ADVERTISEMENT

Who Is The Starting Qb And Whos Going To Be The Next Athletic Director

Ha, ITS automatically censors things...fun.

No Judy, not now, not ever. The only reason she was successful is because she had a great leader who loved athletics as a part of the campus culture in Dr. Lawless.

Here's a name: Mike Minyard. Who you ask? He was a ticketing and marketing manager at ORU. Did a lot of great things in their ticketing and marketing strategies. Went on to Austin Peay as an Assistant AD. He's currently an associate AD at Cal Baptist overseeing their transition to D1. He is from Tulsa so he knows the area and market...he has a wide variety of experiences in terms of the types of schools he's worked at. In knowing Mike, I know he understands the unique challenges small private schools have in the NCAA D1 landscape. One knock against him is he has not worked at a school with FBS football and that is a unique set of challenges in and of itself.

In terms of interim, I'd be shocked if the athletic dept. wasn't under the leadership of one Jerry O for a year. (Huffy probably knows more about this).

Reactions: shon46
No clue at this point on the AD.

Probably somebody from the law school at this point.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TU Man and TU_BLA
Please tell me it's just the covid and the election, but everyone has lost their sense of humor. It used to be fun on here, when we cracked stupid jokes and laughed at Pokes. Geez
I can't tell when people are joking...there are people who actually think she did a good job while I know she had puppet strings attached to almost everything. Yes she hired Kragthorpe but had to be pushed and prodded to even bring the guy on campus. She hired Self but that was a no brainer and an easy get. She also hired Buzz and Phillips and we still haven't fully recovered from that mess.

Shite

Just tried it cuz it was putting a big emoji pile of crap :crap: when I typed this before.
It was capitalizing your pile of merde, not putting it in lower case. :poop2:
It even was censoring in British.
Not now I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Not sure if this is legit*, but I found this list on a slip of paper dropped by someone important at a place they would usually be:

Totally real AD short list:
Sepp Blatter
George Kaiser
Mike Leach
Roger Goodell
Joe Exotic
Condoleezza Rice
Kirk Herbstreit

[*this is not a real list, in case the internet has lost its collective mind]

Reactions: TU_BLA
Not sure if this is legit*, but I found this list on a slip of paper dropped by someone important at a place they would usually be:

Totally real AD short list:
Sepp Blatter
George Kaiser
Mike Leach
Roger Goodell
Joe Exotic
Condoleezza Rice
Kirk Herbstreit

[*this is not a real list, in case the internet has lost its collective mind]
I don't know know that Condoleeza would accept if offered, it's too much harey karey politics for her, working under Judge Levit. Kaiser might not accept for the same reason. Herbstreit might give it a go though.

HRC would be perfect.
Being from Arkansas, she could get us a home and home with the university.
being Teflon, we would never get ncaa sanctions

Jerry O, just let him do it.... when he retires, shut down the programs

Yep, I am real excited about the future of The University of Tulsa as a whole. Have they made up with the foundation yet or is the board still a bunch of hacks?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT