ADVERTISEMENT

“Dad Gummit Now What”, TU Just Lost Their New DC. Why? America is all about the bigger better deal.

Oak775

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
May 31, 2020
I.T.S. faithful and unfaithful, our new D.C. is heading to that bastion of football greatness, Indiana. I find that a little disheartening. Yet, the old head ball coach, Kevin Wilson, has a drawer full of, metaphorically speaking, coaches‘ résumé’s. A savvy head football coach has his IPhone contacts handy for “just” this situation.

If this was the one and only time for a ball coach to grab the “bigger better deal” then I’d be just a bit concerned, but remember America’s mantra has and always will be the “bigger better deal”. I could do a stand up Seinfeld monologue on the “bigger better deal”.

Why did OU and Texas leave for the SEC? Bigger better deal.
Why did USC and UCLA move to the Big Ten? Bigger better deal.
Why did Lincoln Riley leave for USC? Bigger better deal.
Why did the colonies break away from Britain? Bigger better deal.
Why did everyone switch to flat screens? Bigger better deal.

Why have so many college football players hit the portal? A bigger better deal. So they think.

Lance Guidry, Tulane’s one month old coordinator? Leaves for Florida. Why? A bigger better deal.

Phones, houses, cars(Oklahoma it’s pickup trucks), schools, TV’s, marriage partners. Loyalty, value, commitment, integrity, honesty, trust, are still things that a lot of solid core value people cherish. When I look at résumé’s for a prospective hire I look at their work history. Are they “constantly“ moving every 1-2 years over a 10 year period, and we all know that the college coaching profession is not for the faint of heart.

There’s an up and coming smaller school defensive coach just chomping at the bit wanting to get to the next level. What do they want? A bigger better deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: GOTULSA
Mario Cristobal, head coach at Miami, is dealing with the departure of not one but two coordinators.

This side of college football, constant coaching change, hits the media and fades out of the news cycle, but a measure of on field success is how a coach deals with constant change and maintaining the team’s culture and core values.

The Saturday game that’s played, more often than not, is a formality. The conclusion is foregone.

This morning’s Tulsa World article on OU leaving for the SEC.

“Why is OU going to the SEC? Money. Why did (Riley) leave? Money.”

“During the 2022 season, Brent Venables’ first OU team finished 6-7 — the program’s first losing season since 1998. The Sooners lost 49-0 to Texas and finished 122nd nationally in total defense.”

Barry Switzer ‘concerned’ about OU football’s move to the SEC

Until corporations show more loyalty to their workforce then the bigger better deal will always happen. Why shouldn't someone leave for an opportunity to better support their family? I think employees honestly need to stop being so damned loyal to companies. Leave every couple years for increased pay. It's your life and I'm personally tired of helping everyone else get rich. It's my turn to get my value, screw the company mindset....with that said......gahhhhhhhh I don't want to lose another coach! He needs to be loyal because this affects my happiness!!!! me me me me!!!! always me!!!!!!

Until corporations show more loyalty to their workforce then the bigger better deal will always happen. Why shouldn't someone leave for an opportunity to better support their family? I think employees honestly need to stop being so damned loyal to companies. Leave every couple years for increased pay. It's your life and I'm personally tired of helping everyone else get rich. It's my turn to get my value, screw the company mindset....with that said......gahhhhhhhh I don't want to lose another coach! He needs to be loyal because this affects my happiness!!!! me me me me!!!! always me!!!!!!
There’s a happy medium. You don’t want to miss opportunity. Yet, you don’t want to be a job hopper.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT