ADVERTISEMENT

Why don't we get a home game in second round?

oksportfan

I.T.S. Redshirt Freshman
Dec 5, 2003
The men's soccer team is the #11 seed in the NCAA tournament and receives a first round bye. All of the top 16 seeds except for Tulsa will play the second round game at home. I would like to know why. I have a suspicion that Tulsa chose to forfeit a home game because we host the CUSA volleyball finals on Sunday. That's a bad deal for the soccer team. TU will have to make the trip to Florida for Sunday's game.

I think it's more likely the NCAA yanked it bc of that. No way the school passes it up unless it's constrained somehow personnel-wise by the start of Thanksgiving break.

We at least deserve to know the reason why, if somebody screwed up fine, but just don't play it off like nothing happened. Its a big deal, now we will have to go Florida then if we win probably will then have to fly out to California to face UCLA.

Someone at TU screwed up? Or the NCAA screwed us? We've gotten screwed before with this tournament, going back to 1991.

Someone at TU screwed up...it really hurts our chances, if we win in Florida we will then have to pack up and most likely head to California.

This post was edited on 11/13 4:44 PM by DirtyDanchez

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT