ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Temple Game Thread

At this point hand it off every down not so much for ball security but to get Brin through this game without aggravating his ankle. He still does not look right.

I want some ice cream, preferably Blue Bell.

If you took Temple and the points and bet the Under, its looking good for you now...

So I was at my kids football game yesterday so I just watched the game this morning. These are my observations.

1. Brin has not been the same QB since he got hurt in the Ole Miss Game.
2. The Offensive line is still not giving Brin the time to get the ball out. They are young and new and that is fine they will get better (hopefully with a new coach)
3. The interceptions by Brin were absolutely avoidable and were bad decisions by Brin himself.
4. We have a great running back room. Prince was phenomenal in Philly. Glad to see Bill Jackson back.
5. I really think Anderson is that Third and fourth down back and shouldnt be played on the early downs. The other backs have more agility (in my observation only) than Anderson but none of them can bust through a line like Anderson.
6. Up until about 9 minutes left of the 3rd quarter the Defense was doing really good especially the Corners. Excellent coverage.
7. I am getting really tired of Ethan Hall. The guy thinks he has a PHD in Thugonomics. Discipline apparently is not a thing.
8. We have great Wide Receivers. Terrible that we will lose at least 3 of them (Stokes, Santana and Epps)
9. Brin was under throwing these receivers. Glad the running game was going well.
10. I am torn between the fact I am happy that we won, but I am sad we didnt lose. I want the kids to do well but I also want us to not get bowl eligible so that hopefully the coach will be packing his bags.

Last but not Least

11. Congratulations to Keylon Stokes for Passing Howard Twilley on passing yards. We still have 5 games left so he can add to that.

Any school with 37,000 students should be able to beat a school with 3,700 students
Student enrollment matters for high school football, not FBS football.

Temple has more than 4 times as many students as Notre Dame……

So I was at my kids football game yesterday so I just watched the game this morning. These are my observations.

1. Brin has not been the same QB since he got hurt in the Ole Miss Game.
2. The Offensive line is still not giving Brin the time to get the ball out. They are young and new and that is fine they will get better (hopefully with a new coach)
3. The interceptions by Brin were absolutely avoidable and were bad decisions by Brin himself.
4. We have a great running back room. Prince was phenomenal in Philly. Glad to see Bill Jackson back.
5. I really think Anderson is that Third and fourth down back and shouldnt be played on the early downs. The other backs have more agility (in my observation only) than Anderson but none of them can bust through a line like Anderson.
6. Up until about 9 minutes left of the 3rd quarter the Defense was doing really good especially the Corners. Excellent coverage.
7. I am getting really tired of Ethan Hall. The guy thinks he has a PHD in Thugonomics. Discipline apparently is not a thing.
8. We have great Wide Receivers. Terrible that we will lose at least 3 of them (Stokes, Santana and Epps)
9. Brin was under throwing these receivers. Glad the running game was going well.
10. I am torn between the fact I am happy that we won, but I am sad we didnt lose. I want the kids to do well but I also want us to not get bowl eligible so that hopefully the coach will be packing his bags.

Last but not Least

11. Congratulations to Keylon Stokes for Passing Howard Twilley on passing yards. We still have 5 games left so he can add to that.
Brin - I wonder if he has a type of injury that won't get better with rest and might need a postseason surgery. Pure conjecture on my part. But he looks quite immobile.

I got distracted during the second half and never got back to this thread. When you look at the scoring the defense did very well. Only one score was on a long drive, the other two were a pick 6 and a turnover in TU territory that only resulted in a field goal. That does beg the question though, has the defense improved or is Temple just hapless on offense.

I got distracted during the second half and never got back to this thread. When you look at the scoring the defense did very well. Only one score was on a long drive, the other two were a pick 6 and a turnover in TU territory that only resulted in a field goal. That does beg the question though, has the defense improved or is Temple just hapless on offense.
After watching their qb, I would say they are hapless on offense

If you exclude their games against UMass, which is epically bad, and Lafayette whatever that is, they are averaging 7.5 points a game. They average about 260 yards per game without UMass and Lafayette and we gave them 280. So we were pretty much exactly average. So improved!

I would stop watching before ever pulling for my team to lose.

I had to do that with basketball when Wojcik was in charge. Pulled the plug and haven’t been back since.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT