ADVERTISEMENT

Tulsa QB coach Beau Trahan discusses recruiting and more

And we just had a QB commit. How many QBs do we have on the roster? And this kid’s a lefty and his throwing motion reminds me of Jim Zorn

And we just had a QB commit. How many QBs do we have on the roster? And this kid’s a lefty and his throwing motion reminds me of Jim Zorn
You are referring to this Carson Collins kid? When did he commit?

Unless Skipper or somebody decided to transfer we have six.(Seven if Marquardt is still on the roster and you are counting walk-ons.) The more the merrier in the competition? Won't matter if all six can't perform at levels we haven't seen since Dane left.

Last edited:
Was Beau on staff when Mason Fine signed with North Texas?

Was Beau on staff when Mason Fine signed with North Texas?
He came to TU in January 2016. Fine signed with N Tex in Feb 2016.

He was barely 5’10” and barely 170 lbs at the time. He and his coach had personal ties to N Texas. Passing on Fine was not a miss. But if anyone is to blame, it’s not Beau. We had an heir apparent finishing his true freshman season. Even if you assume that it was obvious that Fine was going to be legit (and it wasn’t) there were plenty of reasons for him to pass on TU.

That said, I’m still waiting for a marquee QB signing out of this staff, especially since we we’ve been told ad naseum that we have two QB gurus. We are nearing the put up/shut up area with this staff on this issue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT