ADVERTISEMENT

Voter disenfranchisement

Gotta say everybody in unison adopting and repeating the words Big Lie is pretty weird. Trump’s a lying ahole obviously, but that level of conformity weirds me out. Some DNC operative decided “this is what we will call it” and everyone just followed in lockstep. Also weird that 1 rando saying something about civil war is a story.

Reactions: rusty-c
i got my mail in ballot yesterday. I only have 3 weeks to fill it in(vote), sign it, put a stamp on it, and walk it to the mailbox. I hope I can get it done in time.
Good. Much better than having just one day to do it.

Oh thank you for your gracious knowkedge. Of course that's why they allow recounts. Thanks for stating the obvious.

And out of all the recounts, at best 1 in 10 change the winner. And in most every recount that changes the winner, the margin the person won by, is much closer than those for which Trump and his acolytes are demanding recounts.

It is an exercise to erode voters faith in elections, nothing more. There is no chance Trump will win anything but accomplishing less faith in the next election. You already have less faith than before the 2020 election. Trump has succeeded with you, despite not proving any conspiracy.

You are a lemming.

Reactions: watu05
nyc is allowing 800,000 non citizens to vote locally: anyone with a green card or legal right to work in the US.

I'm heading to NYC to vote.

nyc is allowing 800,000 non citizens to vote locally: anyone with a green card or legal right to work in the US.

I'm heading to NYC to vote.
Actual citations and proof not from a QAnon Facebook source or Fox News? If there is not a legit news source with proof this is happening...it's not happening...same with all of the voter fraud you all threw out there last election...and then the only actual, documented, and charged voter fraud was perpetrated by GOP supporters. And none of that was on a scale that would make a difference. It's actually quite rare and extremely limited...so just stop...and if you're worried about voter disenfranchisement so much maybe you should write to the state legislatures gerrymandering districts that actually dilutes votes and eliminates voter impact in districts. GOP knows it does not have a policy stance popular with the majority of voters in this country so they do the only thing they know they can get away with and that is to eliminate the impact of POC voters.

The next big election is in 10 months. If you are already registered to vote, you are set, otherwise you have 10 months to fill in the post card to register. There should be not whining in November about not enough time to register.

house districts get misrepresented because of gerrymandering by both parties.
the house disrticts in a state should be apportioned using the percentage of the votes each party received in the state in a federal election.

the new bill allows for day of, voter registration. Why?
at this point you have just under 3 year to register for the next presidential election. get'er done.

a popular talking point is that the new voting laws enacted by some states is voter suppression.

is there any evidence that proves that this prevents any eligible voter from voting.

Similar to the claim of voter fraud in the last election.

a popular talking point is that the new voting laws enacted by some states is voter suppression.

is there any evidence that proves that this prevents any eligible voter from voting.

Similar to the claim of voter fraud in the last election.
Statistically, yes, there is proof.

Pretty gross stuff from Biden, but it tracks with his past “Mitt Romney is going to put black people back in chains” and “Jim crow 2.0” rhetoric.

it was reported that 47,000,000 people watched the sotu address. if some were not dems, where sre the rest of the 80,000 000 the voted for him.

it was reported that 47,000,000 people watched the sotu address. if some were not dems, where sre the rest of the 80,000 000 the voted for him.
I didn't watch it. Too long and they all go on way too much. However, I guess I missed some drama from Trailor Trash Boebert. Why watch? Nothing meaningful is ever said, the other side boos and acts like a petulant 3 year old, and the party in power stands and applauds for words like "and" and "the". And if you look up Trump's SOTU addresses, my guess is the numbers aren't much different.

Reactions: astonmartin708
I didn't watch it. Too long and they all go on way too much. However, I guess I missed some drama from Trailor Trash Boebert. Why watch? Nothing meaningful is ever said, the other side boos and acts like a petulant 3 year old, and the party in power stands and applauds for words like "and" and "the". And if you look up Trump's SOTU addresses, my guess is the numbers aren't much different.
the sotu is not "we the people" its just a political ad.

Another Republican caught creating voter fraud

The big question is whether Trump's operative who voted in North Carolina illegally will get the same 5.5 yr sentence as the woman who moved and voted in a new precinct (and had registered there) but hadn't told the election board to remove her from the rolls on her old precinct. This was in a southern state and the woman was black. Mind you, she didn't vote twice but was registered in two precincts...5.5 years

• Sad
There are going to be a lot of people going to jail if we start sending those who voted twice in the same election to prison. In Georgia alone there were 1000 people who voted twice in the 2020 elections. Not enough to sway any results but more than a few isolated cases as some of you are inferring.

There are going to be a lot of people going to jail if we start sending those who voted twice in the same election to prison. In Georgia alone there were 1000 people who voted twice in the 2020 elections. Not enough to sway any results but more than a few isolated cases as some of you are inferring.
How many of those were individuals who submitted absentee ballots and forgot they did so? There was a ton of disinformation out there about mail in ballots and them not being delivered by USPS on time and concerns of people and their votes being counted. I've heard stories of people who voted by mail saying there was an irregularity and they now needed to vote in person (which would nullify both ballots if caught, in addition to possible criminal charges). In OK I believe if you request an absentee ballot but show up at the in person voting, you have to sign an affidavit that you did not submit the absentee ballot. I'm sure many states have this provision.

Most of the highly publicized multiple votes cast cases cite Republican Trump supporters. I believe there is one in Florida where a guy voted and then submitted an absentee ballot on behalf of his mother....who had died.

And the specific case I'm talking about, the woman...may have been in Georgia and she moved from one county to another...maybe Cobb to Dekalb or something like that. But she got jail time for voting in the new precinct without removing herself from the previous precinct. That seems a bit harsh...I can see if she voted twice. The thing that gets me is the double standard...we see documented cases of white folks committing voter fraud and they get some sort of plea deal and probation, get to keep their guns and right to vote, but the black woman is in prison.

The story regarding the Georgia didn’t provide details on how the voting fraud was carried out. Not sure it matters. You know if you vote absentee. I’m not buying the “I forgot” defense.

A person’s skin color obviously shouldn’t be a factor in jail sentences. A lengthy past criminal history should. Don’t know the details of the case you’re referring to but did they woman have a past criminal history ? Are we comparing apples to apples ?

In OK I believe if you request an absentee ballot but show up at the in person voting, you have to sign an affidavit that you did not submit the absentee ballot. I'm sure many states have this provision.
Yes, you do have to sign an affidavit, with it clearly stated that it is on penalty of law if you sign it

still waiting for details of how any of the new rules absolutly prevents anyone from voting and targets blacks.

FB goes from the censorship of conservative speech to hiring a conservative firm to go after TikTok. Oh the irony.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT