ADVERTISEMENT

WTH is going on with Presidents and classified docs?

I can't believe this didn't cross Biden's mind when the hulaballoo about trump happened. You would think he would quietly clean up the few messes he had out there.

Agree. How are Presidents or V Presidents carrying out classified material and then casually keeping it in their closets, garages, etc…? Bizarre.
They should have a stipulation for temporary storage, that it must be put in a safe shortly after you are finished looking at it. (With an advisory about which safes meet the requirements.)

If I had to wager a guess, what’s going on is that this has been going on for decades and nobody cared. Until… Orange man bad.

Now Democrats and the media have painted themselves into a corner a little bit. But don’t worry, I’m sure the paint thinner is on the way!

Reactions: HuffyCane
If I had to wager a guess, what’s going on is that this has been going on for decades and nobody cared. Until… Orange man bad.

Now Democrats and the media have painted themselves into a corner a little bit. But don’t worry, I’m sure the paint thinner is on the way!
Your first sentence is probably correct.

But the situation is a bit different. Trump had over 300 classified documents(over 700 pgs) that he was requested numerous times to return, and kept for reasons of possessiveness and or utilitarian reasons that were improper. And his lawyers never even attempted to hand them over. He handed over a very few documents, probably hoping they would forget about the rest, over time. I don't think he cared if they forgot about it though.

Lawyers for Biden found a lot less(maybe 25 documents) and proceeded to hand them over voluntarily to the justice dept, without being requested to do so. Yes the lines are narrow, but it is not the same situation.

Reactions: astonmartin708
Not a good look.

But his were locked up, without easy access from the numerous people at maralago.

I don't think he has had many or any guests at his home in Delaware, when he or his wife weren't there. And those guests were probably only a few at a time. It wasn't a public place available to anybody who paid membership to the club and/or were their guests. Doesn't excuse it, but once again, not the same situation. I doubt there were any Russian spies on the premises. The same cannot be said of maralago.

Not a good look.

But his were locked up, without easy access from the numerous people at maralago.

I don't think he has had many or any guests at his home in Delaware, when he or his wife weren't there. And those guests were probably only a few at a time. It wasn't a public place available to anybody who paid membership to the club and/or were their guests. Doesn't excuse it, but once again, not the same situation. I doubt there were any Russian spies on the premises. The same cannot be said of maralago.
Some were in his garage among other places. No chance that is secure or the garage door wasn’t left open at times. Not sure how one makes that statement WHILE having classified docs next to your corvette.

Last edited:
Some were in his garage among other places. No chance that is secure or the garage door wasn’t left open at times. Not sure how one makes that statement WHILE having classified docs next to your corvette or in your desk
You don't think he kept his corvette secure? (That was only one document iirc.) The others were in his two offices.

You don't think he kept his corvette secure? (That was only one document iirc.) The others were in his two offices.
No chance. Don’t know anyone whose garage isn’t occasionally open. Another question, did Hunter have access to the garage or those two offices. Wouldn’t be near as big of deal if he didn’t pose the question “how could anyone be so irresponsible”. Dude had no clue where he was putting classified material

This by no means lets Trump off the hook or diminishes his culpability btw

A person’s garage or any personal residence is not secure. Trump, Hillary, and Biden have all three handled classified info in a way that would have your average PFC facing an “Other than Honorable” discharge and the possibility of either Leavenworth or never working for the government in any capacity again.

Reactions: HuffyCane
No chance. Don’t know anyone whose garage isn’t occasionally open. Another question, did Hunter have access to the garage or those two offices.
People around Presidents, Vice Presidents, Senators, Representatives, Generals, etc, all have family members close by, when they are reviewing documents at their residences out of necessity. Are you going to question all the family members of all of those officials.

A person’s garage or any personal residence is not secure. Trump, Hillary, and Biden have all three handled classified info in a way that would have your average PFC facing an “Other than Honorable” discharge and the possibility of either Leavenworth or never working for the government in any capacity again.
True, but I think high officials of the government are not treated the same, out of necessity. If it were a General, I would tend to believe he would be given more latitude.

They hopefully will beef up intelligence handling over this. The problem is this muddies the waters for what should be done with Trump. His situation is different, but will probably be handled closer to how Biden is handled.

People around Presidents, Vice Presidents, Senators, Representatives, Generals, etc, all have family members close by, when they are reviewing documents at their residences out of necessity. Are you going to question all the family members of all of those officials.
If said family members have a checkered past and unsupervised access to classified materials you’re damn right I would be concerned.

If said family members have a checkered past and unsupervised access to classified materials you’re damn right I would be concerned.

So if Clarence Thomas had classified documents in his office or at home,(for a case) would you be concerned?

True, but I think high officials of the government are not treated the same, out of necessity. If it were a General, I would tend to believe he would be given more latitude.

And that’s a problem.

So if Clarence Thomas had classified documents in his office or at home,(for a case) would you be concerned?
If Clarence Thomas had classified documents in his garage I would be very concerned regardless of his spouse. If Clarence had a coked out family member with questionable overseas dealings the concern would be even heightened.

I would hope elected officials are treated with similar scrutiny for the storage of classified material as member of our armed forces. Careless is careless. Blatant irresponsibility is blatant irresponsibly.

Last edited:
And that’s a problem.
To a certain extent I agree with you. But on the other hand, an appointed, ranked, or elected official has higher responsibilities, and must be entrusted to handle things of this nature in an appropriate way. That doesn't always happen that way, these cases in point.

If Clarence Thomas had classified documents in his garage I would be very concerned regardless of his spouse. If Clarence had a coked out family member with questionable overseas dealings the concern would be even heightened.

I would hope elected officials be treated with similar scrutiny for the storage of classified material as member of our armed forces. Careless is careless. Blatant irresponsibility is blatant irresponsibly.
I disagree with you on the risk of Ginny Thomas being lesser than Hunter Biden.

To a certain extent I agree with you. But on the other hand, an appointed, ranked, or elected official has higher responsibilities, and must be entrusted to handle things of this nature in an appropriate way. That doesn't always happen that way, these cases in point.

This is the exact opposite of the way I look at it. The more important your role the more important it is for you to follow the law, and the more important it is for you to be punished when you don’t. If SPC Redskin stores maps of his platoon’s AO in his gmail account that’s a problem. If General Patraeus is storing TS/SCI documents in his desk drawer at home and sharing them with his mistress that’s a much bigger problem.

I disagree with you on the risk of Ginny Thomas being lesser than Hunter Biden.
When GT becomes a coke head, bangs hookers, and deals with foreign entities, then we can talk. GT is simply bat sh*t nuts but to my knowledge has no relationships with drug dealers, prostitutes or shady foreign players. All of which make Hunter a prime target for criminal actors

This is the exact opposite of the way I look at it. The more important your role the more important it is for you to follow the law, and the more important it is for you to be punished when you don’t. If SPC Redskin stores maps of his platoon’s AO in his gmail account that’s a problem. If General Patraeus is storing TS/SCI documents in his desk drawer at home and sharing them with his mistress that’s a much bigger problem.
I was comparing similar problems to similar problems. An officer with special clearance taking a document home with him, versus a General taking it home. There isn't any evidence of them intentionally sharing it with someone without classified clearance, like a mistress. That would be a different story.

I was comparing similar problems to similar problems. An officer with special clearance taking a document home with him, versus a General taking it home. There isn't any evidence of them intentionally sharing it with someone without classified clearance, like a mistress. That would be a different story.

Ok I guess my mistake for adding that. If General Patraeus is storing that :crap: in his home office it’s still a much bigger problem.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
When GT becomes a coke head, bangs hookers, and deals with foreign entities, then we can talk. GT is simply bat sh*t nuts but to my knowledge has no relationships with drug dealers, prostitutes or shady foreign players. All of which make Hunter a prime target for criminal actors
You must not have read any of the material out there about her being easily influenced and associating with cult like figures in her past. She was a member of a cult self help group. She would strip down naked in front of others who would then berate her. There is a lot more to her story, but you would have to read about it. She shows similar tendencies in her acceptance of QAnon conspiracy theories.

The paint thinner is coming on strong on this thread!!
I'm more concerned with those who want to thicken the paint, such that the two situations appear to be the same, when they are not.

It would be nice if these situations happened separately in time, and were dealt with separately, without one influencing the other.

You must not have read any of the material out there about her being easily influenced and associating with cult like figures in her past. She was a member of a cult self help group. She would strip down naked in front of others who would then berate her. There is a lot more to her story, but you would have to read about it. She shows similar tendencies in her acceptance of QAnon conspiracy theories.
Know little about her other than she’s bat sh*t nuts. Hopefully Clarence isn’t keeping classified info in their garage. I will still lean toward a coked up guy banging hookers with extensive contacts with foreign officials as a greater risk.
Illegal drugs, prostitutes and an extensive network of high level foreign actors is a bad combo.

Is it accurate classified docs attributed to Biden were also found in a closet at the University of Penn?

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Know little about her other than she’s bat sh*t nuts. Hopefully Clarence isn’t keeping classified info in their garage. I will still lean toward a coked up guy banging hookers with extensive contacts with foreign officials as a greater risk.
Illegal drugs, prostitutes and an extensive network of high level foreign actors is a bad combo.

Is it accurate classified docs attributed to Biden were also found in a closet at the University of Penn?
I would be equally worried over the two of them. I wouldn't discount the network of associates Ginny has.

That was the first location they were found in. It was his locked private office at a research lab associated with the University of Penn. He had meetings there as part of a think tank, and yes they were in the closet of his locked office. I don't believe this research lab was on campus, but I could be wrong. The second was his office in his Delaware home, and 1 document in the garage.

It has been going on for many decades. And is reported on under each president but most Americans don’t typically care.

Trump’s situation received so much attention because of the number of documents he had, his lack of cooperation, and how it was handled (in terms of raiding Mar-lag-o).

That all aside, it is time for Congress to take this more seriously.

It has been going on for many decades. And is reported on under each president but most Americans don’t typically care.

Trump’s situation received so much attention because of the number of documents he had, his lack of cooperation, and how it was handled (in terms of raiding Mar-lag-o).

That all aside, it is time for Congress to take this more seriously.
I can't imagine the number of classified documents uncovered at Mar a lago, has ever been in one place at one time, other than the White House. It seems like he squirreled them away over his entire presidency. There were something like 370 of them.

Last edited:
Becoming apparent there’s a problem with the custody and security of classified docs

These are strict liability crimes, not withstanding James Comey writing an intent requirement into the law for Hillary Clinton.

It doesn’t matter how many or where they are stored. That’s a dodge to either distract you from the culpability of the President or manipulate you into rejecting Donald Trump.

The point is two things: First no matter where they were stored, they were moved there in an unclass manner so all this BS about a garage vs a resort is a joke. The smoke is out of the bottle as far as op sec is concerned. Second, those doing the moving weren’t cleared to move them. And none of the facilities meet federal SCIF standards. He caused all of that by tolerating an office environment where classified documents were allowed to be brought into an unclassed area AND unclassed documents were filed in such a way there was no vetting for classed before the storage area was shut. This is kid’s stuff folks. Clown show.

The Biden people are trying to blame that on careless staff members, but only certain people have access to class materials and in segregated settings. Someone would have to enter into a protected or even vaulted room and go through a particular set of protocols, then remove them from that facility. His secretary and most aides can’t do that and those that can know they will go to prison for bringing them out. If you ever dealt with this arena, it’s more likely than not that he went into a SCIF, brought those docs out and mingled them with unclass documents. Regardless of intent or severity of the breach, the nature of the crime is such that the mere act of doing this is an offense that requires prison. So ignore all this about his aide packing stuff up without his knowledge. He had knowledge before that document went into his office and if aides did that without his knowledge that’s just as bad. He just didn’t think he would get caught or it would be a problem so he didn’t take the time to protect the national security interests of the United States.

Have you heard their excuse for this? He spent the last four days of his Vice Presidency in Ukraine and China. What could he possibly have been doing that merited in person communications that can’t be monitored with so little time to go? That’s a mess and deserves hearings alone.

Finally, if there’s a problem here in a broad sense. It’s that the federal government has gotten into the habit of classifying information for political purposes to make it exempt from public records requests. That needs some Congressional review and possible reform. If Sleepy Joe has an excuse, I’d bet that’s it. These documents aren’t necessarily sensitive in terms of exposure of secrets to our enemies. He would have been careful with those. He was careless with these because he knew their contents and they posed no threat to national security only his political interests.

99.9% of politicians in Congress, Senate, VP and President do illegal things during their time in office. Doesn't matter which party.
Don't trust any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT