ADVERTISEMENT

📝 Larry Lewis Tulsa completes another incredible comeback to defeat Tulane

Chris Harmon

ITS Publisher
Staff
Aug 15, 2002
Tulsa, OK
tulsa.rivals.com
The legend of Zaven Collins keeps growing. And what Davis Brin did was truly legendary.

In one of the most unbelievable comebacks in Tulsa history, Collins ended the epic double-overtime battle with Tulane on a 96-yard interception return for a touchdown as No. 25 Tulsa prevailed 30-24 Thursday night at H.A. Chapman Stadium.

Has anybody ever seen a better last sequence of plays at TU when you combine what happened in regulation and OT?

I've been watching TU since Drew Pearson was the QB, and I haven't seen anything like it.

Reactions: loca2874
Brin's 19 yard TD pass to Josh Johnson on 4th and 15 to tie the game at 14-14 with 3:18 left was terrific as well.

For old timers, that play reminded me of a throw another #7, Kenny Jackson, made to future NFL starter Paul Johns in the same end zone in 1980 against North Texas State. It was 4th and 15 at the 20 on the last play of the game. A laser pass to back of end zone in same spot for 28-27 win.

Reactions: 4tu2 and loca2874
Davis Brin is going to be special. He put up 266 yards in the fourth quarter. He had more yards in that one quarter then Tulane had the whole game. His accuracy was astonishing. He moved well in the pocket and he has a great arm. How he was third string I just don’t know. After that performance Zach smith needs to worry about holding his position. Brin made a strong case to be the starter by winning that game.

Brin's 19 yard TD pass to Josh Johnson on 4th and 15 to tie the game at 14-14 with 3:18 left was terrific as well.

For old timers, that play reminded me of a throw another #7, Kenny Jackson, made to future NFL starter Paul Johns in the same end zone in 1980 against North Texas State. It was 4th and 15 at the 20 on the last play of the game. A laser pass to back of end zone in same spot for 28-27 win.

Is that the game where the lights were out on the east side and we came out passing to the east where it was not very light?

TU plays with purpose when their backs are against the wall. Any way we can convince the scoreboard operator to show the opposition at 28+ points and only 5 minutes on the game clock to start the game?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT