ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa QB Competition - Looking forward to the opener at OSU

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
It will be ironic when either Luke Skipper or Chad President opens the 2017 season as the starter against Oklahoma State, each in their own way. For Skipper, it goes back to the recruiting process where the Pokes tried to steal him away from Tulsa.

LINK: Tulsa QB Competition

Evidently worst day of the fall camp for the QB's on Friday, hope some of this is due to an aggressive defense that is honing in on the QB's tendencies.

Evidently worst day of the fall camp for the QB's on Friday, hope some of this is due to an aggressive defense that is honing in on the QB's tendencies.

That's the good news / bad news thing about scrimmages. Never sure if success or failure is a sign of success, or... failure.

I'll give you more good news / bad news. Your QB will be picking on our least experienced part of our roster. The bad news is they are going to have to exploit it pretty well because we are likely to score enough that having some success against our D won't be enough.

If it helps any, interceptions are common at this point in the fall camp because the D has learned exactly what to anticipate against an Offense they face every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: theSeanDon
That's the good news / bad news thing about scrimmages. Never sure if success or failure is a sign of success, or... failure.

I'll give you more good news / bad news. Your QB will be picking on our least experienced part of our roster. The bad news is they are going to have to exploit it pretty good because we are likely to score enough that having some success against our D won't be enough.

If it helps any, interceptions are common at this point in the fall camp because the D has learned exactly what to anticipate against an Offense they face every day.

Lol ok

Reminds me of the news coming out of the QB competition between Dane and Cody Green. The defense was dominating and they couldn't move the offense.

Reminds me of the news coming out of the QB competition between Dane and Cody Green. The defense was dominating and they couldn't move the offense.
It's still off season so that means your Defense is great. If the Offense did go well it means your Offense is great.

After the first loss of the season everything is reversed and any news is to be interpreted as negative as possible.

Quite the conclusion to jump to... maybe we should just go ahead and forfeit all our games to save ourselves the trouble. Let me know when you have something positive to say.

Reactions: tupatsfan
Don't know how accurate this is, but Robert Allen is reporting that Skipper has been named the starter

No, it's in a story on the OSU Scout premium board, he just posted it this evening
What is he saying that makes it seem legit if you don't mind me asking, I mean did he give a source? Kind of strange that he knows before any of us.

He says that Coach Montgomery has decided to start Skipper, and he says he agrees because Skipper is very dangerous and an outstanding passer, but he doesn't give any source for his info

Why would Robert Allen know unless we just fed confusing information. Maybe we announce a different starter every day.

Reactions: Gmoney4WW
I am thinking Robert Allen was voicing his opinion on Skipper being the starter, I , and I am pretty sure no one else has heard that from anyone else.......Robert is a huge fan of Skipper

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT