ADVERTISEMENT

When do we find out...

Those are good questions but isn’t the transfer portal a fluid thing? Meaning that they can enter and leave the portal at any time?

Josh Johnson announced he is coming back. I do not know how to link the tweet or I would...... I’m a dinosaur!!

Reactions: drboobay
Josh Johnson announced he is coming back. I do not know how to link the tweet or I would...... I’m a dinosaur!!

he’s coming back, hopefully with a better QB that can get him the ball.

Do you mean for having his helmet ripped off his head and being attacked? I doubt he should be punished for that.
No he means the part where he pushes his teammates apart to get to the front of the TU crowd, begins yelling something loudly, that I assume is not “Good game everybody, stop, wait, you stay there.” and then when he realizes the yelling from both sides is going to build to violence, asks a teammate for his helmet before plunging into the fight, rather than grabbing a teammate, pulling him to safety and leaving the area, as several TU players did.

No he means the part where he pushes his teammates apart to get to the front of the TU crowd, begins yelling something loudly, that I assume is not “Good game everybody, stop, wait, you stay there.” and then when he realizes the yelling from both sides is going to build to violence, asks a teammate for his helmet before plunging into the fight, rather than grabbing a teammate, pulling him to safety and leaving the area, as several TU players did.
This , he literally asked for his helmet before he went up to the line, he was preparing to fight , not break things up

Reactions: TU4ever2
Well, the video evidence shows which team was the instigator of this event and it wasn’t Tulsa.

Reactions: hhjk25
Well, the video evidence shows which team was the instigator of this event and it wasn’t Tulsa.
I do agree with that , however, Tulsa should have handled it a lot differently, there are times to stand up for yourself but there are also times to walk away

Reactions: cmullinsTU and 4tu2
If you know anything about crowd based violence, it isn’t “started” by a punch thrown. It is “started” when individuals in the crowd sense that the environment they are in will permit extra legal offenses against public order to occur without consequences or the consequences are lower than the risk of pursuing the offense. The fight started years ago with the low discipline allowed by the coaching staff. That was a platform from which Tulsa players (and MSU players) were permitted to jawbone during the exchange. Tulsa willingly and knowingly participated in that until someone was provoked and/or felt there would be no/low consequences for his actions. The first punch did not “start” the fight. It was a consequence of the behavior of both parties. Y’all are starting to sound like little brothers complaining about their 10 year old bully older brother.

You can be so immature about things sometimes. It's not a we were right, they were wrong sort of situation. There was fault on all sides. He was a big instigator on our side.

Reactions: cmullinsTU and 4tu2
Huffy just wants all players punished and the coaching staff fired. I suggest we also look at firing most of the athletic staff and most faculty. They must have contributed by teaching them that standing up for yourself is not a crime! If you ever played, this happens. It is never a good thing but it is not always avoidable.

Huffy just wants all players punished and the coaching staff fired. I suggest we also look at firing most of the athletic staff and most faculty. They must have contributed by teaching them that standing up for yourself is not a crime! If you ever played, this happens. It is never a good thing but it is not always avoidable.
Everybody correctly assumed your responses, so why write them.

Reactions: TU_BLA

Wrong.

The video shows who threw the first punch.

If you are verbally threatening me and acting like you will follow through with the threat it's considered self defense.

The video doesn't really give us any audio. It's also quite clear that the instigation started long before the end of the game.

Right now listening to apologist I have three big issues with it the further we go along the less accountability is assigned to the team that has a pattern of such behavior in favor of blaming the other team. At minimum it is mutual, more likely we are at fault from past M.O. and current evidence like a player going and getting his helmet to go back in.

The second issue is it seems only the physical actions at the end of the game are the problem. Yet we have been cheap shotting, talking trash, being in general unsportsmanlike this entire damn year. Now people want to claim we're innocent because we took an L and got popped in the mouth for talking :crap:.

The apologist tend to focus on the kids, not the coaches, the NCAA doesn't have the term institutional control by accident. Monty has shown he has zero discipline teams over the past six years compare that ten win team (dominated by Blankenship players with two years of his program as their foundation) and this team in behavior with success. Every year it has become worse, it shows up on the field and now is appearing off the field with all this nonsense.

It's clear Monty will not get it under control or change on his own, his coaching history at Tulsa and as an assitant at other places proves this is baked in, so you see our fans calling on the AD to put things back the way they are suppose to be. That will require forced change to Monty or Monty getting the boot. Institutional control matters and Monty has zero.

Reactions: Sbellini
If you know anything about crowd based violence, it isn’t “started” by a punch thrown. It is “started” when individuals in the crowd sense that the environment they are in will permit extra legal offenses against public order to occur without consequences or the consequences are lower than the risk of pursuing the offense. The fight started years ago with the low discipline allowed by the coaching staff. That was a platform from which Tulsa players (and MSU players) were permitted to jawbone during the exchange. Tulsa willingly and knowingly participated in that until someone was provoked and/or felt there would be no/low consequences for his actions. The first punch did not “start” the fight. It was a consequence of the behavior of both parties. Y’all are starting to sound like little brothers complaining about their 10 year old bully older brother.
So did the other team’s behavior start years ago with their coaching staff? /s

This is much ado about nothing. Are we blaming Memphis’ fight with BYU on their coaching staff as well? How about the BYU coaching staff? Sure seems like the kids they were recruiting when they had that fight in 2014 went on to do big things under that coaching staff.

Reactions: ctt8410
So did the other team’s behavior start years ago with their coaching staff? /s

This is much ado about nothing. Are we blaming Memphis’ fight with BYU on their coaching staff as well? How about the BYU coaching staff? Sure seems like the kids they were recruiting when they had that fight in 2014 went on to do big things under that coaching staff.
Yes to all of this. MSU and BYU are both good examples of programs that take poor behaving players that others pass on and conceal their misdeeds leading to a culture of entitlement and a lack of discipline. It predates Sitake and Leach and neither has done much to change it. BYU talks a good game about the Honor Code, but more than a few routinely fail to live up to it. And it shows on the field.

Yes to all of this. MSU and BYU are both good examples of programs that take poor behaving players that others pass on and conceal their misdeeds leading to a culture of entitlement and a lack of discipline. It predates Sitake and Leach and neither has done much to change it. BYU talks a good game about the Honor Code, but more than a few routinely fail to live up to it. And it shows on the field.

Leach has only been there this year. They have had zero incidents of that this year.

Miami is another fine example of schools doing that, Nebraska did it. That has never been the sort of program we have had, but you could have put a BYU or Miami jersey on this years Tulsa teams and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have stuck out.

Which is definitely an issue.

The issue is we won so we should be pleased. I hope we have players that could put on a BYU or Miami uniform and not stand out. Winning is important and should be left at that.

Leach has only been there this year. They have had zero incidents of that this year.

Miami is another fine example of schools doing that, Nebraska did it. That has never been the sort of program we have had, but you could have put a BYU or Miami jersey on this years Tulsa teams and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have stuck out.

Which is definitely an issue.
My point on MSU is that there is a long-standing culture there that permits it and there are players on the team, some of whom playing their final game, that Leach cannot control over the long term or when they feel there will be no consequences. So you don’t even have a handshake. Or you sure as hell stop taking pictures with coeds in the stands while the fight is going on.

Here’s a few examples. I’m sure there is more:

2018:

2017:

2016:

Five star recruit filmed repeatedly punching a woman he had not previously met during a dispute was allowed to enroll.

Reactions: TU4ever2
The issue is we won so we should be pleased. I hope we have players that could put on a BYU or Miami uniform and not stand out. Winning is important and should be left at that.

Wtf are you talking about?

You are cheering for the wrong team if that is what you believe.

Program is a 105 years old and has won doing it the right way. Go cheer for an SEC team if that what you want.

Now, as I was saying, about the causes of crowd based violence ....

We got what now 4 or 5 out of 18 or 19 Jr/Sr decisions so far. I'm assuming we're about to see an avalanche of decisions soon.

I'm guessing that hard deadline Montgomery had to give them for recruiting purposes is close to arriving.

We got what now 4 or 5 out of 18 or 19 Jr/Sr decisions so far. I'm assuming we're about to see an avalanche of decisions soon.

I'm guessing that hard deadline Montgomery had to give them for recruiting purposes is close to arriving.
I dont think Montgomery gives them a deadline. I think the NFL gives them a deadline to declare. I might be wrong but hey wont be the first time.

I dont think Montgomery gives them a deadline. I think the NFL gives them a deadline to declare. I might be wrong but hey wont be the first time.
I guarantee you Montgomery is definitely giving them a deadline. Everyone that leaves isn't necessarily leaving to enter the draft. He needs to know for recruiting purposes. His deadline may be by the draft deadline which happens to be around the end of this week, or he may tell them he needs to know their plans by Monday. But one way or another there is a Montgomery deadline.

Reactions: 4tu2
We will know when school starts and compliance gets the list of who is enrolled and will participate in spring practice. Shouldn’t be long. Should not be something they hide. Chris and Larry I would imagine will keep us updated. They go back this week and sit 6 days before school starts iirc. Y’all correct me if I’m a week early.

We will know when school starts and compliance gets the list of who is enrolled and will participate in spring practice. Shouldn’t be long. Should not be something they hide. Chris and Larry I would imagine will keep us updated. They go back this week and sit 6 days before school starts iirc. Y’all correct me if I’m a week early.
It's a bit of a different animal this year since all the seniors can come back if they so desire. That compliance list may be a bit early for it to match up to their decisions. The first day of school is the 19th, but the campus opens up on the 13th. If that list gets put out right before classes start then it will probably match up to the final list for the team. If it gets put out much earlier, maybe not.(It might not be the final draft of that compliance list. Yes pun intended.)

I do believe a precedent was set last year when a young man declared for the draft....went undrafted applied to be reinstated to the NCAA and was granted the reinstatement. This year with COVID who knows what will happen...... I’m thinking we will not know for sure until fall camp.
A Green was a no brainer to come back. He didn’t do anything this past season to raise his draft stock. I also believe Evans , Couch, Tiller ,and Crawford will be back as well. Smith I would think is waiting on a draft grade and then if he thinks he can improve his rating by staying one more year he will stay as well. I’m sure there are more seniors that I do not known by name. I would go out on a limb and say if TU will honor their scholarships I would bet they would stay as well.
Huffy I’m unaware of a problem child. Is it one of the new recruits from high school?

TU doesn’t have infinite money to give people scholarships for a fifth or sixth year. Doesn’t make sense for Smith to stay another year if he’s working with the practice squad.

TU doesn’t have infinite money to give people scholarships for a fifth or sixth year. Doesn’t make sense for Smith to stay another year if he’s working with the practice squad.
Unless we don’t have an offensive GA ...

Reactions: TU 1978
I do believe a precedent was set last year when a young man declared for the draft....went undrafted applied to be reinstated to the NCAA and was granted the reinstatement. This year with COVID who knows what will happen...... I’m thinking we will not know for sure until fall camp.
A Green was a no brainer to come back. He didn’t do anything this past season to raise his draft stock. I also believe Evans , Couch, Tiller ,and Crawford will be back as well. Smith I would think is waiting on a draft grade and then if he thinks he can improve his rating by staying one more year he will stay as well. I’m sure there are more seniors that I do not known by name. I would go out on a limb and say if TU will honor their scholarships I would bet they would stay as well.
Huffy I’m unaware of a problem child. Is it one of the new recruits from high school?
Yes. The kid who competed in high school under an assumed name and different number after he was deemed ineligible. (Something TU was put on probation for with the track team in the early 90s and a guy named Rick Dickson was brought in to clean up.)

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT