ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN Game Thread...

I've seen enough. Game is over.

Will check back and hope I'm wrong, but I can't watch this anymore.

Good lord. 5-0 run in the first minute. They hit a three Shaq gets blocked they run out for a layup. Did my TV go back to the start of the game??

We need some energy.

Shaq leaves #5 open again....he hits a 3 pointer again. Shaq drives in to Brimah again & gets blocked again.

Our perimeter D is pathetic.

That said... this Season comes down to defending home court. MUST win remaining HOME games.

PS. Shaq and Woodard need to play like men.

Dre is not a post in no way or form. In this case you can't make a forward into a post.

A deer looking into headlights has a better chance than we do right now!

We have looked like a high school team the last two games on national TV. We won't get an invite to the NIT at this rate.

Haith should just clear the bench and put the starters on the sidelines...

Maybe those guys would at least try to play...

Tony Heard played the low post stronger than Wright.

Seriously.... I have seen Heard post up more in 2 years than Dre in 3 and 9 inches shorter.

Wright with his signature move. Pump fake, wait for the defense to get set, jump up and throw it into the defenders hands and then fall to the floor hoping for a foul. Sad.

Checking back in. Nearly doubled up in the second half.

NCAA died today. Still a chance, but dwindling.

Win the conference tourny = NCAA

After this showing everything else is off the table, unless we are able to regroup...

The smu lost revealed all of our weaknesses to our opponents...

They play us the way smu did and they will win...

We are playing terrible basketball.

Play the bench.

Haith should regret not playing more Littlejohn earlier this year. He could be one of our best scorers that never got a chance.

TK should play in front of Wright.

Need to defend homecourt. Must win out at home.

They are playing a tight inside game, everyone is now against us not allowing penetration. Littlejohn is not the answer!

This post was edited on 2/12 7:42 PM by t-townpod

TU has played the whole game the way they played the first 3 minutes...

SAD!!!

Dear God, Richie Cunninghaam just got a rebound for UCONN. Pretty sure they dressed him out at half knowin he would get to play.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Not much to say about this one. Starting Wednesday, we will know whether this was just a slump or the beginning of a meltdown. Six games left. TU needs to win the home games and at least one of the remaining two road games. None will be easy even if the team is playing well.

Everyone played except Littlejohn...weird deal. Pitiful performance. UConn scored the first 10 points of the game and we never threatened. Need to get it together. Can't lose another game other than SMU.

No team can win shooting 30% from the field on a regular basis. We have to be in the 40+ range to get back on track. That means a better midrange game and getting more from Woodard and somebody else, maybe Ray.

UConn guard play exceptional. TU s guard play must have had a chat with Houdini before the game. TU has been measured and now the whole league knows how to defend them. Inside play is marshmellow soft (theres not a tough hombre in the bunch) and Woodward is in a complete funk down the stretch. Bad time for the downward spiral,

We have not played well since Memphis. Our shooting continues to get worse and teams know how to stop our dribble penetration.

Originally posted by t-townpod:

We have not played well since Memphis. Our shooting continues to get worse and teams know how to stop our dribble penetration.
+1 on the since Memphis. I have been grumbling to myself louder after each & every game, wondering if we were in a slump, or if "how to play us" had just been figured out, & we just had no answer &/or adjustment. We are extremely lucky to have pulled four wins out of that segment of our schedule, & considering the weakness of that segment of our schedule, that is definitely saying something.

Really starting to make last years run look more like a fluke than a repeatable result.

Wow.

Quality of competition is quite a bit different this year... Trade southern miss, middle Tennessee and la tech for smu, uconn and Cincinnati (plus temple and Memphis). There is really no comparison.

Sorry folks but UCONN is not a very good team and they did not show me anything that changes my mind on that last night. They are ok to average at best. We be suckin right now.

I've been critical of Wright all year...

However, in his defense, he's just not an inside player offensively...

Due to his size, assumed athletic ability, and TU's shortage of skilled inside depth, he is forced to play on the post.

He has a better outside stroke than most of our team. I would much rather see him shoot a jumper than watch him awkwardly try to post up and make a move to the basket. Not good. He could realistically be called for a legitimate charge everytime.

This post was edited on 2/13 11:28 AM by hotterthanyourhusbandTU

Originally posted by t-townpod:

We have not played well since Memphis.

My thought exactly. We need to return to our early-mid January mode. Our poor shooting seems to be leading to tentative offense, which is now bleeding over to tentative defense. I know the flu bug & injuries to Ray & Harrison also contributed to our recent decline.

Who knows, maybe this group plays best as under appreciated underdogs.

If we don't return to early January form, we will be in the NIT.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT