ADVERTISEMENT

Vive La France

watu05

I.T.S. Senior
Mar 19, 2021
Finally a world leader taking charge...

French President Macron on vaccination requirements:

“I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us."

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen). Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary.

"We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine."

"I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Afterwards, vaccination demand in France went up dramatically.

Lol who exactly does he think he’s talking to with “this time you stay at home, not us”? The people who aren’t getting vaccinated are likely a lot of the same people he forced out of work through stay at home orders and had no ability to stay home and work. Can’t think of a better example of a politician being out of touch, and the self righteousness really tops it off.

Lol who exactly does he think he’s talking to with “this time you stay at home, not us”? The people who aren’t getting vaccinated are likely a lot of the same people he forced out of work through stay at home orders and had no ability to stay home and work. Can’t think of a better example of a politician being out of touch, and the self righteousness really tops it off.
Stay at home orders were seen around the globe. I think you’re showing just how out of touch you are.

We have a chance to skip serious societal and economic effects from another round of the pandemic. It’s one group of cowardly, misinformed people that are holding us back from doing that and they’re putting their livelihoods and the livelihoods of others in jeopardy because they’re scared of a needle jab that has had no adverse effect on 99.999% of people who received it. (By livelihood I mean both physical well being and potential labor shortages caused by pandemic deaths / serious illnesses)

At some point, everyone in most civilized countries will get a shot. Like it or not, potential (though unlikely) adverse effects or not. You can whine an you can cry, but as soon as the FDA gives full approval, it’s going to be mandated somehow. It might be like the NFL just did, where if your team has a covid outbreak you forfeit and you lose a ton of revenue. Your boss might say, if you don’t get the shot and you get sick then I’m going to dock you a month’s pay and I’m going to charge you for each of your coworkers who get sick.

Reactions: watu05
Stay at home orders were seen around the globe. I think you’re showing just how out of touch you are.

We have a chance to skip serious societal and economic effects from another round of the pandemic. It’s one group of cowardly, misinformed people that are holding us back from doing that and they’re putting their livelihoods and the livelihoods of others in jeopardy because they’re scared of a needle jab that has had no adverse effect on 99.999% of people who received it. (By livelihood I mean both physical well being and potential labor shortages caused by pandemic deaths / serious illnesses)

At some point, everyone in most civilized countries will get a shot. Like it or not, potential (though unlikely) adverse effects or not. You can whine an you can cry, but as soon as the FDA gives full approval, it’s going to be mandated somehow. It might be like the NFL just did, where if your team has a covid outbreak you forfeit and you lose a ton of revenue. Your boss might say, if you don’t get the shot and you get sick then I’m going to dock you a month’s pay and I’m going to charge you for each of your coworkers who get sick.

Not really sure what any of that is about.

The class divide on both the desire for and the impact of lockdowns was stark. It’s easy for someone like Macron or myself to be comfortable with a stay at home order because it doesn’t mean losing my job and throwing my life into complete chaos. A politician that had to sacrifice absolutely nothing of substance saying “it’s your turn to stay at home” to likely the same class of people who have suffered is brain dead and shows a complete lack of empathy for the people who actually did have to make real sacrifices.

I know a statement like this gives a certain type of person a hard-on because they really like talking about how bad the “bad people” are, but it’s garbage coming from a person in Macron’s position. Those people refusing to take the vaccine is a tragedy, not an opportunity for him to jerk himself off in public.

Last edited:
Not really sure what any of that is about.

The class divide on both the desire for and the impact of lockdowns was stark. It’s easy for someone like Macron or myself to be comfortable with a stay at home order because it doesn’t mean losing my job and throwing my life into complete chaos. A politician that had to sacrifice absolutely nothing of substance saying “it’s your turn to stay at home” to likely the same class of people who have suffered is brain dead and shows a complete lack of empathy for the people who actually did have to make real sacrifices.

I know a statement like this gives a certain type of person a hard-on because they really like talking about how bad the “bad people” are, but it’s garbage coming from a person in Macron’s position. Those people refusing to take the vaccine is a tragedy, not an opportunity for him to jerk himself off in public.
It's not tragedy when someone decides to do something morally wrong, at least not any more than someone robbing a liquor store or getting in a car accident while speeding would be a tragedy. The real thing we're trying to address here, is that the people who threw fits about having to pause their employment situations are the ones who should be desiring a vaccine the most because it would help insure their futures. (Economically and physically) Instead, they're the lowest common denominator who are recirculating bogus propaganda amongst themselves. Propaganda that is actually going to prove detrimental to many of their livelihoods.

I think the "it's your turn to stay home" comment is directed at people who were advocating against, or outright ignoring, lockdown protocols and who still refuse to be vaccinated. Those who flaunt their disdain for cooperation. He's saying... "many people suffered the lockdowns (and the economic and health & safety sanctions that came along with them) to try and protect you and those you love from becoming ill. Now you're going to make (in all likelihood) a minimal contribution to society, or you're not going to benefit from our society anymore"... hence the governmental impositions.

It would be really nice if people would just realize that the vaccines don't work unless we get to a point where the virus variant they're effective against doesn't widely circulate anymore. So, by refusing the vaccine (unless you have a really, really, really good reason) you're actually putting everyone at further risk. It would be like everyone in a military unit wearing camouflage, except a couple grunts refuse to wear it because their religious beliefs tell them not to wear anything but tartan plaid. But then they go into a firefight and they're the first ones to get shot, and a couple of their comrades get shot while the enemies were shooting at the kilted bozos.

It's not tragedy when someone decides to do something morally wrong, at least not any more than someone robbing a liquor store or getting in a car accident while speeding would be a tragedy. The real thing we're trying to address here, is that the people who threw fits about having to pause their employment situations are the ones who should be desiring a vaccine the most because it would help insure their futures. (Economically and physically) Instead, they're the lowest common denominator who are recirculating bogus propaganda amongst themselves. Propaganda that is actually going to prove detrimental to many of their livelihoods.

I think the "it's your turn to stay home" comment is directed at people who were advocating against, or outright ignoring, lockdown protocols and who still refuse to be vaccinated. Those who flaunt their disdain for cooperation. He's saying... "many people suffered the lockdowns (and the economic and health & safety sanctions that came along with them) to try and protect you and those you love from becoming ill. Now you're going to make (in all likelihood) a minimal contribution to society, or you're not going to benefit from our society anymore"... hence the governmental impositions.

It would be really nice if people would just realize that the vaccines don't work unless we get to a point where the virus variant they're effective against doesn't widely circulate anymore. So, by refusing the vaccine (unless you have a really, really, really good reason) you're actually putting everyone at further risk. It would be like everyone in a military unit wearing camouflage, except a couple grunts refuse to wear it because their religious beliefs tell them not to wear anything but tartan plaid. But then they go into a firefight and they're the first ones to get shot, and a couple of their comrades get shot while the enemies were shooting at the kilted bozos.
Even if we pretended the Trump supporters were a much smaller minority than they are, this would be a fool's folly to expect it would go this way.

It would be really nice if people would just realize that the vaccines don't work unless we get to a point where the virus variant they're effective against doesn't widely circulate anymore.

This is not something that's even a remote possibility regardless of how excited people are about getting vaccinated. It's not smallpox. It's always going to mutate too fast and we'll always be playing catchup. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get vaccinated to slow things down a bit and reduce serious disease, but knocking it out of circulation via vaccine just was never going to happen even under best case scenarios. The point is to turn it into "just the flu" via vaccine and that's pretty much what's happening.

This is not something that's even a remote possibility regardless of how excited people are about getting vaccinated. It's not smallpox. It's always going to mutate too fast and we'll always be playing catchup. Doesn't mean we shouldn't get vaccinated to slow things down a bit and reduce serious disease, but knocking it out of circulation via vaccine just was never going to happen even under best case scenarios. The point is to turn it into "just the flu" via vaccine and that's pretty much what's happening.
Except the flu isn’t mutating into worse and worse variants these days. We’re still in the early days of mutations.

Aston:

Except the flu isn’t mutating into worse and worse variants these days. We’re still in the early days of mutations.

Tume:

Do we really have any evidence of that being true? We didn't have much warning that Delta was coming. It could be the last mutation or just one of many

Aston:

Tume:

Do we really have any evidence of that being true? We didn't have much warning that Delta was coming. It could be the last mutation or just one of many
TUMe, In all likelihood, the Delta variation is just one of many. We already have Lambda variant, Gamma Variant etc... The thing about known viral variants is they tend to get less deadly over long periods of time because they don't 'succeed' if they kill their host. My point was, that the Flu took 50+ years to stop developing variants that were more deadly than they were transmissible. (We had extremely deadly outbreaks up into the 1950's / 60's). It's going to take us a long time, and a bazillion variants to get to that point with Covid.

TUMe, In all likelihood, the Delta variation is just one of many. We already have Lambda variant, Gamma Variant etc... The thing about known viral variants is they tend to get less deadly over long periods of time because they don't 'succeed' if they kill their host. My point was, that the Flu took 50+ years to stop developing variants that were more deadly than they were transmissible. (We had extremely deadly outbreaks up into the 1950's / 60's). It's going to take us a long time, and a bazillion variants to get to that point with Covid.
Agree. Every person in the US could either be vaccinated or previously infected and there would still be billions of people across the globe yet to be vaccinated or infected. Billions of potential hosts in which to mutate. This virus is going to be around for awhile.

Agree. Every person in the US could either be vaccinated or previously infected and there would still be billions of people across the globe yet to be vaccinated or infected. Billions of potential hosts in which to mutate. This virus is going to be around for awhile.
I recognize that. But at least having heard immunity for a while in the US would allow us to start from ground 0 given a new variant rather furthering the issue with half our population.

I recognize that. But at least having heard immunity for a while in the US would allow us to start from ground 0 given a new variant rather furthering the issue with half our population.
One would think we’re getting close assuming the vaccine is effective. 56% of Americans older than 12 are now fully vaccinated. Another 20-25% of the unvaccinated are testing positive for antibodies. That get us to 75-80% of Americans over 12 protected and that number is climbing. Again…assuming the vaccine is effective.

One would think we’re getting close assuming the vaccine is effective. 56% of Americans older than 12 are now fully vaccinated. Another 20-25% of the unvaccinated are testing positive for antibodies. That get us to 75-80% of Americans over 12 protected and that number is climbing. Again…assuming the vaccine is effective.
Testing positive for antibodies doesn’t guarantee immunity or even symptom depression. Also 25% of 44% is only 11% of the total. So really we would only be at 63%, and that doesn’t count children under 12 who are spreaders of the virus as well.

Reactions: watu05
Testing positive for antibodies doesn’t guarantee immunity or even symptom depression. Also 25% of 44% is only 11% of the total. So really we would only be at 63%, and that doesn’t count children under 12 who are spreaders of the virus as well.
Thanks for the math lesson. I should know better then to add numbers while sitting at a stoplight driving home from my daughters soccer practice :) .

Reactions: astonmartin708
Finally a world leader taking charge...

French President Macron on vaccination requirements:

“I no longer have any intention of sacrificing my life, my time, my freedom and the adolescence of my daughters, as well as their right to study properly, for those who refuse to be vaccinated. This time you stay at home, not us."

In France, those who do not get vaccinated will no longer be able to go to restaurants, cafes (from the beginning of August), cinemas and museums (from July 21) and get on airplanes or trains (again from August). Alternatively, you will have to submit a negative test, which will no longer be free (49 euros for the PCR, 29 for the antigen). Macron then announced the vaccination obligation for medical personnel and for those who work in contact with fragile people. Since September 15, a nurse who has refused to be vaccinated will no longer be able to go to work and receive a salary.

"We cannot make those who have the civic sense to get vaccinated bear the burden of inconvenience," Macron said. "The restrictions will weigh on others, those who for reasons incomprehensible in the country of Louis Pasteur, science and the Enlightenment still hesitate to use the only weapon available against the pandemic, the vaccine."

"I am aware of what I am asking you," he said, "and I know that you are ready for this commitment. This is, in a sense, part of your sense of duty."

Afterwards, vaccination demand in France went up dramatically.

Ah so Macron’s not the a-hole, just the people celebrating the fake quote

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT