ADVERTISEMENT

Winning Time

HuffyCane

I.T.S. Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 25, 2004
If you have HBO/HBO Max, move Winning Time up in your queue.

It’s a docudrama look back at the Los Angeles Lakers of the early 1980s. The focus is mainly on the owner Jerry Buss and the coaches, but great performances from the guys playing Magic and Kareem.

The only other series I’ve seen this good in this genre is Chernobyl and maybe People vs OJ Simpson.

The 80’s retro is strong but not campy.

It’s the best show on tv. I didn’t know about the Tarkanian connection, that’s crazy.

I wasn’t sure about Adrian Brody playing Pat Riley, but I think it works. John C. Reilly is absolutely killer as Buss.

It’s dragged a little lately. But it’s still awesome. It’s like the Wire set in 1979 and only about the NBA and that culture.

Reactions: HuffyCane
It’s the best show on tv. I didn’t know about the Tarkanian connection, that’s crazy.

I wasn’t sure about Adrian Brody playing Pat Riley, but I think it works. John C. Reilly is absolutely killer as Buss.

It’s dragged a little lately. But it’s still awesome. It’s like the Wire set in 1979 and only about the NBA and that culture.

• Wow
Reactions: TU 1978
That criticism is odd. The West character is one of the good guys on the show. He’s not perfect, but no one is.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT