Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
media release...

Tulsa to Face Colorado State at BOK Center on Dec. 21

TULSA, Okla. — The Tulsa men’s basketball team will face Colorado State as part of the BOK Center Basketball Showdown doubleheader on Dec. 21, it was announced on Monday.

The event at Tulsa’s downtown arena also includes a matchup between Oklahoma State and Minnesota and tickets for the doubleheader start at just $15. Tickets go on sale to the public at 10 a.m. on Friday, June 14 and can be purchased online at www.bokcenter.com, while fans can buy tickets at the BOK Center Box Office starting on Monday, June 17.

The contest will not be part of the TU season-ticket package. Tipoff times and television details will be released when they become available at a later date.

The game will be the first between Tulsa and Colorado State since 1999, when the teams split a pair of meetings as members of the Western Athletic Conference. TU leads the all-time series, 3-2, with the first game between the programs coming back in 1961.

This will be the eighth time that the Golden Hurricane will have played in the BOK Center and the squad’s first contest in the building since 2013.

Tulsa returns three starters and six letterwinners from last year's team and the Hurricane will welcome one of the top recruiting classes in program history for the 2019-20 campaign. The group of returners is headlined by a frontcourt that features senior Martins Igbanu and junior Jeriah Horne, who registered as two of the squad's top three scorers and rebounders a season ago.

Meanwhile, Colorado State returns the nation’s leading rebounder from 2018-19 in redshirt-senior Nico Carvacho, who averaged 12.9 rebounds per game. He became just the second player in Mountain West history with 400 rebounds in a single season and currently ranks second in all-time rebounds in league history with 950. The Rams bring back four starters from last year’s squad and head coach Niko Medved is in his second year at the helm.

I’m looking forward to seeing the full schedule. We seem to know less this year than we did last year.

will TU have a designated section(s). Tickets go on sale this Friday morning and I would prefer not to sit in an OSU section.

Reactions: rusty-c and Gold*

Tulsa to Face Colorado State at BOK Center on 12/21/10

Tulsa returns three starters and six letterwinners from last year's team and the Hurricane will welcome one of the top recruiting classes in program history for the 2019-20 campaign. The group of returners is headlined by a front court that features senior Martins Igbanu and junior Jeriah Horne, who registered as two of the squad's top three scorers and rebounders a season ago.
Haith knows he is somewhat under the gun this season and next to do some
positive things with this program....

It seems to me that he finally has the players to do some good stuff if he uses
them properly....If KES is given a waiver, I think the count would be fourteen,
as Haywood will most likely red shirt.....

To me, that would be finding thru merit, the starting five, and limit substitutions
to those who are ready to play D-1 BB.....When games get out of hand one way
or the other, then you can do some experimenting.....

Players play better together when they get to play together for extended periods...
I've not seen much of that from Haith in the early OOC games....I'm not sure
what he is trying to prove with his five-at-a-time substitutes, including some
players that have not proven ready to play.....Every one seems confused by
this, and it has resulted in some embarrassing loses that came to haunt him
later in the season.....

I hope Haith doesn't screw this up.....There is a lot at stake for him, and the
program itself.....If he will play the players that deserve to play early in the
season, I will forgive him the rest of it.....

Haith knows he is somewhat under the gun this season and next to do some
positive things with this program....

It seems to me that he finally has the players to do some good stuff if he uses
them properly....If KES is given a waiver, I think the count would be fourteen,
as Haywood will most likely red shirt.....

To me, that would be finding thru merit, the starting five, and limit substitutions
to those who are ready to play D-1 BB.....When games get out of hand one way
or the other, then you can do some experimenting.....

Players play better together when they get to play together for extended periods...
I've not seen much of that from Haith in the early OOC games....I'm not sure
what he is trying to prove with his five-at-a-time substitutes, including some
players that have not proven ready to play.....Every one seems confused by
this, and it has resulted in some embarrassing loses that came to haunt him
later in the season.....

I hope Haith doesn't screw this up.....There is a lot at stake for him, and the
program itself.....If he will play the players that deserve to play early in the
season, I will forgive him the rest of it.....

This needs to be posted on the inside of Frank's windshield. It has cost us an NCAA berth a couple of times.

Reactions: seniorgolfer
So I was at the BOK Center this past weekend because a friend gave me tickets to a concert. While I was there, I saw the advertisement for this game and figured I would buy a couple of tickets on Monday morning. I found two seats together for $17 in section 108. Great price. I clicked purchase and found that the BOK Center is going to charge me $27 in fees! That's even with the free mobile ticket option! I don't remember these sort of fees the last time we played here. This is ridiculous! /end rant

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT