ADVERTISEMENT

Who Sat Outside And Stayed?

TUMU

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2003
I left at halftime.

I give it up to anyone who sat outside the entire game and didn't leave early.

We left at the 3:00 mark in the 4th.
My wife and sister had formal attire on under their water resistant TU pullovers/jackets as did I but, not over formal attire. They all had soaked through and we were all soaked to the core and cold. My dad and brother in law had waterproof gear on and wanted to stay but we votoed them.

For the record, we were 4 of the 100 that stayed for the UTEP game back in the day.

I left at halftime.

I give it up to anyone who sat outside the entire game and didn't leave early.
I left a litttle past halfway through the third, so I didn't beat you by much.

Reactions: TUMU
I sat in the stands through the beginning of the 4th quarter, then sneaked into the tent at the northwest corner to watch the rest of it.

Was kind of hoping for a (non-lethal) lightning strike around 13th & Florence to chase me home. Left anyway before halftime.

I’ll give the Admin credit for putting on the Homecoming festivities no matter what. But those kids, especially the outstanding Seniors and Freshmen, got soaked. Congrats to the new king and queen.

We stayed for the band performance then into the 3rd qtr until Neph caught his TD pass. That was good enough for me.

Are we potentially that good, or is uconn just really bad?

Maybe both? But probably just the latter.
We have shown we can play with anyone in the AAC and even with Texas. What we have also shown is an inability to make big plays when they matter most. Our D is one of the better ones in the league, especially when it doesn’t have to be on the field for 40 min a game.

BTW, our 1st team D gave up 1 giant TD play. And I will go out in a limb and say #11 from UCONN will play in the NFL as the next Wes Walker/Julian Edelmann/Cole Beasley type of WR. UCONN used him pretty well last night and was their only true threat. Pindell broke off some runs but most of those were broken plays.

We have shown we can play with anyone in the AAC and even with Texas. What we have also shown is an inability to make big plays when they matter most. Our D is one of the better ones in the league, especially when it doesn’t have to be on the field for 40 min a game.

I agree, I think we have the talent to be at 5 or 6 wins right now but our coaching ability in suspect at best in close games.

Are we potentially that good, or is uconn just really bad?

I agree with the others. Yes, LOL!
That’s a big reason the season has been so painful. The only game we haven’t been in is Arkansas but, we hit those early FG’s and it’s a different game.

Hopefully last night have them some confidence and we can finish the season strong and have reasonable expectations of a bowl game next year.

If we win 2-3 to finish, I’m OK with Monty staying but still feel strongly he must be given funds and told to hire an OC.

My brother and I sat for the first half, then stood for the 2nd half. Neither of us were ready for the rain as I was given bad info on when the rain would hit. Was completely drenched and a little cold, but had a blast. Wasn't going to miss a win. Love sitting close to the Ooh-Sa-Sa guys. They're hilarious.

Reactions: 'Cane-man and TUMU
Stayed up till about 7 minutes left. I got soaked, but our 2nd & 3rd quarter made it worth it for me.

We left at the 3:00 mark in the 4th.
My wife and sister had formal attire on under their water resistant TU pullovers/jackets as did I but, not over formal attire. They all had soaked through and we were all soaked to the core and cold. My dad and brother in law had waterproof gear on and wanted to stay but we votoed them.

For the record, we were 4 of the 100 that stayed for the UTEP game back in the day.

We left at the 4 minute mark.. we were soaked and wanted to beat the traffic.

We knew the forecast but it was almost 75 degrees here in Noble when we left for Tulsa.

I was one of those hundred.

We left at the 4 minute mark.. we were soaked and wanted to beat the traffic.

We knew the forecast but it was almost 75 degrees here in Noble when we left for Tulsa.

I was one of those hundred.
Yeah, I kept seeing a forecast that called for rain to begin much later than it actually did. By the time we got to the half, I was soaked, my kids were soaked, and more importantly, my wife was soaked and cranky. Because of the extended Homecoming half time period, we were actually able to make it home in time for the 2nd half kick.

I stayed the entire game, the alma mater, and fight song. My fishing rain gear on and boots on... was still wet when I got home. But never really uncomfortable. We counted ~300 people in the stands with < 1 minute to go. I think 4 students in the student section (not counting the band). I can't blame anyone, up by ~30 against a non exciting team, miserable weather, and getting late.

But I basically never leave. Made it to the end of the OSU game back in the day too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT