ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN & Temple

GoldandBlew

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Mar 11, 2005
Both teams are trailing tonight, Temple to Bucknell and UCONN to ASU. Mike Aresco (AAC Chairman) was on the Tim Brando show this morning and said he was sure Temple was in and had the chance to get UCONN in the the Big Dance. He didn't mention Tulsa as an option but did say we had a good coach. I was pissed because we finished second and swept Temple but what can you do? Anyway, hope both Temple and UCONN lose tonight to show Aresco that his allegiance is misguided.

Wouldn't hurt to be against Old Dominion, I believe they are on our side of the bracket.
This post was edited on 3/18 7:58 PM by TUMe

Temple wins, UConn bounced and hopefully Boatright goes pro. Not a fan of UConn or its built-in advantages.

Old Dom wins by 9 over the 8 seed Charleston Southern, Frank Underwood's second favorite team.

Originally posted by mcane:
Not a fan of UConn or its built-in advantages.

Is the tournament always going to be there or will it move around?

I believe the AAC tourney is in Orlando the next 2 years and then up for bid. Memphis, as much as I hate giving UM a home court advantage, makes the most sense as it is geographically central to the majority of the conference schools.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I'm surprised with how much more visibly pouty/whiny Uconn was than anyone else in the league.

The espn love fest got old fast.

Originally posted by TU_BLA:
I believe the AAC tourney is in Orlando the next 2 years and then up for bid. Memphis, as much as I hate giving UM a home court advantage, makes the most sense as it is geographically central to the majority of the conference schools.

+1 ........... and the City of Memphis probably has the best fans in the conference. I am not a real big fan of built-in advantages playing this tournament on another schools home court, but I understand the need for the attendence.

Other than destination, I think Orlando will be a complete bust, especially once UCF gets bounced in the quarterfinals.

I think Philly would be a more ideal NE destination, it has alot of basketball history, and Temple is not the main attraction. Hold the play-in games and the quarterfinals at the historic Palestra and the semi-final and championship at Wells Fargo Center.

TX

Tulsa should bid. First class arena. If it is good enough for NCAA it is good enough for AAC.

Sorry,
I believe the play in games as well as the quarter finals games
should B played @ the higher seeds home court.

Since the AAC insist on a Sunday final,
plenty of time 2 offer a weekend semi/final game
package on Saturday/Sunday @ whatever neutral venue.

NASHVILLE

Nashville is pretty darn cool.

I would also go for San Antonio, Birmingham, Charleston, Washington DC, Baltimore... really pick any City in the Central or Eastern time zone other than a conference school's turf.

The SEC tourney is in Nashville. Rooms were inflated up to $900+ last weekend.

No thanks.

I think it needs to be in a home city for one of the schools that will support bball well in general. We're kidding ourselves if we think a bunch of fans are traveling, especially if you think your team will be playing in the NCAA.

The problems with Memphis were that they did not attempt to create a neutral court environment at all (TU did when it hosted), no one went to the other games, and the paper bashed the league constantly. It's a fun city, but no thanks.

What about Dallas? Easy for everyone to fly to, it's in driving distance of four or five schools in the league, and they aren't going to turn down your money.

I think Dallas is a great option.

A lot of people are in love with the idea of Nola but I don't see that bringing local support at all.

I would like to see it in Louisville. Great basketball fans and they don't hold conference tournaments there. Good geographic proximity as well

Kansas City - The American Athletic Conference Tournament and BBQ Cook Off!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT