ADVERTISEMENT

Wuhan

Long but worth the read.

It certainly makes me believe that there has to be greater global mandatory cooperation and disclosure about practices and methods used at transmissible illness research labs... whether or not the virus did or did not come from the labs, we still need to nail down better accountability and safety measures to be used in ultra-high-risk facilities and it needs to be disclosed to all nations across the globe. This is the kind of thing that there needs to be international sanctions over.

Ironically there was some mention that Trump’s trade war hindered our access to the facility at a time when it could have been most crucial.

Reactions: Gold* and 04Watu
It certainly makes me believe that there has to be greater global mandatory cooperation and disclosure about practices and methods used at transmissible illness research labs... whether or not the virus did or did not come from the labs, we still need to nail down better accountability and safety measures to be used in ultra-high-risk facilities and it needs to be disclosed to all nations across the globe. This is the kind of thing that there needs to be international sanctions over.

Ironically there was some mention that Trump’s trade war hindered our access to the facility at a time when it could have been most crucial.
Lol 😂 I agree with everything before you typed the words ironically! Did you not see the recent statements made by the WHO complain about China hindering their access to Wuhan? You can’t be serious when you write the Trade war hindered the US Access. Please tell me this was a joke!

Lol 😂 I agree with everything before you typed the words ironically! Did you not see the recent statements made by the WHO complain about China hindering their access to Wuhan? You can’t be serious when you write the Trade war hindered the US Access. Please tell me this was a joke!
It was in the article posted by Huffy. I'm just responding to it.

Read this early this morning. It’s interesting. Rogin isn’t a quack. China owns so much of our debt, perhaps we change the news for them?

Reactions: shon46
I follow a lot of unclass and open source material put out by the intelligence community and the people that used to work in that arena. Nearly all of them are hawkish and civilian and served in Democratic administrations. What Trump referred to as the Deep State.

Linked below is a very interesting podcast released this week hosted by Michael Morrell, who was acting CIA Director under Obama and was odds on favorite to be the Director for Biden but didn’t get it. He has a guest on who is the epitome of apolitical nerd scientist.

If you’ve ever distrusted the official CCP account that the virus crossed over from bats, but your center-left voting habits preventing you from adopting the Trump Administrations releases on Chinese involvement, this is a must listen. It’s about 40 minutes. If you listen with an open mind and still believe it’s an open and shut case that this thing came from bats because American scientists with a bunch of Chinese ties say so on the news, well, I pray for you.

The pod is about as apolitical and foreign threat oriented as you can get from true professionals.

Interesting revelations I did not know that might explain Democratic insistence that it was bats from 1000 miles away in a wet market next to a virus experiment lab that really caused CoVid:

1. The Obama Administration authorized grants for research in this area. Then prohibited certain types of testing that presented unreasonable risks. However the grants had already been given, so the academics partnered with China where the funds could be spent using the methods prohibited in the USA ... in Wuhan.

2. The Independent Commission put together by the WHO to investigate this matter is independent of the WHO, but works in partnership with the Chinese Government, who refuses to investigate several potential causes including accidental leak, but will investigate possible release from imported American frozen food. So it’s not really independent.

Anyhoo, it’s a good listen, if for no other reason than it forecasts a coming schism in the official narrative from the American left how this happened. Six months ago, anybody on this board saying it wasn’t from animals was called a nut. Now that Trump is out of office and no longer a threat to start a trade war or actual war, there appears to be a segment of the Democratic Party actually interested in the truth about how 3 million people died.

The pod is weekly and also available on iTunes. It is highly entertaining and enlightening as you form your own conclusions.

I follow a lot of unclass and open source material put out by the intelligence community and the people that used to work in that arena. Nearly all of them are hawkish and civilian and served in Democratic administrations. What Trump referred to as the Deep State.

Linked below is a very interesting podcast released this week hosted by Michael Morrell, who was acting CIA Director under Obama and was odds on favorite to be the Director for Biden but didn’t get it. He has a guest on who is the epitome of apolitical nerd scientist.

If you’ve ever distrusted the official CCP account that the virus crossed over from bats, but your center-left voting habits preventing you from adopting the Trump Administrations releases on Chinese involvement, this is a must listen. It’s about 40 minutes. If you listen with an open mind and still believe it’s an open and shut case that this thing came from bats because American scientists with a bunch of Chinese ties say so on the news, well, I pray for you.

The pod is about as apolitical and foreign threat oriented as you can get from true professionals.

Interesting revelations I did not know that might explain Democratic insistence that it was bats from 1000 miles away in a wet market next to a virus experiment lab that really caused CoVid:

1. The Obama Administration authorized grants for research in this area. Then prohibited certain types of testing that presented unreasonable risks. However the grants had already been given, so the academics partnered with China where the funds could be spent using the methods prohibited in the USA ... in Wuhan.

2. The Independent Commission put together by the WHO to investigate this matter is independent of the WHO, but works in partnership with the Chinese Government, who refuses to investigate several potential causes including accidental leak, but will investigate possible release from imported American frozen food. So it’s not really independent.

Anyhoo, it’s a good listen, if for no other reason than it forecasts a coming schism in the official narrative from the American left how this happened. Six months ago, anybody on this board saying it wasn’t from animals was called a nut. Now that Trump is out of office and no longer a threat to start a trade war or actual war, there appears to be a segment of the Democratic Party actually interested in the truth about how 3 million people died.

The pod is weekly and also available on iTunes. It is highly entertaining and enlightening as you form your own conclusions.

Thanks for sharing. I have been preaching this from day one here. Hopefully hearing it from someone else will wake those who are still asleep up.

Last edited:
Again, long, and a little too technical, but this NY Times writer blogging in his individual capacity is part of a growing cadre of journalists finally asking questions. Let’s hope we get answers and not partisan drivel.

Thanks. Same guy in the podcast I mentioned above a while back. Good to see msm coming around. Saying things some of us have said from the git go and got called nuts.

Reactions: shon46
Thanks. Same guy in the podcast I mentioned above a while back. Good to see msm coming around. Saying things some of us have said from the git go and got called nuts.
Actually this is a couple of weeks old. I just saw it as I was cleaning out recorded series on my DVR. I've also seen Fauci agreeing that we need to get to the bottom of it. The world does need to find out where the virus came from if we are to know what we are dealing with.

Last edited:
As the POT of trying to move past false election claims and the events of Jan 6, Xi is moving on past Wuhan and Uighers to pitch his view of a harmonious, multilateral world with China as a major (if not the major) player. This may not sell in the US or EU, but to rest of the world it is likely more attractive than what Trump was pushing the last 4 years.

As the POT of trying to move past false election claims and the events of Jan 6, Xi is moving on past Wuhan and Uighers to pitch his view of a harmonious, multilateral world with China as a major (if not the major) player. This may not sell in the US or EU, but to rest of the world it is likely more attractive than what Trump was pushing the last 4 years.

China is only interested in being the only player.

China is only interested in being the only player.
And the US isn't? Anyway that's not really the point. It's how it plays for the other countries allegiances. Trump basically told everyone that they were better off if they just looked out for themselves and went out of his way to piss our allies off. OTOH China is building bridges (and ports and roads) to other countries to tie them in.

This is not about liking or hating China, but rather about competitive analysis. China has a long term strategy; while the US is now so tied up in internal (eternal?) political divisiveness that long term planning is one election cycle...and that's if anything gets done at all.

And the US isn't? Anyway that's not really the point. It's how it plays for the other countries allegiances. Trump basically told everyone that they were better off if they just looked out for themselves and went out of his way to piss our allies off. OTOH China is building bridges (and ports and roads) to other countries to tie them in.

This is not about liking or hating China, but rather about competitive analysis. China has a long term strategy; while the US is now so tied up in internal (eternal?) political divisiveness that long term planning is one election cycle...and that's if anything gets done at all.
China and other globalist spent the last 50 yrs ensuring we were in this position of internal strife. Governments of the world hate us because our constitution allows our people to be free and it inspires people all over the globe to reject their dictatorship and pursue freedom. We are the thorn in the side of worldwide Dictatorship and kingship. While the rest of the worlds systems are set up to be ruled by bloodlines, our system elects it’s leaders. This is a direct threat to the survival of those dictatorships. We have no friends! We never did. That’s why it was and forever has to be America first!

Last edited:
Reactions: wilsoncc

“Now tied up”? I would argue our leaders have governed based on 4 year political cycles for years. It’s our greatest downfall and one reason we see trillions in debt, bad trade deals, etc. Hell...we currently have a proposal on the table which would rise corporate and investment tax rates to some of the highest in the world. To hell with global competitiveness. Why....4 year election cycles.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Here’s one from The Atlantic.

Cliff Notes: “Gee, why did me and my media friends reflexively dismiss the lab leak theory just because the Bad Orange Man said it’s true. Sure looks like there’s no evidence proving or disproving what we said was immutable truth. Sorry for calling a bunch of people nuts, but we were wrong not because we were wrong but because Bad Orange Man said something and we just had disagree. Besides reporters don’t really understand what scientists say.”

Let's hope we can get to the point where science can tell us the answer.

Agreed we don’t have access needed, but that is not a conclusion based on science. There’s still a body of qualified scientists who see an animal transmission as equally or more likely. China isn’t doing itself any favors, but they distrust the US as much as we distrust them.

Last edited:
Agreed we don’t have access needed, but that is not a conclusion based on science. There’s still a body of qualified scientists who see an animal transmission as equally or more likely. China isn’t doing itself any favors, but they distrust the US as much as we distrust them.
Let’s subtract the number of qualified scientists who have substantial professional ties with China, have been paid or promised money from China or depend upon grants from Democrat party administrations to conduct their research before we depend upon their judgment. Eisenhower warned of two things: the military industrial complex and the academic research government funding complex.

Let’s subtract the number of qualified scientists who have substantial professional ties with China, have been paid or promised money from China or depend upon grants from Democrat party administrations to conduct their research before we depend upon their judgment.
Great. Happy to review your presentation.

looking more and more like trump was right on the source. where are the apologize from dems and msm for getting it wrong?

Ironic the same people who have criticized Trump for the past 18 months for not acting sooner in the virus threat still go out of their way to support Fauci. You know…the actual expert who should have understood the magnitude of the threat early on. Gotta love partisan glasses.

Ironic the same people who have criticized Trump for the past 18 months for not acting sooner in the virus threat still go out of their way to support Fauci. You know…the actual expert who should have understood the magnitude of the threat early on. Gotta love partisan glasses.
FTFY... Criticized trump for knowingly lying continually even against the advice of men like Fauci.

FTFY... Criticized trump for knowingly lying continually even against the advice of men like Fauci.

The emails made Fauci’s opinion at least early on quite clear…..and dead wrong. Has he ever given an explanation as to why our country’s leading pandemic expert had no clue as to this coming pandemic ? Why was he kept on after given wrong advice on the pandemic ?

Reactions: HuffyCane
The emails made Fauci’s opinion at least early on quite clear…..and dead wrong. Has he ever given an explanation as to why our country’s leading pandemic expert had no clue as to this coming pandemic ? Why was he kept on after given wrong advice on the pandemic ?
I’m willing to forgive his early silence. We do not know, but it’s likely true, whether the details of the pandemic in China were classified early on to conceal sources and gathering methods. If so, people with his clearances cannot comment publicly on the topic, even if the topic or the specifics is being discussed in open source media. By analogy, if I work at TU and I know that the football coach has a drinking problem. And I’m told that’s classified, I can’t comment on that publicly even if the coach gets a DUI and confesses in open court to having a drinking problem. I’ve got to wait until the agency that originally classified the information to declass it. Then I can go on KOTV and talk about it. I’m sure that slowed Fauci down. In hindsight he should have stayed off camera all along. The first rule of government service if first say no wrong on TV. And he guessed. A lot. And he reversed himself. A lot. And he went along with the emergency management and public health people who thought the public needed to be engaged and manipulated, even if the effort was meaningless, to keep them pacified. That crap about washing your hands was malpractice and it put people at risk.

Now, whether he should have been talking about these topics on unclass email, that’s a different topic we haven’t explored at all. And probably should.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gmoney4WW
Wrong advice is not the problem. Giving wrong advice that you know is wrong or have been informed is wrong via expert research, is the problem. Suggesting random snake oil cures is the problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT