ADVERTISEMENT

UC Davis Appearance Fee

Babe the Blue Ox

I.T.S. Defensive Coordinator
Oct 3, 2001
UC Davis was originally scheduled to play USC this weekend. The Trojans canceled the game under pressure from alumni and boosters as they had never played an FCS team before and many wanted that streak to continue.

Since not enough advance notice was given, USC was contractually obligated to pay Davis their full $725k appearance fee.

We then stepped in and scheduled the game with Davis, earning them an additional $400k from us.

That’s good money for an FCS team.

FAMU charges $500,00 for the team, $650,000 if they bring the band. And the band’s tickets come out of the home allotment, including free tickets for up to 100 chaperones.

The best UC Davis has to offer.... For more than a half-century, UC Davis Continuing and Professional Education has brought world-class winemaking education courses to the Sacramento region and beyond. Professional and aspiring viticulturists and enologists, grape growers and other wine industry professionals, together with home and commercial winemakers and cellar workers, have all benefited from the unparalleled expertise offered by UC Davis' Winemaking program. We bring the knowledge and experience of faculty members of the world-renowned UC Davis Department of Viticulture and Enology and industry experts to our courses.

Reactions: quincy101
As a wine snob I’ll drink to a Davis loss. My UC administrator friend - a TU grad - not naming the friend or campus - says Davis is and was famous for its cannabis culture as well as viniculture.

She is a die hard OU fan but is more interested in our game this weekend.

Such a shame that Sonoma & Napa plus other counties have had some, if not all, of their vineyards and facilities destroyed by wildfires. Not to mention smoke taint from nearby fires on existing stocks and the beauty of the area to visit. As a "wine snob" also, I have no choice but to switch to the French stuff (if I can afford any of it).

Such a shame that Sonoma & Napa plus other counties have had some, if not all, of their vineyards and facilities destroyed by wildfires. Not to mention smoke taint from nearby fires on existing stocks and the beauty of the area to visit. As a "wine snob" also, I have no choice but to switch to the French stuff (if I can afford any of it).
I don't like most wine...not even a little. But I did enjoy the vineyard tours we took when we vacationed in SF in 2004. My favorite was Korbel in the Russian River valley near Sebastopol. Free tastings...unlimited tastings and who knew they made more than just the Brut variety you commonly find in the stores around here. Their Natural variety was my favorite. My wife was partial to the Chardonnay champagne variety.

We also visited Mumm which had the Ansel Adams photo gallery. A hole in the wall on a side road that no one really knows about (might be called Frank's). We also visited Sutter Home (save yourself the time) and the Coppola (really cool movie museum). There was also a place we stopped that had it's own deli and made homemade cured meats and cheeses and when you picked out what you were going to have, a sommelier would suggest a wine pairing and then you took your stuff outside and hade a picnic. They even provided you with a basket and blanket if you wanted.

I don't like most wine...not even a little. But I did enjoy the vineyard tours we took when we vacationed in SF in 2004. My favorite was Korbel in the Russian River valley near Sebastopol. Free tastings...unlimited tastings and who knew they made more than just the Brut variety you commonly find in the stores around here. Their Natural variety was my favorite. My wife was partial to the Chardonnay champagne variety.

We also visited Mumm which had the Ansel Adams photo gallery. A hole in the wall on a side road that no one really knows about (might be called Frank's). We also visited Sutter Home (save yourself the time) and the Coppola (really cool movie museum). There was also a place we stopped that had it's own deli and made homemade cured meats and cheeses and when you picked out what you were going to have, a sommelier would suggest a wine pairing and then you took your stuff outside and hade a picnic. They even provided you with a basket and blanket if you wanted.
Always enjoyed the old MVC Tourney trips to St. Louis when I was a young guy. Felt very cultured touring and tasting on the Anheiser Busch facility tour.

• Haha
Reactions: TU_BLA
Always enjoyed the old MVC Tourney trips to St. Louis when I was a young guy. Felt very cultured touring and tasting on the Anheiser Busch facility tour.
We did that before my wedding. Guys all went to the brewery and drank lots of free samples at 11am.

UC Davis was originally scheduled to play USC this weekend. The Trojans canceled the game under pressure from alumni and boosters as they had never played an FCS team before and many wanted that streak to continue.

Since not enough advance notice was given, USC was contractually obligated to pay Davis their full $725k appearance fee.

We then stepped in and scheduled the game with Davis, earning them an additional $400k from us.

That’s good money for an FCS team.
we paid $400k for an utter embarrassment? lordy. that could've gone to monty's buyout.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT