ADVERTISEMENT

UCONN at Tulsa game thread

We'll see just how low this can go tonight.
A loss tonight probably means 4-5 conference wins max.
A win means they are still on track for .500 in conference.
That said... UCONN has a ton more talent. But, Tulsa is very good at home.
I expect Tulsa to win. But, if they lose... it's gonna get a lot more ugly until the inevitable happens --- which won't be for a while for reasons only Tulsa would tolerate/permit/allow/stomach/endure....

Going to need that hard nose frantic defense pretty soon if we want to cruise to victory.

But we may make it to the 4 minute TO without a line change!

Ugly
Will come down to last minute...
Free throws will be key.

Very below average AAC teams

We are going to be in trouble if we don’t quit leaving the right baseline WIDE open every time down. They won’t miss that forever

Tulsa has a ton of shots altered
That is athleticism.

Jackson gives Tulsa a little more "athlete" on the floor. I like that.

I like it when Taplin, Korita and Scott are not on the floor together. Inserting Jackson or Joiner works better.

Had no idea Hurley such a cocky guy

He’s a typical yankee, just like his father. Loud mouthed and arrogant, on the bench. That being said the Hurley family are great people from everything I’ve read about them. There’s a couple books about his father, I’ve read em all.

We’ve played pretty good except that few minutes of street ball where we were turning it over. Horne has been hot and I hope he can keep it up.

Scott?!?!?!?!
Horn is red hot and wide open and you put up a contested shot. WTF?!?
Exactly what I was thinking.

Our most effective 5 has been Igbanu/Horne/Joiner/Jackson/ add a 5th player here

Do we think Jackson has been hurt? I just thought he was getting pushed out by Zeke. He’s more effective defensively, he sees the floor really well, and he can take the ball to the basket against almost anyone. His outside shot is limited but even the one he took looked to be much better form and in control.

Hopefully Haith doesn’t see what Horne is doing and try to change the starting lineup. We finally have a rhythm to the sub pattern and Haith is more willing to leave the hot hand on the floor.

I’m late to turning on the game am I correct that Horne and Igbanu have combined for 25 of our 32 points?

I’m late to turning on the game am I correct that Horne and Igbanu have combined for 25 of our 32 points?
Sounds about right. UCONN has been reluctant to bring the physical double on Igbanu and he’s eating their big men alive with his footwork

Horne is playing possessed!! Love it if this is the new norm. A real outside threat

Holy Jeriah Batman! Get that poor UCONN player some crutches after that ankle breaking spin

I'm so used to big man of years past wanting to spin like that and just assumed it was a travel... was very surprised to hear the announcers getting so excited about it.

Saw a rarity, 2 TU players (Jeffries & Jackson) with their hands over the rim while going for an offensive rebound. Horne made the short bank shot, so there was no offensive rebound opportunity, but it was still nice to see!

I think attacking the offensive glass was a point of emphasis in practice this week.

Why is UCONN not doubling Igbanu???
I’m surprised that UCONN hasn’t gone to a little more zone. Honestly, Horne is the only one that has really hit anything from distance, everything else has been getting to the rim which everyone from TU who has tried has been able to do. Tells me UCONN isn’t a great defensive team in terms of fundamentals.

One thing I notice is they don’t have as many big “swatters” as Cincy.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Our most effective 5 has been Igbanu/Horne/Joiner/Jackson/ add a 5th player here

Do we think Jackson has been hurt? I just thought he was getting pushed out by Zeke. He’s more effective defensively, he sees the floor really well, and he can take the ball to the basket against almost anyone. His outside shot is limited but even the one he took looked to be much better form and in control.

Hopefully Haith doesn’t see what Horne is doing and try to change the starting lineup. We finally have a rhythm to the sub pattern and Haith is more willing to leave the hot hand on the floor.
I think frank agreed
Scott got yanked soon after

He’s a typical yankee, just like his father. Loud mouthed and arrogant, on the bench. That being said the Hurley family are great people from everything I’ve read about them. There’s a couple books about his father, I’ve read em all.

That may be true, but he’s acting like an ass on the sideline.

Bad lineup w korita Scott and tap in at same time
And yet the lead is larger than it was at halftime and Korita going to the line for 3 FTs. We’re moving the ball effectively and UCONN is now sagging low to keep Igbanu from doing Igbanu things. This has opened up Scott and Korita for the kick outs.

We are doing a nice job on the defensive boards and that’s part of the difference in the game

Tulsa is a good team. They have such a small margin of error. When we take care of the ball and don’t get crushed on the boards we will have chances to be a great team.

Very very small margin of error.

Tulsa is a good team. They have such a small margin of error. When we take care of the ball and don’t get crushed on the boards we will have chances to be a great team.

Very very small margin of error.
Agreed. And we need to hit FTs as part of that small margin.

Reactions: soccrcubs7
Mind blowing call on Taplin just as I turn the game on

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT