ADVERTISEMENT

TU Women vs South Florida game thread

The announcers are not on site. And we are going to get blown out in this game. USF already hammering us with their size inside and we really have no one who will bang inside to grab a board.

Usually for ESPN + the announcers are on site.

Also, USF is getting away with traveling almost every time on offense.

Usually for ESPN + the announcers are on site.
They aren't. In the intro to the game they showed their home offices on screen.
And yes, the big C for USF takes like 3-4 steps every time she touches the ball.

23-20 down start 2nd Q.

Women’s team like the men’s: we need more size to get to the next level.

On another note, I really like the Hurricane flags they have added to the risers of the steps. Very cool effect.

The announcers referred to us as the “Tulsa Goldens”.

Doubled up on rebounds (12 to 24) is the big statistical difference in the game.

Matthew’s is in playing much better defense than Gallegos.

I think someone posted in another thread that USF wasn’t that good - wrong

Foreign players who play on National teams and then show up at USF. Quite different from our local players in experience and ability. But for a while we stayed with them. Just another big as dominant as they had might have been the equalizer. I guess every coach looks for them 😀

Foreign players who play on National teams and then show up at USF. Quite different from our local players in experience and ability. But for a while we stayed with them. Just another big as dominant as they had might have been the equalizer. I guess every coach looks for them 😀
Also not having Young hurt us. She is a 25-30 minute a game player, very hard nosed and drives well to the basket. Probably wouldn’t have helped us win but it would have been a little closer and may have gotten their bigs in foul trouble more quickly.

I think someone posted in another thread that USF wasn’t that good - wrong
I know that I posted that I did not believe that USF was as good as the team last year. I know someone took it as I didnt think USF was any good which is not what I said. We were without Young and Evans. Both are big contributers to the team. With those two I beleive we could have kept it closer. My post was before Evans was ruled out for the season.

I still say they are not as good as they were last year but they were much better than we were yesterday.

Reactions: TU1NNJ
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT