ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven

Speeding and reckless driving. Bad enough. Hope that is all.

I have a feeling that the speeding was probably something that would have normally been filed lower for normal people, but Zaven was a public figure who is expected to be exemplary so they grabbed him. Unexpected from a kid of his character. I wonder what repercussions this will have from the league.

Reactions: TU 1978
My Lord how ridiculous! Yes speeding is dangerous but please…… who gets taken into custody for that??? Small town boy speeding in his new Benz!!!!!…… He will learn how to deal with fame and money. Honestly this is outrageous to me. I have been in law enforcement for 30 years and have never once heard of this….issue a ticket or give a warning and move on.

My Lord how ridiculous! Yes speeding is dangerous but please…… who gets taken into custody for that??? Small town boy speeding in his new Benz!!!!!…… He will learn how to deal with fame and money. Honestly this is outrageous to me. I have been in law enforcement for 30 years and have never once heard of this….issue a ticket or give a warning and move on.
Rumor has it that the cop was a Tulane fan

Sometimes the national news media's disrespect for TU pays off: None of the stories I've seen mention that he played for Tulsa.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
39 over is the reason he got reckless, and arrested. That's a pretty extreme speed. I don't feel sorry for him. That was reckless driving without question. The risk you take if you go that much over.

Wonder if the team would fine him on top of the ticket.(since he was probably not at the team function and was likely speeding to avoid being late) Guess he won't leave that late the next time. That's a tough/expensive/time consuming way to learn that lesson.

Rumor has it that the cop was a Tulane fan

If so, he would have pantsed the cop and got away. More likely an ECU fan who couldn’t complete his dance routine.

I would like to know more facts. There’s a lot of Arizona where there shouldn’t be a speed limit.

Reactions: TULSARISING
Then you should know even in Oklahoma that would get you a reckless driving. I see it all the time as an Underwriter. There isn't a justifiable reason to be going 39mph over the speed limit. I've seen cars get impounded for less here in OK.

Reactions: 4tu2 and HuffyCane
As I posted in another thread. A criminal arrest for excessive speed is common in many states, VA and AZ being notable examples. It happens dozens of times a day in VA along their interstates, mostly to out of state drivers who ignore the clear and unambiguous signage posted at the border and regularly along the highway that you will go to jail if you go over 80 on the interstate. When I drive there, I put the cruise on 75 max to be sure and set my speedometer alarm for 78. You should too.

AZ actually has three levels of jailable offense based on excessive speed. Zaven got popped for the second tier which is essentially going more than 20 over and operating in a negligent way (I don't know, but I would imagine an example would be operating at 20 over in a school zone on a weekday at 3pm but kids aren't present). The lower misdemeanor is just 20 over. The highest tier is 20 over and wanton disregard for human life operation (through a school zone where kids are present, etc.).

By comparison, in Oklahoma, if you are going 20 mph over, the maximum jail time for a first offense is 10 days in the county jail and a fine of $10 plus court costs. Reckless driving in Oklahoma is careless operation of the vehicle and doing so while doing one of two things: either violating the speed limit or operating without regard for the safety of others." You can get 5 to 90 in jail and up to $500 in fines plus the aforementioned vehicle impound. In this respect, the law is potentially less punitive than in AZ. I hope this helps.

This is all alien to me, Florida law specifically says speed alone is not reckless driving and isn't a crime.

This is all part of growing up. He isn't in Oklahoma anymore and he shouldn't assume everything in AZ or Russia or NYC is the same as Hominy. Its a hard and expensive way to learn the lesson. The good news is, at least as I read it, and I could be wrong, while this is technically crime, the record of it will be expunged in one year, even if he is convicted, which he probably won't be.

Last edited:
Then you should know even in Oklahoma that would get you a reckless driving. I see it all the time as an Underwriter. There isn't a justifiable reason to be going 39mph over the speed limit. I've seen cars get impounded for less here in OK.
I once blew past a Jenks cop at 70 in a 40 but, slowed down, pulled over, and waited for him.
He wrote me a ticket for 50 in a 40 since I pulled over and waited for him, LOL.

Less than 2 months ago I got pulled over for 79 in a 45 work zone on the turnpike because I didn’t see the first speed limit decrease sign (I’m convinced there wasn’t one but wasn’t going to argue with the cop). I got a ticket for 1-10 over and not in a work zone, I got lucky.

All that to say, IMO, more details should come out before anyone disparages him.

I once blew past a Jenks cop at 70 in a 40 but, slowed down, pulled over, and waited for him.
He wrote me a ticket for 50 in a 40 since I pulled over and waited for him, LOL.
A Jenks cop who didn’t want to crucify you on a ticket? I don’t believe you. Everyone knows Jenks cops are the worst.

Reactions: StoopsBros
A Jenks cop who didn’t want to crucify you on a ticket? I don’t believe you. Everyone knows Jenks cops are the worst.

I grew up there and was shocked he let me off.
I had a decent reason for speeding and had I not pulled over on my own, I’m not sure he would’ve caught me. I think he knew that, LOL!

This guy is a major hater of Zaven. He has written articles about how Zaven was not a good choice because he isn't P5 and therefore won't be as talented. Then he writes this article saying we should be concerned about his behavior. At least all the comments on his article are calling him out for being a sh*tty writer.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT