ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa Spring Football Snapshot: Running Backs

He's talking like Warren qualified academically. That's pretty damn sweet. Can't believe he's talking up Taylor more than Warren unless he's really rusty. Brooks, Taylor, and Warren should be a really powerful running attack. Just hope the passing game comes close to matching up. If we can pass at least 40% against the running game we should get by just fine until 2019, when the passing game gets up to speed. Just hope Warren's eligibility holds for the second semester.

Unless something terrible happens to Ramadi's grades at the end of this semester, everything I've heard is he will be eligible.

Unless something terrible happens to Ramadi's grades at the end of this semester, everything I've heard is he will be eligible.
Sure hope this comes to fruition. Retaining and lossing a guy for two years due to academics is a huge risk and investment. Big bucks and resources have been invested so I hope there is a massive on field return for that investment. Let alone, there are kids that didn’t get a scholarship or are preferred walk ins that have been paying their own way.

We can argue the benefit of hanging with a kid when they have difficulty, and I’m usually first to hop on that. I also believe that if you screw me once share on you, but screw me twice shame on me....

So very many are just not college material(especially one as tough as TU), either through a pitiful public education that taught them nothing or a lack of brain power or both. I think Ramadi Warren is a hell of a story about working hard, sticking to it and finally getting to participate in football, not to mention a (potential) degree from a prestigious university.

I care not about the expense to TU-they can afford it-but I do give them credit for sticking with this young man. Maybe he'll inspire some kid in Memphis or here in Tulsa to do the same. And his life will certainly be better for having gone through it.

As a high school teacher, I can tell you that students will pass their high school classes if they put in the effort to do the work.

This will not necessarily prepare them for college, especially for a difficult university like TU. I've had good students come back and tell me how tough it was to adjust to TU.

When I was a student at TU, getting good grades was really difficult. I took classes at other schools as well, and my A work at those schools would have been B work in most of my TU classes.

I am very impressed that Ramadi has hung in there after two years of disappointment. I will especially be glad to see him back on the field this fall.

I've seen students have trouble making it at TU, then they mature and come back as teachers and great examples for their students.

I'm glad it appears that things are going to work out for the young man. I'm simply saying that if this doesn't pan out there's another kid that missed out on an opportunity, or he and his family likely amassed a hefty chunk of debt to gamble on earning a scholarship. Both are going to get a fantastic education at TU, and if it works out for Warren I hope he tells his story so we can all hear about the impact of perseverance and someone believing in him.

Either way, it’s a good recruiting sell to the moms and grandmas in the living rooms who don’t know who to trust and know deep down that their son isn’t committed to the books and needs someone who won’t discard him for next year’s four star bench player.

I'm glad we gave him the chance to get straight. I have no idea whether he will graduate or not, but keeping a guy in school instead of dropping him can mean an entirely different life

I sure hope he gets to see the field. I’m just glad he’s here. He could never play another down for TU, and I’d still be proud of Hard he’s worked and everything he’s done. It’s not easy, especially at Tulsa. The next chapter is icing on the cake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT