ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa shooting

Quit moving the goal posts. We are talking about murder. Specifically mass murder resulting from post op pain / treatment. I would be happy to visit statistics directly related to the mass murder of health care workers resulting from post op treatment of pain. Please provide those specific numbers.

Then there’s violence against voting place officials, violence against churches, post offices workers, teachers, children, minority groups……and on and on. The US has become the capital of “violence against”.

Then there’s violence against voting place officials, violence against churches, post offices workers, teachers, children, minority groups……and on and on. The US has become the capital of “violence against”.
So you believe the murder rate today is higher than 20 years ago? 10 years ago? 🐑🐑🐑🐑

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
So you believe the murder rate today is higher than 20 years ago? 10 years ago? 🐑🐑🐑🐑
What stuns me is there are people that try to find an excuse for the person that murdered 4 innocent people and try to find fault with innocent people. Dr Phillips was a well respected doctor and even went overseas to help as well, he would often come in on his days off to check on patients ( 2 of them being my family members )

We all can and should be outraged by gun violence and murders. However articles like this which imply gun violence / murders are increasing are disingenuous at best and an outright lie at worse. Do we need to do better … absolutely. Should we look at restrictions on buying high powered AR type weapns….yes. But let’s at least deal in facts when suggesting we’re seeing a significant rise in murders. We aren’t.

Reactions: HuffyCane
when you have no rebuttal, then attack the messager.
No, the rebuttal is so obvious I can't believe you're making that statement. The Democrats didn't have the #'s to do anything about it in the 90's. It didn't matter how hard they fought.

Last edited:
Reactions: TU 1978
No, the rebuttal is so obvious I can't believe you making that statement. The Democrats didn't have the #'s to do anything about it in the 90's. It didn't matter how hard they fought.
if new gun laws are/were that important. then you recruit members from the other side and create a bill that will pass.
its just easier for the dems to give up and Blame

Why does arming teachers to fight gunmen make sense when the police refuse to confront shooters despite being trained to do so?

How police response in Uvalde broke down
https://replica.seattletimes.com/po...?artguid=76ec9607-c708-4241-b224-05341792f0ed

”Rather than confront an actively shooting gunman immediately, as officers have been trained to do since the killings at Columbine High School near Denver in 1999, the ever-growing force of increasingly armed officers arriving at Robb Elementary held back for more than an hour.”

Why does arming teachers to fight gunmen make sense when the police refuse to confront shooters despite being trained to do so?

https://replica.seattletimes.com/po...?artguid=76ec9607-c708-4241-b224-05341792f0ed

”Rather than confront an actively shooting gunman immediately, as officers have been trained to do since the killings at Columbine High School near Denver in 1999, the ever-growing force of increasingly armed officers arriving at Robb Elementary held back for more than an hour.”
Makes me appreciate the Tulsa Police Department even more , took 3 min to respond , unfortunately lives had already been lost. Evil is a real thing , and we all better learn to protect ourselves or else we could be sitting ducks . Kind of makes your nervous to go to a movie or to a shopping center nowadays . We are living in different times unfortunately.

To add to my point, I do believe arming teachers would help, it’s insane to think that it is needed now , but think about it this way, you have a gunman break into a room with a teacher and a bunch of kids , instead of gunman making a blood bath, you have a trained teacher take him down as soon as he enters the room . 20 years ago, I wouldn’t be for arming teachers , but now , I almost feel like you have too. These are not the days of Mayberry anymore

I’ve never owned a gun but if we have or are reaching the point where law enforcement refuses to protect us against armed bad guys it might be time to reconsider. If I lived in Uvalde there is no doubt I would now own a firearm.

Last edited:
Reactions: HuffyCane
Makes me appreciate the Tulsa Police Department even more , took 3 min to respond , unfortunately lives had already been lost. Evil is a real thing , and we all better learn to protect ourselves or else we could be sitting ducks . Kind of makes your nervous to go to a movie or to a shopping center nowadays . We are living in different times unfortunately.
Sadly, Oklahoma didn’t invent active shooters, but they became famous for them in the 80’s. Then McVeigh. Oklahoma law enforcement trains for these events with a sense of urgency many departments lack and they have staff on duty to reinforce the need to take it seriously. Everyone in the community should be proud of them and not blink when they ask for a little help. Whether that’s a heavier tax bill or the courage to step forward as a witness if necessary.

Reactions: TULSARISING
I’ve never owned a gun but if we have or are reaching the point where law enforcement refuses to protect us against armed bad guys it might be time to reconsider. If I lived in Uvalde there is no doubt I would now own a firearm.
This blows me away. I lived in the dorms two years, a house a year and then off campus a year. My first two years in the dorms (Twin and the John in the summer), everyone there I knew kept at least a pistol and a rifle in their dorm room and many of us, myself included, had an assault rifle. Target shooting out near Lake Tenkiller was a common weekend distraction. Every male I knew at TU had a gun or quick access to them.

This is the folly of the current Democratic position that is so tone deaf to the suburbs. They want to disarm you and you leave you dependent upon a shoestring demoralized police force and a couple of social workers. Your wife, not you, will decide the next election. And she absolutely does not want to be uncomfortable, much less in fear, whether that’s personal safety or the economy. She’s gonna roar in November if the abortion issue doesn’t distract her.

I view guns a lot like drugs. If the product is in high demand by bad guys distance is almost a non factor. They would transport gun into those neighborhoods whether it was 50 miles or 500.
So, we should just get rid of drug laws and the border patrol?

Also, they might import guns there from farther away, but the farther the import the more expensive for the low-level gangbanger. Proximity to a cheap and easy place to buy them absolutely makes things worse.

So, we should just get rid of drug laws and the border patrol?

Also, they might import guns there from farther away, but the farther the import the more expensive for the low-level gangbanger. Proximity to a cheap and easy place to buy them absolutely makes things worse.
Guns will be on par with drugs if they’re outlawed. Gangs and organized crime will expand from drugs into the gun market. Yes….guns will be more expensive on the streets as the gangs and crime factions transport and sell the same. You are incredibly naive if you don’t believe even low level bangers won’t still be packed even if the cost is greater. It’s a necessity in their line of work.

Never said we should get rid of drug laws or border patrol. However, even a 50 year old white man from Sapulpa understands neither is successful in keeping drugs and the accompanying violence out of this country. When you have products in demand (drugs and guns) there are no measures which will keep them from the criminal element who want them. I will concede drug laws are successful in keeping drugs out of the hands of that segment of the population who don’t want to violate the law.

listing reasons for not doing anything about deadly, obvious problems continues. Did anyone here have active shooter drills in school? Anyone recall worrying about being shot in a hospital or school by someone with an assault rifle? Sitting around talking about why nothing can be done is why nothing gets done. Meanwhile mass shootings accelerate In frequency and consequence.

• Haha
Reactions: URedskin54
listing reasons for not doing anything about deadly, obvious problems continues. Did anyone here have active shooter drills in school? Anyone recall worrying about being shot in a hospital or school by someone with an assault rifle? Sitting around talking about why nothing can be done is why nothing gets done. Meanwhile mass shootings accelerate In frequency and consequence.
Hmmm....

You are right... society has changed.

Because it happened in a place it’s “supposed to happen” to people “it’s supposed to happen to.” Heath Ledger’s joker had a point there.
Yes, shootings in that city are common. Yes shooting is "supposed to happen there", but the victim's are not people it's "supposed to happen to". It's not criminal on criminal violence. Whether that narrowing determination will get the media's attention or not, we shall see.

Because it happened in a place it’s “supposed to happen” and to people “it’s supposed to happen to.” Heath Ledger’s joker had a point there.
^^ This. Four people are shot in a Tulsa hospital and it’s on every news outlet and the President is making a prime time address. 50 plus people are shot over the weekend in Chicago and it goes unnoticed. One type of violence has been deemed “acceptable” while the other has not. All based on whose doing the shooting, whose being shot and where the shooting occurs. Same will happen with the Philadelphia shooting imo. I’ve been bringing up the double standard on this board for years btw. Nothing changes with our political leaders or the media.

Reactions: GoldenCaneKC
I was not asking that question because I didn't know the answer. I was asking it to focus on why that statement was being made. I was more interested in the general motivation for a statement of that nature.

^^ This. Four people are shot in a Tulsa hospital and it’s on every news outlet and the President is making a prime time address. 50 plus people are shot over the weekend in Chicago and it goes unnoticed. One type of violence has been deemed “acceptable” while the other has not. All based on whose doing the shooting, whose being shot and where the shooting occurs. Same will happen with the Philadelphia shooting imo. I’ve been bringing up the double standard on this board for years btw. Nothing changes with our political leaders or the media.
Did you miss my statement about the victims?

Did you miss my statement about the victims?
I did not. Look at the number of children who were shot and killed in Chicago alone last year. It’s a travesty this is swept under the rug. Lots of innocent victims. Very few people care for the reasons given above. We are numb to inner city violence regardless of the victims.

I did not. Look at the number of children who were shot and killed in Chicago alone last year. It’s a travesty this is swept under the rug. Lots of innocent victims. Very few people care for the reasons given above. We are numb to inner city violence regardless of the victims.
Those children in Chicago were generally accidental targets, and not the person the shooter was going after. This crowd was more likely to have been the intentional target. But that's yet to be determined.

...It's yet to be determined if the multiple gunmen were simply having a gun fight with each other at OK Crowd, & simply didn't care about their innocent victims.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT