ADVERTISEMENT

With commitment of the top high school ranked

libertychamp

I.T.S. Position Coach
Sep 23, 2007
Basketball player for 2023 class in the state of Tennessee is a fantastic commitment, It will be our biggest recruit out of high school in years. Let’s hope we can keep his commitment as we have lost many commitments to bigger schools after we have offered in basketball and football.

Basketball player for 2023 class in the state of Tennessee is a fantastic commitment, It will be our biggest recruit out of high school in years. Let’s hope we can keep his commitment as we have lost many commitments to bigger schools after we have offered in basketball and football.
The odds are against him backing out.....Why I say this is because he was very
complimentary of Konkol & staffs' "straight forward and honest approach" to
recruiting him.....That seems very important to him, and is a compliment to
the way his parents raised him.....

I would think this is a very solid commitment, and an important one in this
staff's quest to restore the program to the Nolan/Tubby/Self relevance of
yesteryear.....

Last edited:
I think Konkol and staff get it. They're young, energetic, and he knows the history of TU and genuinely cares. I think we will continue to see his impressive recruiting continue.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
And I believe he’ll sign with us next Wednesday. So not much time for some school to change his mind.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
And I believe he’ll sign with us next Wednesday. So not much time for some school to change his mind.
That's the main thing, not much time to get in there and lure him away. If he committed in late November then I'd be a little nervous.

Reactions: Bill Lowery
In basketball, once a commitment is made, there is an unwritten rule that he's off the market, and continuing to recruit is very bad form. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's very frowned upon in the basketball coaching fraternity.

Totally different story on the football side.

In basketball, once a commitment is made, there is an unwritten rule that he's off the market, and continuing to recruit is very bad form. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it's very frowned upon in the basketball coaching fraternity.

Totally different story on the football side.
I’ve seen that a lot on the football side happen to all including us and maybe on some occasions when a coaching change was made in basketball. I know Xavier McDaniels was the best in Oklahoma but did we get him later after a transfer rather than right out of high school. Another question Chris do some player rankings and stars get lowered based on who they committed to?

Basketball commitments we have lost over the years tend to be those committed a year or more in advance and peer pressure tends to make them reconsider. Obviously a coaching change affected some.

But having a player surprisingly sign on signing day is very rare in today’s world. In the old days coaches would hide out a player a day or two before signing day since two or three schools might be after them. There were no cell phones and the home phone was “off the hook”. There were no “ Bryce Thompson’ top 5 on Twitter. “ NIL was called something else and came in brown paper bags.

Last edited:
Basketball commitments we have lost over the years tend to be those committed a year or more in advance and peer pressure tends to make them reconsider. Obviously a coaching change affected some.

But having a player surprisingly sign on signing day is very rare in today’s world. In the old days coaches would hide out a player a day or two before signing day since two or three schools might be after them. There were no cell phones and the home phone was “off the hook”. There were no “ Bryce Thompson’ top 5 on Twitter. “ NIL was called something else and came in brown paper bags.
Thanks I forgot about Bryce didn’t he commit to Tulsa early verbally

Chris do some player rankings and stars get lowered based on who they committed to?
In general, no, but there are times it goes up or down after a commitment because a recruiting service may re-evaluate a kid if the original ranking is old. Rivals has about four major evaluation periods throughout a recruiting cycle. I've seen Rivals move a kid from 3 stars to 2 stars several months after committing to Tulsa, and I've also seen Rivals move kids from 2 stars to 3 stars after committing to Tulsa, like current commit Kasen Carpenter. But those moves are based on new film and in-person evaluation, not who the kid committed to.

Reactions: libertychamp
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT