Comparing everybody to him is about like comparing everybody to Rippin.

Not surprised you would find fault with a kid who showed remarkable restraint as he was blocked from attending class by a group of people looking for a confrontation. I’m fairly confident I wouldn’t had been near that passive when I was in my early 20s. Kudos to that student for not escalating what could have become a violent situation.
They can shout slogans all they want. But when they actively impede students from their class, there's no other way round it. They are wrong.

Not surprised you would find fault with a kid who showed remarkable restraint as he was blocked from attending class by a group of people looking for a confrontation. I’m fairly confident I wouldn’t had been near that passive when I was in my early 20s. Kudos to that student for not escalating what could have become a violent situation. Unfortunately, it appears your peaceful protest turned violent shortly thereafter. Something which was to be expected given the actions of the “protestors”. You can rest assured college administrators as well as state governors would be having a very different reaction if this were a different minority group being targeted, harassed and assaulted. Just an awful look for some of our colleges and state leaderships.

Based on your previous publishing of fake news, I refuse to unquestionably trust your sources. I’m sure this girl got hurt but all I can see is after effects. I can not see if she punched someone in the face prior to getting shoved to the ground. I will wait to make a judgement until I have more facts.

Florida is one of the few states where mug shots are a public record as soon as the photo is taken.

FWIW, media reporting a non-student protestor was arrested with a firearm in his belt yesterday at USF. Things are escalating.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT