ADVERTISEMENT

Horne and Jackson look like the break- through players this year.

I.I.

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
At the beginning of the year it was surmised that we needed a couple of players to have a break out year. Many suspected it might be Zeke Moore or Falokun based on early practice scrimmages. But it turns out the outstanding stars of the break throughs have been a brilliant Jeriah Horne and lately Darien Jackson.

Reggie Jones, George Christopolos, and Isaiah Hill join those two next year along with Korita, Igbanu, Scott and Joiner.

Hopefully a couple of big rebounders and shot blockers will take over for Jeffries. Falokun has some real potential but I suspect Hewitt might try NAIA. Barnes is a great looking athlete. Just hasn't clicked yet kinda like at UTEP.

We are playing eight players now as we usually do when we start the late season winning streak. It makes you wonder what would have happened playing only eight against Southern Illinois and Utah. We seemed to have lost nice leads in the early OOC games trying everybody out with equal minutes.

But you can't fault that too much in the way it really determines who can play under the lights and Jackson has made good use of that opportunity.

All these names and combinations could change with a coaching change as we have seen 6 or 7 times before here at Tulsa. Good players usually keep their commitments like Michael Ruffin, Jason Parker, Wright and Woodard. But we we did lose Ron Heury to Arkansas when Nolan left and Nathan Dudney when Buzz Peterson left as well as the Florida guard to Wake Forest when Manning left.

Recruiting will still be the make or break issue for the University of Tulsa. We have to sign the same caliber of player that the AAC NCAA tournament teams sign.....Cincy, Houston, Wichita State, SMU.
We can't continue to beat only Tulane in the AAC recruiting rankings each year.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News