ADVERTISEMENT

UConn

They're pretty good on defense. Their offense has something to be desired. Shirreffs has been starting QB for a couple of years now. The RBs are usually good. They are inconsistent from game to game.

They beat Temple 28-24 last week but Temple isn't that great this year following Rhule's departure to Baylor.

They're pretty good on defense. Their offense has something to be desired. Shirreffs has been starting QB for a couple of years now. The RBs are usually good. They are inconsistent from game to game.

They beat Temple 28-24 last week but Temple isn't that great this year following Rhule's departure to Baylor.

Baylor isn't doing too well under Rhule. I'm guessing he got a mammoth pay increase to jump to the Big 12 from Temple, but I think he dove heard first into a quagmire of :crap: by doing so. Kinda wish he'd stayed. Was nice to see Temple games sell out where the Eagles play and bring that level of fan support and game awareness to the AAC. Coin toss on who wins this game?

You have to live a game with the QBs being the Sheriff, the President and the Skipper. Do they have a Nigel Pope as a backup?

What do we know about these guys? I don't think we've ever played them before.

I haven't followed them closely this season, the last two years they've been a decent to strong defensive team with little to no offense. Not sure if that holds true this season or not though.

I haven't followed them closely this season, the last two years they've been a decent to strong defensive team with little to no offense. Not sure if that holds true this season or not though.
It's about the same although the level of suck their offense is and the level of good their defense is has centralized some. They're a smidge better on offense than they have traditionally been and not quite as good on defense.

From what I can remember in past years they've had a LB and a pass rusher or 2 that have been really good and then some CBs that have been pretty decent. Not sure about this year. The game vs Temple was damn near unwatchable it was so boring for so long. UCONN had 244 total yards in that game. Temple had 473 and lost. Go figure.

Shirreff's keeps a lot of plays alive with his legs but his decision making and throwing ability is not the greatest.

UCONN is 2-4 right now. They squeaked by Holy Cross (FCS school) 27-20, and squeaked by Temple who struggles on offense. They've given up 198 pts in their 4 losses (avg. of nearly 50 ppg) against Virginia, ECU, SMU, and Memphis. None of those teams were particularly great running the ball (Memphis and SMU did each put up over 200 yds rushing) but they all were able to throw the ball effectively and completed about 75% of their passes each. The QBs from ECU and Memphis each put up around 400 yds (Shirreffs put up 400 vs ECU himself).

They threw money at Rhett Lashlee to run the offense. Expect a Gus package with some modifications. Lashlee has been working for Malzahn since he was a seven grade ballboy. This is his first year on his own, iirc.

They threw money at Rhett Lashlee to run the offense. Expect a Gus package with some modifications. Lashlee has been working for Malzahn since he was a seven grade ballboy. This is his first year on his own, iirc.
Had no idea Lashlee went to UCONN. And I can't remember if this is year one or two for the Edsall reboot. He was the one that got them to their BCS bowl game (where they got hammered) before running to Maryland for some $$$.

Actually, UConn is ranked 125th on defense just four spots above us. East Carolina is now last in D1.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT