ADVERTISEMENT

Worst Bad Movie?

10,000 BC.
I had no idea this film existed. I thought you were talking about the Racquel Welch picture, which isn’t anywhere close to a bad film for obvious reasons. I’m gonna have to check this one out.

I had no idea this film existed. I thought you were talking about the Racquel Welch picture, which isn’t anywhere close to a bad film for obvious reasons. I’m gonna have to check this one out.
The CGI on One Million Years BC was really spectacular. The Budget!!!

For you men of a certain age, Amazon prime suddenly added dozens of late 70’s through mid 80’s teen *cough* “coming of age” films.

Porky’s (and the sequels)

Zappped!

Meatballs

Gas Pump Girls

Screwballs

Last Resort

Not really my cup of tea, then or now, but it’s interesting to watch them to see how our culture has changed in the last 40 years.

Street Fighter. Van Damme in his prime
I second this and if you’re ever bored you should read about how this movie barely managed to get made. Predominantly because they cast bad actors who also didn’t know how to fight and JCVD’s severe cocaine habit.

I came to add the move The Beach.

My favorite Seagal movies are Under Siege and the follow up Dark Territory.

Postman is so epically turrible. I love it. It’s the Shawshank of bad movies. You drop what you are doing if it’s on. The Tom Petty cameo kills me every time.

Starship Troopers is another favorite. I sad it in the theaters 20 times when it was out in 1998. There is so much silliness in it. The scene with the knife is just so freaking great.

I haven’t found it for some time, but Anthony Bourdain used to talk about Roadhouse in similar terms.
I loved starship troopers. It is so campy it’s great.

Reactions: Gold*
I second this and if you’re ever bored you should read about how this movie barely managed to get made. Predominantly because they cast bad actors who also didn’t know how to fight and JCVD’s severe cocaine habit.

I came to add the move The Beach.

I guess that explains his infamous bloodsport scene

giphy.gif

It’s hard to believe he was the highest paid actor in the world for like four years and a half dozen films or some such nonsense

Reactions: cmullinsTU
Our place in NM is where they filmed the original Red Dawn (and several other films, notably No Country for Old Men). Patrick Swayze owned a place on the road to our’s and a lot of the scenes with the Wolverines camping in the woods are in between the two.

Our place in NM is where they filmed the original Red Dawn (and several other films, notably No Country for Old Men). Patrick Swayze owned a place on the road to our’s and a lot of the scenes with the Wolverines camping in the woods are in between the two.
There’s a website that has screen shots of all the locations of NCFOM around Truth or Consequences. I was surprised to learn they actually shot the cramped bathroom scene where Llewelyn sprays Bactine on his feet and changes socks in the actual tiny bathroom of that Western store where he buys boots. You would think that would be done later on a soundstage.

Ive always planned to stop in there if I am ever nearby and ask them how many people come in and ask for a pair of Mahan shoulder size 11s. I’ve always had a soft spot for that movie. It is so so good, but that’s the exact pair of boots I wore growing up. I about fell out of my chair when he says that’s what he wears.

Reactions: Gold*
BTW, if you can arrange for Lea Thompson to go camping on your land with LEC, you and I, I’ll ask for a hall pass.

Reactions: TU_BLA and Gold*
There’s a website that has screen shots of all the locations of NCFOM around Truth or Consequences. I was surprised to learn they actually shot the cramped bathroom scene where Llewelyn sprays Bactine on his feet and changes socks in the actual tiny bathroom of that Western store where he buys boots. You would think that would be done later on a soundstage.

Ive always planned to stop in there if I am ever nearby and ask them how many people come in and ask for a pair of Mahan shoulder size 11s. I’ve always had a soft spot for that movie. It is so so good, but that’s the exact pair of boots I wore growing up. I about fell out of my chair when he says that’s what he wears.

I’m talking about Las Vegas, NM, which is quite a ways away. The Plaza hotel is where the shootout with Chighurh happens. I watched us lose to ECU in the bar there one afternoon when this unknown play caller named Lincoln Riley made a last second play call against us for the win. Some Tech fans gave us crap. Strangely, Riley gets little credit for late game decision making, but we lost that one and would have had a much higher ranking had we not.

The border crossing is the bridge you take to go to Tucamcari. The car wreck scene is in this area with really old Victorian style homes. The store is just somewhere in downtown. There are actually two downtowns there, which is typically nuts for that ar

I’m pretty sure the opening scenes are off the road you take from Tucamcari to get there. There are bunch of mountains to the north and they just didn’t turn the camera to them.

It’s one of my favorite movies. I immediately bought the book during the ice storm in 2006, trying to understand the ending. I’ve done some reading on what McCarthy intended by Chigruh and it’s fascinating bit light on detail.

There is still a “Welcome to Calumet” in downtown Las Vegas leftover from Red Dawn.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Looked it up. I wrong, opening sequence was shot in Marfa, TX and most everything else was up in Las Vegas, NM. The gas station is apparently in an old RV park. There are several out that way that I could have mistaken it for. And I swear, the area they shot the opening scenes in is this funky area we drive through every year. Even the picture this guy took are I almost identical to areas you have to drive through.

True story, the Scientologists have built a runway out that way for when L Ron comes back on his spaceship. They also have some sort of vault for historic artifacts that likely have the same value as LDS archeological finds in Central America. I have thought about going to see this, but the thought of a good burrito and mountain air always prevails.

My family has so many amazing stories about this area. Here’s a classic: we would go up there in Boy Scouts from time to time. One year, we were supposed to be taking the fishing merit badge. The boys had learned that the stream (they call it a river up there) was going to be stocked with fresh trout by the forest service. There was also a bunch of random road construction going on on a mostly gravel road.

Anyway, a couple of boys see a large white truck with water in it and ask if they can fish out of the top of it, where there is an opening. They spent most of the day on top of the truck, thinking they would catch the most fish. This was strange because this fish truck never moved. Every so often driver would ask the boys if they had caught anything. To their surprise, they hadn’t.

That’s because it was a water truck for the road project.

Here’s another nugget: McArthy lives in Santa Fe these days. He does some work for a rather fantastical organization that does not seem all that different than the one explored in the Institute.

Amen. Coming back for Cobra Kai. Hasn’t aged since Leaving Las Vegas.
Is she? Season 3? She has a brief appearance at the beginning of Greyhound (Tom Hanks, WWII movie about the troop and supply ships crossing the Atlantic; not a bad movie...it’s on Apple TV)

Is she? Season 3? She has a brief appearance at the beginning of Greyhound (Tom Hanks, WWII movie about the troop and supply ships crossing the Atlantic; not a bad movie...it’s on Apple TV)
Yeah. It’s on Netflix. Season 3 started today I think. I haven’t seen it, but she’s in a couple of episodes.

Yeah. It’s on Netflix. Season 3 started today I think. I haven’t seen it, but she’s in a couple of episodes.
I've only made it through season 1 and 2 of Cobra Kai because it's on Netflix. I wasn't aware that season 3 was available yet.

For you men of a certain age, Amazon prime suddenly added dozens of late 70’s through mid 80’s teen *cough* “coming of age” films.

Porky’s (and the sequels)

Zappped!

Meatballs

Zapped was awesome b/c Willie Ames was in it. Meatballs ... not a year goes by that I don't scream "IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!"

In the same vein, I sure liked "Up The Creek" b/c Eric Stratton was in it IIRC.

I started watching Goliath on Amazon. It’s like a Buckaroo Bonzai meets LA law meets Ozark. Billy Bob Thornton. It’s terrible and alsome. It’s the TU football 2020 of television shows.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT