ADVERTISEMENT

Women’s BB Injuries

TU1NNJ

I.T.S. Head Coach
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2004
Someone asked in the other thread about the women’s injuries and since some people don’t want women’s BB discussed in the same thread as the men I started this one.

Evans tore her knee up in the KU game and is out for the season. Young was injured a couple of games ago tried to play against SMU but re-injured - I think it was leg related. Maddie B was knocked down hard near the basket in the 4th qtr of the SMU game. She was rubbing either her wrist or hand afterward and didn’t play last night. Based on Pooh’s comment I don’t think she will be out for long. Levings was injured earlier in the year and last night didn’t play any in the second half possibly re-injured. It seems most of our injuries are due to contact or hard falls during the games.

The freshmen are stepping it up. Lyles had a great shooting night, Periman rebounds well, blocked some shots and had a great drive blowing by the defender, Mathew’s didn’t play as much last night but in the SMU game played well. I suspect if Maddie doesn’t return quickly Lyles and Mathews may get more time rather than Gallegos. Gallegos not shooting well. Periman is becoming a regular down low.

Someone asked in the other thread about the women’s injuries and since some people don’t want women’s BB discussed in the same thread as the men I started this one.

Evans tore her knee up in the KU game and is out for the season. Young was injured a couple of games ago tried to play against SMU but re-injured - I think it was leg related. Maddie B was knocked down hard near the basket in the 4th qtr of the SMU game. She was rubbing either her wrist or hand afterward and didn’t play last night. Based on Pooh’s comment I don’t think she will be out for long. Levings was injured earlier in the year and last night didn’t play any in the second half possibly re-injured. It seems most of our injuries are due to contact or hard falls during the games.

The freshmen are stepping it up. Lyles had a great shooting night, Periman rebounds well, blocked some shots and had a great drive blowing by the defender, Mathew’s didn’t play as much last night but in the SMU game played well. I suspect if Maddie doesn’t return quickly Lyles and Mathews may get more time rather than Gallegos. Gallegos not shooting well. Periman is becoming a regular down low.
Gallegos looks a little stunned by the speed and quality of the game, something kids from HS experience when they get in a college game and realize that they are no longer the best player on the court by a wide margin 90% of the time and that everyone in college is as good or maybe even better than they are.

Gallegos looks a little stunned by the speed and quality of the game, something kids from HS experience when they get in a college game and realize that they are no longer the best player on the court by a wide margin 90% of the time and that everyone in college is as good or maybe even better than they are.
Yes but she played several years and started at UTEP.

The second team did well as they went for a few minutes in each quarter. Lyles really scored well.

Gallegos has not shown to be a good shooter, however her ball handling skills were much improved from the last game. She brings the ball down and sets the offense. She made a handful of good passes against Cinncy and with Maddie out, the ladies need for her to step up.
Overall the ladies are a very young team with most of the players being freshmen and sophomores.

Reactions: TU_BLA
We need Maddie back soon she makes big plays and shots
Bittle is my favorite player to watch. She is one of those grind players. She grinds on defense, she grinds for rebounds, she pushes tempo on offense and is tough around the basket. She's just a good all around player for TU and hopefully some of the younger players are watching her work rate.

ADVERTISEMENT