ADVERTISEMENT

Deneric Prince Active For Buffalo

Pacheco's hurt. Deneric #2 back if Pacheco doesnt return.

Maybe.
The end of game officiating was horrible.
Bad calls, no calls, bogus offense holding calls, no hands to the face calls.
Mahomes wasn't out of bounds when they called the penalty on the Packers.
Both teams were victims of the calls.
Jordan looks good.

Maybe.
The end of game officiating was horrible.
Bad calls, no calls, bogus offense holding calls, no hands to the face calls.
Mahomes wasn't out of bounds when they called the penalty on the Packers.
Both teams were victims of the calls.
Jordan looks good.
The game got out of hand from the officials. Games in GB tend to do that. The PI not called at the end of the game on Valdez-Scantling should result in some suspensions. I'm not a Chiefs fan but that non-call had an impact on the result of the game. We know with 4 tries from the 6 or so, Mahomes is finding Kelce for a TD.

As to the Mahomes call...the NFL protects their QBs, especially their superstars like Mahomes, in an over zealous way. My guess is if that's Hurts or Tua or Josh Allen, the same call is made. And apparently, a DL can draw a holding call simply by waving and flailing their arms around like one of those crazy street-corner windsock guys

I'm a Chiefs fan and I have no problem admitting the Chiefs benefitted from some calls.
Officiating is getting worse.

I'm a Chiefs fan and I have no problem admitting the Chiefs benefitted from some calls.
Officiating is getting worse.
Yeah, it's arbitrary at times. But when you have Mike Tirico, Collinsworth, and NBC's officiating consultant all wondering how that PI at the end could be missed, it's a pretty blatant gaffe or even intentional...and the intentional part is a problem.

They’ve been to 3 of the last 4 Super Bowls. Do you even watch football?

I’ll bet you’ve never been to a T Swift show either.
Don't waste your breath on him (or keyboard strokes). He's a bitter old man who had to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways, in raging blizzards his entire life

Reactions: TU 1978 and TUMU
Don't waste your breath on him (or keyboard strokes). He's a bitter old man who had to walk 5 miles to school, uphill both ways, in raging blizzards his entire life
I think you are giving him credit for a harder life than he ever pretended to have. I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the back seat of the Bentley.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
Plus, original dude was so set on being called T-Bone, he has never recovered from the KoKo label. KoKo so weird!!!1

Pacheco out due to shoulder injury. Same shoulder he had surgery on in off season.
McKinnon is back after missing last two weeks due to injury.

Chiefs are trash and T Swift wears the pants in that relationship.
Taylor Swift is a self made billionaire and just finished the first billion dollar grossing concert tour in history. Travis Kelce makes just over $14m a year. TS has Travis Kelce money stuck between the seats of her private jet. In the 3 weeks or so after TS came around, Kelce's IG followers went from 1.1m to 3.9m and his podcast tripled. You might not like it, but it's TS's world and she knows it.

ImI’m starting to wonder if some of the Chiefs are spending too much time making TV commercials and not enough time working on pass routes.
Music Video Hello GIF by Taylor Swift

I’m starting to wonder if some of the Chiefs are spending too much time making TV commercials and not enough time working on pass routes.
Kelce and Mahomes aren't the issue. The RBs really aren't the issue. The issue is the WR room doesn't have the talent everyone thinks they should have because Mahomes is the QB. Rice is OK, Valdez-Scantling is meh, and the Fumbleitis/Drop (Toney) flat out is terrible. And the backups are just as bad. They can't get open and when teams bracket Kelce, Mahomes is essentially left with nowhere to throw. That and the defense behind the DL is just not very good. If the offense gets the DL blocked and leaves the QB some time to throw, game over.

And I'm sorry, if I'm the Chiefs I'm deactivating Toney for a week or two after that bone headed play. There is no excuse for an offensive player to line up in the neutral zone on a play. Line up at the hip of the tackle and call it good. And I'm 100% convinced that play was ad libbed by Kelce but am also convinced it's some crazy stupid thing they messed around with at practice once. I look for the Chiefs to try that again at some point. The amount of discipline it would take for a LB or DB to stick with his man despite the fact a forward pass has been completed and the TE is rumbling down the field and you should be pursuing to tackle. Like the Eagle Brotherly Shove, look for teams to be looking for this type of opening in plays, especially in situations like the Chiefs were in trying to tie/win the game late.

Kelce and Mahomes aren't the issue. The RBs really aren't the issue. The issue is the WR room doesn't have the talent everyone thinks they should have because Mahomes is the QB. Rice is OK, Valdez-Scantling is meh, and the Fumbleitis/Drop (Toney) flat out is terrible. And the backups are just as bad. They can't get open and when teams bracket Kelce, Mahomes is essentially left with nowhere to throw. That and the defense behind the DL is just not very good. If the offense gets the DL blocked and leaves the QB some time to throw, game over.

And I'm sorry, if I'm the Chiefs I'm deactivating Toney for a week or two after that bone headed play. There is no excuse for an offensive player to line up in the neutral zone on a play. Line up at the hip of the tackle and call it good. And I'm 100% convinced that play was ad libbed by Kelce but am also convinced it's some crazy stupid thing they messed around with at practice once. I look for the Chiefs to try that again at some point. The amount of discipline it would take for a LB or DB to stick with his man despite the fact a forward pass has been completed and the TE is rumbling down the field and you should be pursuing to tackle. Like the Eagle Brotherly Shove, look for teams to be looking for this type of opening in plays, especially in situations like the Chiefs were in trying to tie/win the game late.
Dropped passes are major WR problem for them as well.

Maybe TS has the same affect on K as Jessica Simpson had on Tony Romo? Remember when Dallas had the top seed in the NFC, and blew it in 2007? Everybody blamed Jessica. And remember when Miles Austin was a terrific receiver for a few years with the Cowboys? Ended when he started dating Kim Kardashian, albeit briefly.

Anyway, if I had to choose between watching replays over and over of the recent OSU game, or watch and listen videos or interviews of TS, or take an advance trig test without studying, I'll choose the latter. Money doesn't mean quality. Never has.

Fumbleitis/Drop (Toney) flat out is terrible
You forgot inability to line-up onside. He's the reason they lost to the Bills, just stand where you are supposed to and Chiefs score a TD and win.

As a Chiefs fan, it is really frustrating they didn't try and bring in one WR before the trade deadline. They could've had another chance at a super bowl this year but they decided the system is good and they don't need reliable WRs because of Kelce and Mahomes.

Their record would be much worse if the defense wasn't the best they've had in a few years.

You forgot inability to line-up onside. He's the reason they lost to the Bills, just stand where you are supposed to and Chiefs score a TD and win.

As a Chiefs fan, it is really frustrating they didn't try and bring in one WR before the trade deadline. They could've had another chance at a super bowl this year but they decided the system is good and they don't need reliable WRs because of Kelce and Mahomes.

Their record would be much worse if the defense wasn't the best they've had in a few years.
I think their problem is equating pure speed to being a good WR. And these guys may eventually get there, but they're not there yet. Tyreek Hill wasn't there as a rookie WR, but he's gotten better at both catching the ball and running routes no one can possibly cover 1 on 1. His route running has improved immensely over the years. But when Hill came into the league, the Chiefs had one of the best ground attacks in the league and Travis Kelce was their leading pass catcher. It was Hill's 3rd year when Mahomes took over at QB that he really started to shine (he was still the 2nd leading receiver behind Kelce). I always thought it was Mahomes, but he's having just a good of a year with Tua...so maybe it's Hill and the Dolphins offense looked stale the few series that Hill missed last night. The Chiefs may have gotten arrogant thinking they could just replace Hill with another uber-fast WR, but reality is, they're not at that level yet because they don't have the hands and they're not finding the wide open space that Hill does via good route running. Maybe they get there, but it's going to take some time.

This is something that is taught to receivers when they first start playing the game. Check with the line judge on every play to make sure you are onside. He’ll always tell you if you need to slide back a little.

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Anyway, if I had to choose between watching replays over and over of the recent OSU game, or watch and listen videos or interviews of TS, or take an advance trig test without studying, I'll choose the latter. Money doesn't mean quality. Never has.
I hate country music. I'd rather rip my eyeballs out than listen to country (I realize that wouldn't help much since I could still hear). The twang is brain numbingly annoying and I don't have a pickup with a broken axle or a horse that ran off or a girlfriend who hit my mom with a Jack Daniels bottle. In other words, country music doesn't resonate with me, it's about problems that I don't have, and it's horrible sounding. Do I say "country music is low quality" or do I say "I personally don't like country music but I acknowledge the artistry that goes into it"? I also hate steak, never liked it. Do I say that all steak recipes are low quality? People tend to mistake "I don't like it" for "it's no good or low quality", which I feel is a very self-centered world view. Country music addresses real and profound issues for a large number of people, even if I don't get it and don't feel it. Why would I assume that if it's not my thing, it's bad? Why do I get to make that judgment?

TS speaks very poetically to issues that resonate with ~1/3 of the US population, I don't personally like much TS music (though I do like some - the 10 minute Red is an amazing work of artistry and lyricism) but I respect the hell out of what she's done and the way she's connected with, what, 100 million Americans? A bunch of old men might not get the problems of girls and young women but that doesn't make their problems any less "valuable", or the music that speaks to them any less quality.

Reactions: TU 1978
I hate country music. I'd rather rip my eyeballs out than listen to country (I realize that wouldn't help much since I could still hear). The twang is brain numbingly annoying and I don't have a pickup with a broken axle or a horse that ran off or a girlfriend who hit my mom with a Jack Daniels bottle. In other words, country music doesn't resonate with me, it's about problems that I don't have, and it's horrible sounding. Do I say "country music is low quality" or do I say "I personally don't like country music but I acknowledge the artistry that goes into it"? I also hate steak, never liked it. Do I say that all steak recipes are low quality? People tend to mistake "I don't like it" for "it's no good or low quality", which I feel is a very self-centered world view. Country music addresses real and profound issues for a large number of people, even if I don't get it and don't feel it. Why would I assume that if it's not my thing, it's bad? Why do I get to make that judgment?

TS speaks very poetically to issues that resonate with ~1/3 of the US population, I don't personally like much TS music (though I do like some - the 10 minute Red is an amazing work of artistry and lyricism) but I respect the hell out of what she's done and the way she's connected with, what, 100 million Americans? A bunch of old men might not get the problems of girls and young women but that doesn't make their problems any less "valuable", or the music that speaks to them any less quality.

Taylor Swift is an exceptional performer. The last singer that I saw that could captivate a live audience as well as she does was Freddie Mercury. He was truly one of a kind.

It is fairly uncommon that a mainstream pop artist has interested me. Taylor Swift is no exception.

If you want a contemporary of hers (roughly) that does interest me I would say St. Vincent.

I'm not talking bout the lyrics. I'm talking bout the adult country generic sound. The bland voice, bland vocal delivery, etc. If I can't get past the sound I don't always get to the lyrics.

LP,(Laura Pergolizzi) Ray Lamontagne, Paolo Nutini, Glen Hansard, Angel Olsen, Turnpike Troubadours, Fontaine SDC, Wet Leg, Lana Del Rey, Gorillaz, Sia, Fiona Apple, Sleater Kinney, Black Pumas, Jockstrap, Billie Eilesh, King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard.

If you want lyricists check out LaMontagne & Hansard

Last edited:
She's an amazing lyricist.
Glen Hansard excerpt from the lyrics of

Bird of Sorrow

Even if a day feels too long
You feel like you can't wait another one
You're slowly givin' up on everything
Love is gonna find you again

Love is gonna find you, you better be ready then

You been kneelin' in the dark for far too long

You've been waitin' for that spark, but it hasn't come
Well I'm callin' to you, please, get off the floor
A good heart will find you again

A good heart will find you, just be ready then

Tethered to a bird of sorrow
A voice that's buried in the hollow
You've given over to self-deceivin'
Your prostrate bowed would not be leavin'
You've squandered more than you could borrow
You've bet your joys on all tomorrows
For the hope of some returnin'
While everything around just burnin' ...

Holy crap it’s going to be a long off season.
We should have transferred this conversation to the general board about music. I took it a little farther out. I get slightly annoyed when people go on about Taylor Swift, like she's god's gift to musicians.

Reactions: HuffyCane
We should have transferred this conversation to the general board about music. I took it a little farther out. I get slightly annoyed when people go on about Taylor Swift, like she's god's gift to musicians.
We wouldn't want to inconvenience the people plowing through all the ongoing posts about Deneric Prince in last week's game that everyone already knows he didn't play in. That would be 0 posts since Sunday, you know, the day the game was played. I always SMH at people complaining about off topic posts in threads that are otherwise dead. The board gets like 9 posts a day, maybe we should try to encourage more posts not fewer. BTW G$, this isn't directed at you.

But ok, we can cosplay big school board with lots of posts that get interrupted by off topics discussion if it makes everyone feel better.

Last edited:
We wouldn't want to inconvenience the people plowing through all the ongoing posts about Deneric Prince in last week's game that everyone already knows he didn't play in. That would be 0 posts since Sunday, you know, the day the game was played. I always SMH at people complaining about off topic posts in threads that are otherwise dead. The board gets like 9 posts a day, maybe we should try to encourage more posts not fewer. BTW G$, this isn't directed at you.

BTW, there's a big difference bn saying she's good and saying she's god's gift. That is directed at you, G$ :)
God's gift was directed to the general populace, not directly at you. Triggered.

I can see liking St. Vincent more than TS (though personally I think St. Vincent is fine but not particularly interesting, kind of a little of this and a little of that but not much of anything, though of course that's her shtick), but I think she's a better artist.
Her output has been uneven in quality but some records are really good IMO. Much more interesting than Taylor Swift to me.

I personally agree with you but I'm not sure my opinion dictates which is a better "higher quality" artist. That said, she's a lot less interesting to me than a lot of younger female artists, it's a bit of an embarrassment of riches of talented young women now. Love it or hate it, tik tok has opened up lots of new kinds of music.
Neither does mine.

Musical appeal beyond the more universal things like pop hooks is very much subjective.

I look for things that sound interesting to me. Like the fact that a song like Peter Gabriel's Solsbury Hill is in 7/8 time but still works as a song. Or how Tony Levin drove King Crimson songs like Theela Hun Jinjeet with his Chapman Stick.

Others want catchy and sing along. Or toe tapping. Or a lyrical vibe that connects with the mood of the moment. To quote Papa Francisco, who am I to judge?

Reactions: chito_and_leon
Maybe Deneric himself will read this thread and comment on not seeing the field while being active the last two games, lol.
Bonus would be if he commented about TS and is she being a distraction to Travis, lol.

Maybe Deneric himself will read this thread and comment on not seeing the field while being active the last two games, lol.
Bonus would be if he commented about TS and is she being a distraction to Travis, lol.
I would imagine that Deneric is smiling about the bump/jump in salary for the last couple of weeks.

Reactions: TUMU and drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT