ADVERTISEMENT

TU vs Houston AAC Softball Semis

TU_BLA

I.T.S. Legend
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2012
Tulsa, OK
Quick start for TU. Hollingsworth leads off with a triple, quickly driven in with a single. Estocado drops down a good bunt and reaches, runner to 3rd. 1st and 3rd, no outs, 1-0 TU

Watson works out of a little jam in the 1st without any damage. 2-0 TU going into the 2nd. (Watson 2Ks, 1 H, 1 BB in the first)

TU down in order in the 2nd. Spell drove one to the wall, a hard liner was caught next, and groundout for the 3rd out

Houston pitcher wants no part of Hollingsworth. BB to open T3. Everything staying low and out to Hollingsworth

Watson has the Matt Young problem of throwing to first. She cannot make a throw to first and has underhanded, softly, her 2 chance so far.

2 out rally in the 4th by TU. Spell walks, Tori Stafford with an infield single, and Makayla (sp? Last name) with a single to RC to bring Spell in. 3-0 TU.

Houston botches the throw to 2nd on a steal attempt by Whiten. Heebner (UH pitcher) actually tried to catch it and tipped it wide of the bag at 2nd. Stafford in to score. Hollingsworth walks. Runners on 1st and 2nd, two outs T4. UH pitching change.

Heading to the bottom 4, TU 5-0. All baserunners and runs in the 4th came with 2 outs.

Let's go Emily, shut them down!

Watson with 4 (FOUR) Ks in the bottom of the 4th. UH gets 1 run on 1H, 1 WP, 1 error (3rd strike in the dirt, Spell threw the ball into RF). 10Ks on the game for Watson. TU 5 UH 1

Nothing doing for TU in the top of the 5th. 5-1 TU heading to the bottom of the inning

Sorry. TU's D let's them down and they give up another in bottom of 6th. Watson was in a huge jam, bases loaded, no outs and Watson got a strike out...and then I had to go and do work and meet with someone. Came back pleasantly to only 1 run given up.

Top 7 TU promptly goes to work and scores a run to push it to 6-3. 2nd and 3rd, 1 out. Spell forces another one across on a FC. 7-3, 2 outs. Going to bottom 7 up 7-3!

Let's go Emily!

TU WINS 7-3. TU 7 runs on 8 hits w/ 2 errors. Houston, 3 runs on 4 hits and they made 4 errors.

Watson had 15Ks...an AAC Tournament record.

TU on to the final tomorrow vs either USF or Memphis

BTW, Softball Dad, not sure what you're saying about the team not being able to hit. They ran Heebner off the mound pretty quickly in this one and she was one of the top Ps in the AAC this season. Maybe they came in with a different philosophy but they certainly looked aggressive and made better than average contact today. Weren't many easy outs and a couple of the outs were loud and scary.

TU WINS 7-3. TU 7 runs on 8 hits w/ 2 errors. Houston, 3 runs on 4 hits and they made 4 errors.

Watson had 15Ks...an AAC Tournament record.

TU on to the final tomorrow vs either USF or Memphis

BTW, Softball Dad, not sure what you're saying about the team not being able to hit. They ran Heebner off the mound pretty quickly in this one and she was one of the top Ps in the AAC this season. Maybe they came in with a different philosophy but they certainly looked aggressive and made better than average contact today. Weren't many easy outs and a couple of the outs were loud and scary.

I understand they watched film last night for the 1st time all season...thats good! They are ranked somewhere in the 100's in hitting though...I think you misunderstand me, I'm for my buddies kids team just don't like some of the philosophy but watching film is a good start

Reactions: canerush
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT