ADVERTISEMENT

UC Davis Game Thread

If I had to pick one sequence of events that stood out last night, it was #90 jumping offsides for 5 yards then lollygagging over to the sideline and getting another 5 yards for being too slow.

Stuff like that loses games.

Things like that are about the discipline the coaching staff instills

Reactions: Bill Lowery
If the university isn’t going to take this seriously then I’m not spending my money to watch this crap. Get a new coach Tulsa! The fans have been saying it for the last 4 years

Reactions: TUGrad06
I’m going to add to that post. We were the worst Penalized team for the last two years… then the fight happens. Why Tulsa didn’t make a coaching change after that fight, I have no idea🤷‍♂️ that gave them perfect grounds for termination with cause but For whatever reason Tulsa elected to keep Monty… that loss (last night) potentially cost Tulsa 5 to 6000 fans every game in a year that Tulsa really needed a repeat of last season… we are potentially seeing the collapse of Tulsa football and it makes me sick.

I’ll add even more. I’ve gone to the bowl games, followed Tulsa everywhere, sat through all the bad weather and stayed until the last seconds ticked off the clock even when we were getting smoked and I’ve never been in a place emotionally with Tulsa football like I am right now. I’m really not a fan of Monty at all.

We can all turn our lives around. I think of John Newton's Amazing Grace story. Art Briles should have that option.
I don't believe putting someone back into the exact same position where they shattered a whole bunch of young lives is the answer. If he wants to turn his life around, he can do it but not from a head coach position ever again. He shattered too many lives to ever get that honor again.

I can’t take this UH color commentator
Freakin’ horrible. Dude obviously couldn’t read coming out of Houston. Hell, Golden Hurricane is embedded in the turf all the was across the end zones, and I didn’t see any typos in the media guide. Idiot!

Reactions: TU 1978
I don't believe putting someone back into the exact same position where they shattered a whole bunch of young lives is the answer. If he wants to turn his life around, he can do it but not from a head coach position ever again. He shattered too many lives to ever get that honor again.
Add publicly assumes no responsibility for any of that dumpster fire he had burning at Baylor. There’s a lot of blame to go around for that mess. You’d think he’d man up and accept responsibility for his part if he wanted a chance of forgiveness.

This is sad to watch... reminds me of some of the Radar teams after the HYPER program was scrapped. I see on the board there were some suspensions before the game, transfers of key players, and typical mostly miss or hit play calling. I'll check back in at the halfway mark to see if the school is still afloat 🤠
Your correct, but Rader didn’t have anywhere near the resources available to him that Monty has.

A decent head coach -
  • wouldn’t have the continuing discipline problems
  • would have not disciplined all players during the same game
  • would have fought against suspending any players and been backed by his AD

A decent head coach -
  • wouldn’t have the continuing discipline problems
  • would have not disciplined all players during the same game
  • would have fought against suspending any players and been backed by his AD
I agree with the first 2...The last one I vehemently disagree with. A good coach would absolutely suspend his players and not let them get away with that crap. A bad coach sweeps it under the rug.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I agree with the first 2...The last one I vehemently disagree with. A good coach would absolutely suspend his players and not let them get away with that crap. A bad coach sweeps it under the rug.
You were supposed to pick one. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: TUcandoit
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT