ADVERTISEMENT

Wanted. Assistant Coaches With Extensive Texas Experience

Oak775

I.T.S. Sophomore
Gold Member
May 31, 2020
Tulsa has got to hire football coaches with “extensive“ experience recruiting in Texas. A must. The program just can’t afford coaches to “learn” on the job.

Tulsa has got to hire football coaches with “extensive“ experience recruiting in Texas. A must. The program just can’t afford coaches to “learn” on the job.
Huh? Kevin Wilson knows Texas. Look how many Texas guys he pulled to Ohio state.

Reactions: Oak775
The fact that he has not announced any coaching hires, leads me to believe that the coaches he is bring in are all coaching in bowl games. Since poaching is now the name of the game, let's hope they are all good poachers!

They are saying on pay board he is keeping all the coaches and is only bringing in one coach

It was okietch 51 said he talked to somebody and that was what he said. He thought that person was lineman on the team. I hope he brings more than one coach. We need change

It was okietch 51 said he talked to somebody and that was what he said. He thought that person was lineman on the team. I hope he brings more than one coach. We need change
If someone reveals something on the payboard, it is often because they don't think it should be out there for the entire public to see. Usually it is courtesy, to let that person decide to say it on the free board, or at least ask them, before doing so.(The payboard can to a certain extent be a firewall.)

You might have stepped on Okietch's intent by doing that. I know I would have said that on the payboard, with the intent that the public not see it. It probably is at the minimum, a half truth.

Last edited:
Coach Wilson stated at his press conference, among a number of things, is that “he wouldn’t be the offensive coordinator and he would “hire” an OC.

I like to the base 3-3-5 defense, and I didn’t object too much about our coaches.

If the head coach retained a large number of coaches I would find that very different and refreshing in our immediate gratification society.

We’ll see.

If someone reveals something on the payboard, it is often because they don't think it should be out there for the entire public to see. Usually it is courtesy, to let that person decide to say it on the free board, or at least ask them, before doing so. You might have stepped on Okietch's intent by doing that. I know I would have said that on the payboard with the intent that the public not see it. It probably is at the minimum, a half truth.
Like I said gotta pay the fee.

Plus this is dubious hearsay. Even the person providing it seemed to do so as conjecture.

So let's not make too much of it.

Also, if this were true, which I don't believe it is, then either the DC or the OC would have to come from the current staff. I don't think Wilson would do that. I also don't think there would be 0 to 1 staff defections, if he even wanted to try that plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: Henry Kendall
He looked like a former old lineman, my guess from his body type. I think he had a love affair with Monty (players' coach).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT