ADVERTISEMENT

World Cup Thread

It’s always about Eric. His insight is solid gold but he’s always the story. Drives me crazy.

Any highlights? I am on a conference call and cannot launch video (but can divide attention as you can tell).
Basically he mischaracterized an interaction he had with his dad who is a former teammate and intimated on the air that Claudio told him Berhalter asked gio to lie to the media about the injury rather than say it was discipline or a coaches decision. He backtracks from that on this clip because the media pool asked Gregg about it and he basically responded “are you effing crazy?”

Reactions: drboobay
Big change....Zimmerman out and Cameron Carter Vickers getting the start with Ream at the CB positions. Sargent up top. LFG!!!!

Just in the 1st 4 minutes, the US has a HUGE speed advantage over Iran who have predictably parked the bus

We’re killing the possession game but just like American football TOP means nothing if you don’t score and despite some good chances we’re not finishing.

We’re killing the possession game but just like American football TOP means nothing if you don’t score and despite some good chances we’re not finishing.
No clean looks just yet. I wish McKennie would just unload on the shot from the top of the box. They're giving that space to pack the box and prevent the deep crosses...there is space at the top and we keep trying to get it closer and closer. Fire the shot, keep it low and play for the spill and deflection

I will say, Pulisic looks like he is playing tight. First touch has been so so, passing so so, just everything has been so so from him where Weah, Sargent, Dest, McKennie look like they're playing loose and urgent. Pulisic looks like he is trying to shoulder all the weight and he doesn't need to...we are clearly the more talented and athletic team.

Reactions: drboobay
When my son was 5 the first thing they taught him was when kicking the ball toward the goal was head down over the ball. These guys need to go back to peewee soccer. Head down instead of leaning back and we might be up 3-0 by now.

When my son was 5 the first thing they taught him was when kicking the ball toward the goal was head down over the ball. These guys need to go back to peewee soccer. Head down instead of leaning back and we might be up 3-0 by now.
Eh, it's actually just getting your weight over the ball vs leaning back. More getting the knee over the ball and strike through with the laces

Now we'll see if Iran comes out which should open a ton of space up for the US. Pulisic looks seriously injured though so that's not good

I just looked back and I don’t see a yellow for him against Wales or England. I think he’s good.
I might be thinking the one McKennie took. Dest, McKennie, Ream are on yellows. Did we take any in the England match?

Also, do you bring Aaronson on for Pulisic to start the 2nd half. Pulisic is obviously laboring after the charley horse. Weah, Sargent, McKennie have been tremendous this half. I also think CCV and Ream have been calm and composed. Iran will obviously adjust to bring numbers forward in the 2nd half because for them a 1-0 loss is the same as a 4 or 5-0 loss...they're going home no matter the amount of the loss. The good thing is Iran has shown they are not a precision team. They will try to play over the top and out physical our CBs. I've not been impressed with their MF play or connection and if I'm the US I'm pressing the backs hard anytime the ball goes back that way...Iran has turned the ball over a number of times under pressure. 45 to go!!!

Reactions: HuffyCane
I might be thinking the one McKennie took. Dest, McKennie, Ream are on yellows. Did we take any in the England match?

Also, do you bring Aaronson on for Pulisic to start the 2nd half. Pulisic is obviously laboring after the charley horse. Weah, Sargent, McKennie have been tremendous this half. I also think CCV and Ream have been calm and composed. Iran will obviously adjust to bring numbers forward in the 2nd half because for them a 1-0 loss is the same as a 4 or 5-0 loss...they're going home no matter the amount of the loss. The good thing is Iran has shown they are not a precision team. They will try to play over the top and out physical our CBs. I've not been impressed with their MF play or connection and if I'm the US I'm pressing the backs hard anytime the ball goes back that way...Iran has turned the ball over a number of times under pressure. 45 to go!!!
Agree all around.

Clean for the quarters. You get one in the q and the semi, you miss the final.
Just looked at the old game records and Acosta was the one that took a yellow preventing a Wales break.

I'd really like to see the offside call on Weah. That was one of the tightest ones and if this is the new auto offside call from the machine, I'm for it...but it sucked for us this time

In the other Group B game, it's 0-0, but Wales doesn't look like they're able to do much.

Aaronson on for Pulisic who didn't come out from the locker room after half.

Welp, England 2 goals in a minute in the 2nd half and they're up 2-0 on Wales. US playing for a shot at the Netherlands.

In our game, CCV has been stellar in the back. Timely step ins and covers and seems to be really calm in his defending. Hopefully this solidifies his role back there in the future as well.

Robinson needs to find some control with his touch. I get he wants to play fast but he loses too much possession.

We’re not controlling the ball like we did in the first half and have given Iran the momentum. I’m very concerned.

Fatigue on Jedi Dest and Musah may be the story of the game on Saturday.

I don’t understand our subs. How does Moore play in a game and Reyna does not? I realize they play different positions. Reyna is a freak. Moore is like the basic player th e video game generates when you forget to fill out your roster.

It was a great game but we should have murdered them. They aren’t good. Way too close in end.

But we are also the only Concacaf team advancing so suck it you losers. And we did what we needed to do with a young team and absolutely terrible strikers.

Reactions: TU_BLA
Woo Hoo! For a little while I thought I was watching TU will all the missed chances, but they came through. One-nil is good enough!

I don’t understand our subs. How does Moore play in a game and Reyna does not? I realize they play different positions. Reyna is a freak. Moore is like the basic player th e video game generates when you forget to fill out your roster.

It was a great game but we should have murdered them. They aren’t good. Way too close in end.

But we are also the only Concacaf team advancing so suck it you losers. And we did what we needed to do with a young team and absolutely terrible strikers.
It was a sub after we had scored. Beth alter was parking the bus and putting in defenders. If Iran had equalized we would have been screwed though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT