ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be our breakout player this year

TULSARISING

I.T.S. Offensive Coordinator
Jun 21, 2017
Keylon Stokes, he has all of the tools to be a stud receiver, I don't know if he will be like his brother, but I expect him to put up some numbers this year and give opposing teams fits.

How long did it take Paul Smith to be preceived as dependable?

Dane?
Paul Smith proved to be dependable his true freshman season when he relieved an injured James Killian against San Jose St. and led the team to victory, insuring a bowl bid in 2003. He redshirted in 2004 because Killian stayed healthy and paved the way for him to start for three seasons. He won the job by beating out David Johnson in a very close competition.

Dane Evans had his struggles in his redshirt freshman season but proved dependable by his sophomore year. He was one of the bright spots in a dismal 2014 season.

I'm hoping that Luke Skipper will prove dependable this season and will lead to a greatly improved record in 2018.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Skipper has the intangibles to be a nice QB. He showed flashes last year, but the WR Corp was the worst we’ve had in a decade. If they can improve to be average we easily go bowling. Even if the defense never gets a stop.

Skipper has the intangibles to be a nice QB. He showed flashes last year, but the WR Corp was the worst we’ve had in a decade. If they can improve to be average we easily go bowling. Even if the defense never gets a stop.
Here's to upsetting Hank Hill university in Austin!

Reactions: cmullinsTU
How long did it take Paul Smith to be preceived as dependable?

Dane?
Start with Dane...almost 2 seasons and until Monty arrived. We all saw the potential.

Paul Smith- the game against San Jose State that he won that helped us secure the bowl berth. I believe that was his true FR season

Stokes is a major deep threat. Averaged 24 yards a catch. Only question about him is whether he can be consistent this early in his career. I like Crawford. I hope he gets a chance.

Reactions: Bassmaster33
I seem to recall a scouting report from last summer that said that Crawford has a half step or better on Stokes. Might not be true anymore.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT