ADVERTISEMENT

UCF/Cincinnati/Houston Officially Gone

TUcandoit

I.T.S. Senior
Gold Member
Sep 17, 2011
It's official, Big12 has officially accepted.. Now can we get Cincinnati off the forums!!!

Last edited:
For someone who grew up in Cincinnati, loved UC growing up. The Reds and Bengals are still my favorite teams in pro sports.....I absolutely hate UC now, their fan base completely ruined my love for that school.

Eh, we'll all be in the same conferecne...AGAIN...in 5-6 years. Let's just hope we don't continue the charade of paying exit fees and entrance fees to only play games against all the same teams we were playing before. The leadership at those schools is so short sighted and now focused. It costs them MILLIONS of dollars

Reactions: HuffyCane
Eh, we'll all be in the same conferecne...AGAIN...in 5-6 years. Let's just hope we don't continue the charade of paying exit fees and entrance fees to only play games against all the same teams we were playing before. The leadership at those schools is so short sighted and now focused. It costs them MILLIONS of dollars
Hope you’re correct. My fear is those schools along with the Big12 schools who won’t find homes will add schools come 2025 and Tulsa won’t be on that list. The Big12 or whatever they call it will now be the surviving conference and not the AAC. Which is one of the reasons this move was made. Bowlsby is a moron but in the end he did (will) win as far as the surviving entity is concerned.

Value of B12 will be amazingly low when next TV contract comes out. Some athletic departments better get their affairs in order!!! Yes the AAC schools will get more than AAC but old B12 schools going to take it in the shirts.

Hope you’re correct. My fear is those schools along with the Big12 schools who won’t find homes will add schools come 2025 and Tulsa won’t be on that list. The Big12 or whatever they call it will now be the surviving conference and not the AAC. Which is one of the reasons this move was made. Bowlsby is a moron but in the end he did (will) win as far as the surviving entity is concerned.

Last time we got the call up we had won ten games four times in the previous 7 years in football, finished second in basketball a bunch of times. Tulsa just squeezed in an NCAA trip and had been to an elite 8/multiple NCAA's the previous twelve years. We had an increasing fan base and had just updated lots of stuff.

Our location was an advantage as was our relationships with Tulane (who has passed us now) and SMU along with a growing Navy relationship.

It is likely two of those schools and maybe all three may be non-starter for the Big Xii. Our basketball has lost some shine, our football just lost to an FCS team and has two winning seasons in the last seven years. We are at least a decade behind our competition for spots in facilities, our location has little to benefit it in the future structure, we are small and private, I expect us to fall well below the 10k in actual attendance average, and probably under 15k in announced. We have (appropriately) one of the smaller budgets and basically zero NIL attraction, which is tied to our winning or rather lack of.

We have a solid viewership rating.

The administration over the last five years has hamstrung this Athletic Department, our best non-revenue sport had its coach leave to be an assitant at a big Xii institution is probably the biggest example of why we have zero chance of moving. Now when teams like USF and Memphis prepare to sprint and put themselves in position to keep up, Tulsa starts a lap down on a bum leg, with terrible race conditions making a come back even less likely.

Its gonna be a very rough ride and I see little reason to have any faith in the current Athletic Department leaders to manage little more than platitudes and asking for patience. By 2030 the separation between the top 80 or so schools will be complete and Tulsa will have moved from being in at the start of the decade to struggling to try and not fall out of the lower group to FCS.

Reactions: AvsRick
Last time we got the call up we had won ten games four times in the previous 7 years in football, finished second in basketball a bunch of times. Tulsa just squeezed in an NCAA trip and had been to an elite 8/multiple NCAA's the previous twelve years. We had an increasing fan base and had just updated lots of stuff.

Our location was an advantage as was our relationships with Tulane (who has passed us now) and SMU along with a growing Navy relationship.

It is likely two of those schools and maybe all three may be non-starter for the Big Xii. Our basketball has lost some shine, our football just lost to an FCS team and has two winning seasons in the last seven years. We are at least a decade behind our competition for spots in facilities, our location has little to benefit it in the future structure, we are small and private, I expect us to fall well below the 10k in actual attendance average, and probably under 15k in announced. We have (appropriately) one of the smaller budgets and basically zero NIL attraction, which is tied to our winning or rather lack of.

We have a solid viewership rating.

The administration over the last five years has hamstrung this Athletic Department, our best non-revenue sport had its coach leave to be an assitant at a big Xii institution is probably the biggest example of why we have zero chance of moving. Now when teams like USF and Memphis prepare to sprint and put themselves in position to keep up, Tulsa starts a lap down on a bum leg, with terrible race conditions making a come back even less likely.

Its gonna be a very rough ride and I see little reason to have any faith in the current Athletic Department leaders to manage little more than platitudes and asking for patience. By 2030 the separation between the top 80 or so schools will be complete and Tulsa will have moved from being in at the start of the decade to struggling to try and not fall out of the lower group to FCS.
Anyone have any insight into how Brad Carson feels about sports? Does he think they add value? How about the Kaiser, are sports part of the new university as social change agent model? I'm not sure anyone cares except the people on this board.

For those of us on the pay board there have been some encouraging discussions about Carson and sports.

Reactions: Tulsafanzz
AAC will invite four replacements everyone will be fine.

New B-12 will make less money as will the new AAC.

GO TU!!!!

I am not worried about which conference Tulsa will be in, I am more worried about the University doors beging open when the next realignment happens...

Anyone have any insight into how Brad Carson feels about sports? Does he think they add value?
I don’t know if he likes sports himself, but as a president he understands the value and importance of athletics for a successful university.

What are the odds we can bring in Army and Air Force in this realignment? I don’t know all the ins and out of their current conference situations, but I would love to see us embrace the “American” brand even more. Plus, I’ve got to think those schools have good national fan bases to draw from.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT