ADVERTISEMENT

🏈 Recruiting Tulsa pursuing 2025 Deer Creek QB

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
With numerous scholarship offers already in hand, Edmond (OK) Deer Creek quarterback Grady Adamson started his junior season in style this weekend. In a 39-14 win over Edmond North on Friday night, the 6-foot-2 and 200-pound signal-caller passed for 237 yards and three touchdowns for the Antlers.

Those numbers are no surprise, as Adamson showed off his impressive abilities at a Kevin Wilson Football Camp at the University of Tulsa on July 27.

Yes, I believe that is correct.
I thought school districts in Tulsa area were messed up with Union bleeding in Broken Arrow and Tulsa, and Jenks bleeding into Tulsa. Edmond has Edmond Public schools with 3 HS (Ed Memorial, Ed Santa Fe, and Ed North), while Deer Creek HS is in Edmond but not part of Edmond Public Schools but it's own school district with bleed in from the NW side of OKC.

I thought school districts in Tulsa area were messed up with Union bleeding in Broken Arrow and Tulsa, and Jenks bleeding into Tulsa. Edmond has Edmond Public schools with 3 HS (Ed Memorial, Ed Santa Fe, and Ed North), while Deer Creek HS is in Edmond but not part of Edmond Public Schools but it's own school district with bleed in from the NW side of OKC.
Yes they are

Since we are off topic about school districts vs towns - there are areas with Sapulpa addresses that go to Jenks (my daughter’s kids did), Glenpool, Kiefer, Sand Springs (at least use too) and Webster. Only Kiefer is also in Creek County. Also some west Tulsa (Tulsa County kids go to Sapulpa). There is not always a correlation between town/city/county and school districts in Oklahoma.

Since we are off topic about school districts vs towns - there are areas with Sapulpa addresses that go to Jenks (my daughter’s kids did), Glenpool, Kiefer, Sand Springs (at least use too) and Webster. Only Kiefer is also in Creek County. Also some west Tulsa (Tulsa County kids go to Sapulpa). There is not always a correlation between town/city/county and school districts in Oklahoma.
Which is way different than where I grew up where you lived in a town or city and went to that town or city's schools. There were a few schools that were considered "regional" and encompassed 3-4 really tiny towns with regards to a high school but most of those towns had their own elementary schools. Jenks reaching clear across the river all the way to Memorial up 91st, 101st, 111th is really odd to me. Heck there is a neighborhood between Yale and Sheridan, 71st to 81st that is divided in half between Tulsa Public and Union. And Union is a weird district itself sort of sandwiched in. I know it was originally to capture all the east Tulsa rural farm kids because TPS didn't want to have schools way out in the sticks where the roads were still unpaved and I don't think BA reached quite that far north or west yet. And now Union is sandwiched in this narrow strip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT