ADVERTISEMENT

***TULSA WORLD POLL ON FIRING ********

I voted yes...only because "Hell yes!" wasn't on the ballot.

I'm sure a bunch of union sympathizers and folks who think he's a "good guy" are blindly voting for us to keep him.

The number of empty seats in the stadium last night was a pretty big vote to get rid of him.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I dont know anyone who goes to TU football games, or watches them, that thinks Bill should stay.

Everyone I know who is a Bill supporter still is a Union fan and a casual TU fan at best, generally wholly disinterested in TU football. A poll of my section and friends who go to TU games would be 95% in favor of change.

I coach for UYFA and I was wearing a TU jacket with a Union hat and was actually accused of being a BB supporter so yes, that sentiment is out there.

Where my tickets are at football games, there are more people that say BB deserves to be back next year than those that want him gone. no joke. I honestly think we might be in for a surprise.

My TU circle of friends is similar to Jesse's, with most everyone wanting a coaching change.

Not that it counts for anything, but the poll now shows almost 56% wanting a coaching change.

Actually it 's been easier to be a TU fan this year. Usually before a game I get tense and nervous. This year hasnt been that way.

I have some friends who are strong OU fans that had all their group vote to keep Bill. Kind of like asking us if they should fire Stoops and bring back John Blake. We would all vote for that.

1/3 of comments say keep him
1/3 says fire
1/3 says eliminate football or drop a division

Sad days. Never imagined multiple parties would be suggesting dropping football 4 years after BB tookover. Record time to drag a program to the doldrums?

Originally posted by JesseTU:
1/3 of comments say keep him
1/3 says fire
1/3 says eliminate football or drop a division

Sad days. Never imagined multiple parties would be suggesting dropping football 4 years after BB tookover. Record time to drag a program to the doldrums?
One of the drop down a division comments is from an admitted OSU fan. I would guess there are more people who are not actual TU football fans making those comments. It is one thing to say that to make a point that TU needs to provide more academic & financial commitments to the program, it is something else to actually support such an unwise move. I have never met an actual TU football fan that would suggest that.

I would suggest OSU leave the Big XII & join a football conference they can win outright more than once every 50 years. Of course, that would be as stupid as TU moving down a division & giving up our AAC conference membership.

This post was edited on 11/29 10:50 PM by Tulsafanzz

Crap or get off the pot... either commit to football or drop it. I'm sick of it personally. I never thought I'd feel this way but I actually do now.

Limit It to GHC donors and people who don't only post negative things.

Evidently winning 9 games a season is not acceptable. Some schools have over-estimated their place in the big scheme of things. It's almost as though they don't expect other schools to be trying. Pelini is a bit crazy but he's a good coach. A&M needs a DC and I'm sure Pelini will be contacted about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT