ADVERTISEMENT

šŸ€ Recruiting 4-20-22 TU Recruiting Update -- more 2022 prospects hearing from Tulsa

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
Several prospects have received contact from TU coaches this week.

ā€¢ The newest transfers to be contacted are 7-0, 260 lb. Davion Bradford from Kansas State and 6-11, 225 lb. Theo Akwuba of Louisiana-Lafayette.

Bradford was one of three K-State players to appear in every game during his freshman season in 2020-21. He started 25 of 29 games and averaged 7.7 points and 4.3 rebounds in 21 minutes per game. He saw a drop-off in playing time as a sophomore this season, averaging 3.3 points and 1.9 rebounds in 14.7 minutes per game.

Akwuba is a grad transfer that would have one year. Last season, he played in 25 games with 18 starts. He led the team and tied for second in the Sun Belt with 2.0 blocks per game and also averaged 7.9 rebounds, which ranked second on the Louisiana roster and fourth in the conference. Akwubu averaged 9.1 points per game, ranking third on the team. In 2021, he was the Sun Belt Conference Defensive Player of the Year, Second-Team All-Sun Belt and a Lefty Driesell Defensive All-American.

ā€¢ TU has recently offered two 2022 high school prospects that de-committed from other schools.

Anamekwe received a release from his letter of intent with SMU on Monday, according to the Dallas Morning News. The 3-star prospect was the highest-rated signee in SMUā€™s 2022 class. Anamekwe was a major part of McKinneyā€™s run to the state championship this past season, as the 6-foot-6 wing averaged 10.7 points, 6.6 rebounds, 3 steals and a block per game. During the playoffs, he had two game-winning buzzer-beaters, including a steal and slam in the 6A state semifinals against Austin Westlake. Anamekwe had been offered by the previous Tulsa staff as well.

Lindsay committed to UNLV back in September but reopened his recruitment on April 18. The 4-star prospect held 24 offers prior to picking UNLV, including Tulsa, Tennessee, Arkansas, Georgia, Oklahoma State, TCU, Texas Tech and Texas A&M.

ā€¢ Tulsa has reportedly been in contact with 6-1 point guard Devin Carney, who recently de-committed from Elon. I have not been able to confirm that yet. Since de-committing, he's picked up several new offers.

ā€¢ In our last update, I mentioned Tulsa had reached out to Mississippi State transfer Javian Davis. Davis has committed to UAB.

ā€¢ Tulsa is still working on Keylan Boone (OSU) and Junior Lofton (LA Tech) but it remains a thick competition for both. Lofton seems to be serious about training for the NBA Draft, so no idea what is going to happen there. With Boone, I get a feeling he doesn't want to be super close to home, which obviously would not work in Tulsa's favor. We'll see.

ā€¢ PREVIOUS UPDATES:

4-16-22 Update
4-12-22 Update
4-8-22 Update
3-26-22 Update

Reactions: I.I.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews