ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Tickets for Tulsa’s Winter and Spring Olympic Sports

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
TULSA, Okla. –– Due to continuing challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic, The University of Tulsa athletics department announced today that game tickets will not be sold for the sports of men's and women's soccer, volleyball and softball.

The majority of Tulsa’s men’s soccer, women’s soccer, volleyball and softball games, home and away, will be carried live on ESPN+.

A subscription to ESPN+ is available for purchase via ESPN.com or the ESPN app for iOS and Android devices. ESPN+ is offered at $5.99/month or $49.99/year. For more information go to plus.espn.com.

That’s cool. I’ll see TU compete live, outdoors, properly socially distanced, and absolutely safe in various visiting venues. Far safer than other congregated events on the TU campus. Feel free not to send me a solicitation for donations to offset the cost of your CoVid plans.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
Not to allow fans for soccer and softball is ridiculous. What rational basis are they claiming for this decision?
Pure speculation but I would guess they studied the cost of distancing and determined that enforcing that would exceed the gate revenue.

Meanwhile TU plays outdoors tonight at UCF. Tickets on sale.

I'm sure you could just pull up a lawn chair and cooler on 6th Street and not be bothered.

Not to allow fans for soccer and softball is ridiculous. What rational basis are they claiming for this decision?
Seriously I don’t get the soccer thing. There’s plenty of room at Hardesty for fans. Designate where they can sit in the stands and then allow people to bring their own lawn chairs and sit around the field at intervals.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT