ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Smith

From the FWAA: Tulsa left tackle Tyler Smith started all eight games for a team that was picked eighth in its conference but closed playing for The American title. Tulsa's last Freshman All-American came in 2018 with linebacker Zaven Collins, this year's Bronko Nagurski Trophy winner as the nation's top defensive player.

Like I said in a previous post .... we need to enjoy every second of watching him in a Tulsa uniform next year as it may be his last. He will be NFL eligible ......

Like I said in a previous post .... we need to enjoy every second of watching him in a Tulsa uniform next year as it may be his last. He will be NFL eligible ......
I assume he could leave, despite the fact that he will still be a Sophomore. Nobody's class changes next year iirc. I'm pretty sure they would let a sophomore declare with the extra year from covid essentially making him a junior in reality.

Reactions: Sbellini
I was wrong, he won't even be a sophomore next year. He'll still be a redshirt freshman.(present classification) I guess he didn't play enough last year to qualify for anything but a redshirt year. I thought he played in more than 3-4 games, guess not.

Classification doesn’t matter. NFL rules state in order to be draft eligible you have to be 3 yrs out of HS. Maurice Clarett challenged this many years ago and lost as the court said any business has the right to set its requirements to be eligible to work there.

Reactions: HuffyCane
Classification doesn’t matter. NFL rules state in order to be draft eligible you have to be 3 yrs out of HS. Maurice Clarett challenged this many years ago and lost as the court said any business has the right to set its requirements to be eligible to work there.
Yeah I, remembered it was something like that not too long after I posted it. But I left my phone at the house 🏠 and couldn't take it down. It's amazing how quickly he adjusted to the college game. He was ready to go almost from the start.

He really was. He will be three years out of HS so he would be eligible. He is an amazing kid off the field as well. I would not be surprised if he went to the NFL sooner then later.

Which has led to some interesting results, including a guy that went to Iraq for two years, got administratively discharged, played a year at some HBC and was drafted in the lower rounds. And then there was that German guy who was like 26 or 27 with one season of German football who declared but there were no takers. He did get workouts.

Which has led to some interesting results, including a guy that went to Iraq for two years, got administratively discharged, played a year at some HBC and was drafted in the lower rounds. And then there was that German guy who was like 26 or 27 with one season of German football who declared but there were no takers. He did get workouts.
Eric Swann, if memory serves me, was the last player to not play college football at all (that wasn't a converted soccer or basketball player), to do anything at all. He had grade issues coming out of HS and played in some off shoot semi-pro league for a couple years. Ended up being a 1st rounder for the Cardinals on DL.

Eric Swann, if memory serves me, was the last player to not play college football at all (that wasn't a converted soccer or basketball player), to do anything at all. He had grade issues coming out of HS and played in some off shoot semi-pro league for a couple years. Ended up being a 1st rounder for the Cardinals on DL.
You’re showing your age. Hagagaga I forgot about that guy. Which shows my age too.

You’re showing your age. Hagagaga I forgot about that guy. Which shows my age too.
I remember him because I got the Boston Globe every day my first couple of years at BU and they ran a huge story about him playing for the semi-pro team in Lynn, MA and his draft prospects. And I had recently been spending a lot of time in Lynn and at the Manning Bowl rehearsing for the drum and bugle corps. If you've never been to Lynn, MA you're lucky. I would advise against it.

Been to Massachusetts once. Stopped off the interstate into an autozone parking lot to buy a headlight. Thereupon I was challenged to a fist fight. My confusion was apparently understood to be assent. I pissed blood for two days. When I want to do that again, I’ll go back.

Been to Massachusetts once. Stopped off the interstate into an autozone parking lot to buy a headlight. Thereupon I was challenged to a fist fight. My confusion was apparently understood to be assent. I pissed blood for two days. When I want to do that again, I’ll go back.
LOL. Do you know where in MA you were? If I had to guess, Brockton seems like a likely place. Or maybe Dorchester. Or maybe Southie. Those places were rough and most of the people who lived in those places knew instantly if you did not.

You must have a very punchable face. Kind of like Ted Cruz.

I can attest that in many places in MA, you don't need a punchable face to get punched.
Certainly doesn’t hurt my criminal defense though....

“Your honor..... have you seen the guy!?! I mean... just look at him! Tell me you don’t want to punch him too!”

If it was southie...maybe the guy asked him if he liked apples and he gave an inappropriate response?

Last edited:
Certainly doesn’t hurt my criminal defense though....

“Your honor..... have you seen the guy!?! I mean... just look at him! Tell me you don’t want to punch him too!”

If it was southie...maybe the guy asked him if he liked apples and he gave an inappropriate response?
tenor.gif

I GAHT HER NUMBAH!!

tenor.gif

I GAHT HER NUMBAH!!
Funny story, the community college Robin Williams' character taught at was Bunker Hill CC....yet another place the drum and bugle corps rehearsed. It's also where the Bunker Hill Day parade ended. Everyone talks about Southie's being rough...don't mess with a Townie. Charlestown was also home to some of the biggest rats in Boston.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT