ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven

Wow, wow, wow. Didn't have a clue.

That makes his performance all the more amazing.

Little wonders. (Love being able to quote Bowie, appropo to the subject. )

we had THAT many penalties during his tenure and he wasn't a culprit in one of them???

that leaves a whole lot on other shoulders!

There is a lot of talk about Washington picking him up with the 19th overall pick
That defense is loaded and really good. They don't need more defense, they need quality on the OL. If they fixed that they would be the favorite to win the east again this year. They've just started stacking some weapons up at WR to go with McLaurin, they've got solid RBs. They still have a question at QB but the biggest problem was the OL. I'd be shocked if they went defense.

For a while I really thought Zaven could end up in New England although most projections have him going lower. But he fits everything Belichick likes to do and the type of player he likes to do them with. The football IQ, the size, the speed, and the discipline makes him a BB type of favorite. But with bringing Van Noy back, they get Hightower back, and they've added so other pieces to the defense and offense, I really think the Pats are going to do what no one expects them to do in the draft and package picks to move up in the 1st and go after a QB. Bringing Newton back on a 1 yr deal shows no confidence in Stidham and Newton can be that bridge sort of like how the Dolphins used Fitzpatrick this year to get Tua ready.

I think Arizona would be a good spot for Zaven too.

That defense is loaded and really good. They don't need more defense, they need quality on the OL. If they fixed that they would be the favorite to win the east again this year. They've just started stacking some weapons up at WR to go with McLaurin, they've got solid RBs. They still have a question at QB but the biggest problem was the OL. I'd be shocked if they went defense.

For a while I really thought Zaven could end up in New England although most projections have him going lower. But he fits everything Belichick likes to do and the type of player he likes to do them with. The football IQ, the size, the speed, and the discipline makes him a BB type of favorite. But with bringing Van Noy back, they get Hightower back, and they've added so other pieces to the defense and offense, I really think the Pats are going to do what no one expects them to do in the draft and package picks to move up in the 1st and go after a QB. Bringing Newton back on a 1 yr deal shows no confidence in Stidham and Newton can be that bridge sort of like how the Dolphins used Fitzpatrick this year to get Tua ready.

I think Arizona would be a good spot for Zaven too.
You are correct our biggest issue is the left side of our OLine. Our right side is set but that left side is suspect. We do need another LB because of who we lost to free agency. That is why there is a lot of talk about picking a LB at 19. The QB position has questions but we just picked up FitzMagic for 10 mil this year. And signed Heinicke for two years. We still have Kyle Allen as well. The QB position is good for this year as I see it as a pívot year. I say that as depending on how this season goes how they pívot with picks and free agency for the next year. If we pick up a QB it will be in the later rounds.
Arizona doesn’t need a LB though. Denver, Vegas, Washington and Giants are

I think Zaven may go higher than we think, especially if he has a good pro day. We know his interviews, character & football IQ are all A+.

As a Buffalo fan, I was surprised how popular a pick he is on their message boards. However, with them picking 30th & just resigning Matt Milano, I doubt they will get Zaven. I just hope he stays out of the AFC East. Barring injuries, I think he will have a great NFL career.

Zaven ran 4.6 40s weighed 259 bench pressed 19 reps compared to Alabama high draft projection Surtain 18 Reps cornerback maybe he can move into top 10 with today’s numbers. Wow

One of the Steelers sites reports that Zavan has met with the entire Steeler staff, including Head Coach Mike Tomlin and General Manager, Kevin Colbert. This Steeler fan would like to see Zavan in Black and Gold. It has been a number of years since a Tulsa player was with the Steelers.

One of the Steelers sites reports that Zavan has met with the entire Steeler staff, including Head Coach Mike Tomlin and General Manager, Kevin Colbert. This Steeler fan would like to see Zavan in Black and Gold. It has been a number of years since a Tulsa player was with the Steelers.

On twitter someone was trying to down play some of Zaven's numbers.

His measurables were essentially the same as Lawarence Timmons. Zaven is almost four inches taller and was 30lbs heavier.

That's straight beast mode.

So the official 40 was 4.67 although several stop watches had him at 4.56. Quite honestly for LBs they should measure the middle 20 yds. And the 40 yd dash the way they make them line up is not a real football skill. A real football skill would be how fast can a LB go 96 yds for a game winning TD after a pick in OT. There wasn’t a player on the field that was catching him on that play.

By this time, I think there is so much analytics and game film, I have a hard time believing they care so much about a 40. I think it is more for fans.

Reactions: TU_BLA
By this time, I think there is so much analytics and game film, I have a hard time believing they care so much about a 40. I think it is more for fans.
Would tend to agree once you get out of the first two rounds with the big signing bonuses.

So the official 40 was 4.67 although several stop watches had him at 4.56. Quite honestly for LBs they should measure the middle 20 yds. And the 40 yd dash the way they make them line up is not a real football skill. A real football skill would be how fast can a LB go 96 yds for a game winning TD after a pick in OT. There wasn’t a player on the field that was catching him on that play.
It's amazing when you look at that Int return just how fast Zaven was in his first 20 yards after catching the ball. Like he was shot out of a cannon.

Or when you look at his closing speed, the safety at UCF was unbelievable.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT