ADVERTISEMENT

Which upset makes you laugh hardest?

chito_and_leon

I.T.S. Head Coach
Dec 5, 2003
Here's my ordering:
  1. Notre Dame losing to Marshall - Why is Notre Dame still a thing?
  2. Texas A&M losing to App State - A&M's payroll is higher than the Dallas Cowboys and still this?
  3. Nebraska losing to GA So. - nobody combines massive ego based on stuff from 20 years ago in a place that's worthless like Nebraska. This would usually be #1 for me, but it just feels like piling on at this point.
  4. Wisconsin losing to Wa St. - everything sucks about Wisconsin except the fireworks
  5. Nevada losing to Incarnate Word - know nothing about Nevada but Incarnate Word? That's funny!
  6. Houston losing to Texas Tech - didn't expect much from Houston so not as much fun

Reactions: Henry Kendall
Houston… Dana Holgerson, their fans, etc…. Bonus that the wife’s Texas branch of the family has three generations of Tech grads that are all good folks.

Last edited:
Houston… Dana Holgerson, their fans, etc…. Bonus that the wife’s Texas branch of the family has three generations of Tech grads that are all good folks.
They hate Holgerson in Houston. They had a photo with all the pertinent coaches in the Houston area (instigated by Lovie with the Texans) and picked Kelvin over Dana, because he’s such a polarizing figure.
ratio3x2_1900.jpg

Lovie is looking like the skinny Santa in “A Year Without Christmas” with that white beard. I can hear Mrs. Santa in the background - eat Santa eat, you don’t want to disappoint the children. 😁

Lovie looks like Moses.

One spring morning back in the early 80’s my father received a phone call when he was the principal at Central High school here in Tulsa. It was a young TU grad that had finally ended his pro football aspirations, Lovie Smith.

Lovie asked my father if he could interview for the job opening for the head football coaching job at Central. Well, the interview went real well, and my father offered him the job at the end of the interview. Lovie said he’d let him know after lunch. My dad waited and waited for that call.

Reactions: Larry Lewis
Here's my ordering:
  1. Notre Dame losing to Marshall - Why is Notre Dame still a thing?
  2. Texas A&M losing to App State - A&M's payroll is higher than the Dallas Cowboys and still this?
  3. Nebraska losing to GA So. - nobody combines massive ego based on stuff from 20 years ago in a place that's worthless like Nebraska. This would usually be #1 for me, but it just feels like piling on at this point.
  4. Wisconsin losing to Wa St. - everything sucks about Wisconsin except the fireworks
  5. Nevada losing to Incarnate Word - know nothing about Nevada but Incarnate Word? That's funny!
  6. Houston losing to Texas Tech - didn't expect much from Houston so not as much fun
Notre Dame and Tex A&M because their entitled fans are in full melt down that their glorious and storied programs are losing to “no name teams at home”. Love it.

ND to Marshall. Only because I remember how they acted when we beat them (and that's when we were good and they weren't). I cannot imagine the full blown panic now that they're No. 8 and got beat at home. By Marshall.

My biggest lol is the NIU fan who tried to clown TU for saying we beat ourselves at Wyoming, then promptly posted that NIU beat themselves after last nights game.

close second would be another quote from the NIU board: “this is what happens when you’re a mac program”

Notre Dame and AnM...

Notre Dame because they hired football's equivalent of John Phillips ...

And..

AnM because the only constant that matches the speed of light in a vacuum for reliability is the Aggie Choke..

Reactions: TU 1978
A$M because of all the money they throw at football and yet they continue to embarrass themselves regularly.

They also still bury their dead mascot dogs facing the entrance to the stadium so that they can ‘watch’ the games. Et tu, Goldie?

Notre Dame and AnM...

Notre Dame because they hired football's equivalent of John Phillips ...

And..

AnM because the only constant that matches the speed of light in a vacuum for reliability is the Aggie Choke..
This is true on the Notre Dame thing. But part of the thing with them is that they are way over rated (they were last year too). He won't last 2 seasons there and I don't expect Notre Dame to even make a bowl game this year at this rate. They're just not very good at all.

I am putting A&M #1 on this list. They continually get the ranking benefit of the SEC bias without actually proving they deserve it. Hell, I'm not sure there is an SEC team other than Georgia good enough to be in the CFP this year. Alabama isn't very good. Watching that game vs Texas the other day was like watching a dentist after he administered the novacaine waiting for it to take effect. Just awful.

Reactions: TulsaFanFromStigler
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT