ADVERTISEMENT

Zaven Collins is poised for great things at TU

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
As one of the most talented defenders to play for TU in a long time, it is hard to believe that Zaven Collins was virtually ignored by almost everybody in the recruiting process.

Despite that glaring omission, Collins, a 6-foot-4, 256-pound sophomore linebacker for Tulsa, made quite an impact in his redshirt freshman season, and is poised to become a menace for opposing teams for the next three years.

LINK: Collins a key to resurgence of TU defense

As one of the most talented defenders to play for TU in a long time, it is hard to believe that Zaven Collins was virtually ignored by almost everybody in the recruiting process.

Despite that glaring omission, Collins, a 6-foot-4, 256-pound sophomore linebacker for Tulsa, made quite an impact in his redshirt freshman season, and is poised to become a menace for opposing teams for the next three years.

LINK: Collins a key to resurgence of TU defense

That was a really good, in-depth article. Collins is a special talent and should be a key in how our season goes. I can’t wait to watch him and the rest of the defense. I hope the offense can do their part and make this a winning season.

Thanks Larry. Sounds like you need to play a round or two with him, if you haven’t already.

That would be fun, although humbling. He could drive it 50 yards past me. Although I do shoot in the 70's still, most of the time.

Reactions: Chris Harmon
And to think he was buried on the depth chart last year because he was a RS FR and only really got to play because the guy in front of him got injured. It makes you wonder how many other younger guys on the team might be better than the starter but aren't getting the starting nod or more snaps because they're younger.

Reactions: TulsaFan2000
That was a really good, in-depth article. Collins is a special talent and should be a key in how our season goes. I can’t wait to watch him and the rest of the defense. I hope the offense can do their part and make this a winning season.

Thanks Larry. Sounds like you need to play a round or two with him, if you haven’t already.
OU and OSU had no clue about Zaven, luckily TU saw a diamond in the rough . Proves once again that “ The Star Rating System” doesn’t measure a kid’s heart , determination and work ethic. Zaven could be the best linebacker among the state colleges.

OU and OSU had no clue about Zaven, luckily TU saw a diamond in the rough . Proves once again that “ The Star Rating System” doesn’t measure a kid’s heart , determination and work ethic. Zaven could be the best linebacker among the state colleges.
I have no doubt he'd be starting at OU, OSU, and/or Arkansas and he'd be a freaking star.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
The funny thing is the board was really high on him as a recruit. If given a choice between who was likely going to succeed in that recruiting class, I would say he would have won the poll on this board. The fact that it was obvious to us just makes me shake my head. Upper level program's coaches are so boneheaded about it. Thank god for us.

The funny thing is the board was really high on him as a recruit. If given a choice between who was likely going to succeed in that recruiting class, I would say he would have won the poll on this board. The fact that it was obvious to us just makes me shake my head. Upper level program's coaches are so boneheaded about it. Thank god for us.
Yeah,

It really wasn't hard to see. He had size, speed, and smarts.... As a linebacker that's all you need.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT