ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs SMU

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
One of the better natural rivalries for TU in any sport, this game never fails to deliver excitement and drama. TU's keeper made some great saves, TU had some really good attack as well.

TU wins on a highlight reel goal off of a corner kick to a diving back post header.

Of course again, Tom is pulling out what little hair he has left. Another great effort against the #19 team in the nation. Shut out another ranked opponent, yet can't focus or get geared up to play ordinary teams.

So we have beaten #1 Stanford and tradition rich SMU and tied Wisconsin, I checked to see our ranking and we aren't. Why is that?

So we have beaten #1 Stanford and tradition rich SMU and tied Wisconsin, I checked to see our ranking and we aren't. Why is that?
Because we lost to Missouri State, Brown, Creighton (who is down this year) and UCONN. The 1st 3 of those are games TU should have won. Tom has faced the same issue that his teams will get really pumped up to play top level teams and then have blah efforts against non top level teams.

An in-house shrink could "counsel" all TU athletes, although it's the coaches job. At least a shrink could counsel coaches on how to address troops on an issue. A coach can yell, scream,cajole,reason with them,etc. but 19-yr old minds are hard to figure.

Reactions: drboobay
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT